Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

More fan art in CEC

Page: 1 of 1
 Lynk Former
10-20-2008, 3:45 PM
I've noticed that Coruscant Entertainment Centre is very fan fiction centric... which is cool, though we all know that it's not just a forum about fan fiction.

I'd like to see a lot more art in there. From my experience from other forums, I've discovered that there are always some really talented artists where you least expect them. I'd like to see an artist community grow in there just as well as the fic community has.

I'd like to see it happen... how about you guys? Anyone know how we could make this happen?
 Jae Onasi
10-24-2008, 11:47 PM
What kinds of things have you seen on other sites that attract more artwork/artists? Could we incorporate some of these things to enhance CEC?
 The Doctor
10-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I think a large part of the problem could be that because of the volume of Fics posted in there, the artists of the community aren't sure as to whether their work even belongs there. Perhaps something as simple as a sub-forum for drawings and such could go a long way.
 Darth333
10-25-2008, 5:06 PM
A while ago I was thinking about starting something similar to the monthly fanfic "competition" but for visual artists instead of writers. The winning artwork could replace the monthly kotor screenie on the swk site with all credits to the author and link to their art thread (other ideas are welcomed if there is any interest).

Edit: sent a PM to some possibly interested members, here is a copy of it:
Sorry for the spammy message but this (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193133) might be of interest to you. Let us know what you think!

This message has been forwarded to those who posted works with an Art tag in the CEC forum during the past month...let us know what you think in public or private

All the best,

d3
 TriggerGod
10-25-2008, 5:14 PM
Having once been a moderator on a forum, with a successful art section (Not hand sketched, mind you), the thing attracting people was to put more emphasis onto that one forum. Everyone posted the same in the other forums, but, the rate of posting in the Art forum increased a lot. Since this is a gaming forum, that idea isn't that good.

Maybe having an incentive, like what D3 thought, might be a reasonable substitute. I mean, who wouldn't want their artwork shown on a frequently visited site?
 Web Rider
10-25-2008, 8:31 PM
As an visual artist, and thanks to Darth333 for letting me know, I'd like to see this as well. My only suggestion, as I've seen other forums do, is 2 subsections. One for visual and one for literary.

I like D3's idea, but the problem is still pretty much that visual art is getting buried by literary art. Aside from separating the two, I can't think of much else to do.
 Ferc Kast
10-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Hmm; Didn't notice this thread until D3's PM.

I think that it is a good idea to a separate sub-forum for the visual arts. Aside from that, I see no other way to draw out the hidden artists. (Including myself)
 Quanon
10-26-2008, 4:15 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Couldn't reply earlier as LF didn't want to work this sunday morning, as usual on that day :p

I guess a Subforum or such would do, if grows into something big, perhaps a section on its own would do, but I don't see that happen quickly.
 Web Rider
10-26-2008, 9:14 PM
Okay, let me update my thoughts here.

I just went into CEC again, and I noticed that of the essentially 4 forums in there, all but the "main" section are strictly for fan-fics.
The Jedi Archives
-finished fan-fics
The Resource Centre
-terminology for fan-fics
Tales from Javyar's Cantina
-fanfic competition

And then the main CEC section which is flooded with "unfinished" fan-fics.

I'mm make some specific suggestions here. Jedi Archives is for finished work, so turn "Tales from Javyar's Cantina" into a sticky topic within it. All works submitted don't need new topics, just a link in the sticky topic. If they need to be posted they can go in the Jedi Archives if they feel it's completed, or in the main forum, and link to them in the post that is the contest.

Change the description of "The Resource Centre" to include art as well. We artists need refs too if we're going to make something canon, that way I can go in and ask "what does *race* look like" so I can get my rendition straight.

Replace the now gone "Tales from Javyar's Cantina" with a section similar to Jedi Archives but for art.

Yeah, wow, I really hadn't noticed but almost the entirety of CEC is dedicated to writing.
 Litofsky
10-26-2008, 9:48 PM
Why not just make a sub-forum dedicated exclusively to art?
 stoffe
10-26-2008, 10:37 PM
I guess a Subforum or such would do, if grows into something big, perhaps a section on its own would do, but I don't see that happen quickly.

Why not just make a sub-forum dedicated exclusively to art?

Why not?

Click (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=738)

(Can be changed, moved or expanded later as needed, but it's a start at least. :))
 Quanon
10-27-2008, 3:47 AM
Why not?

Click (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=738)

(Can be changed, moved or expanded later as needed, but it's a start at least. :))

Wow thats fast :lol:

Thanks, I'll have to sharpen my pencils and get started :)

Been awhile since I finished anything...
 igyman
10-29-2008, 6:19 PM
Actually, I think D333's idea is pretty good and was wondering how nobody thought of it sooner. Having an art contest besides the fic contest could prove to be very fun.
 Darth333
10-29-2008, 6:46 PM
edit: nevermind
 Litofsky
11-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Just wanted to give a quick thanks for the Art Gallery- I've got a place to make maps for my story in the CEC, and, without it, I'd be cluttering up my story thread right now.

Many thanks to the stoffe!
Page: 1 of 1