Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Handmaiden clothing problems

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
10-11-2008, 7:42 PM
I'm doing a mod. Yes. A shocker, right? :p
Well, I just skinned Brianna's standard clothing for a mod I'm making for my new female NPCs I'm making. Anyways, I set up appearance.2da so that it'll recognize my changes without changing the original texture, and, when I test ingame, the actual model is correct, but the UV Map is all wrong.

Now, I've tried all three model variations of handmaiden's clothing (BB, BA, and BD) and, they all yield the same results. Is there a solution to my problem without having to go into GMax, and having to re-UV Map it?

(Its obvious its possible that I can use Brianna's clothing, as the actual model is used. Its just the UV Map on it... like I said...)
 Darth Kalverys
10-11-2008, 8:16 PM
Have you tried using all three at once?
 TriggerGod
10-11-2008, 8:20 PM
It doesn't work that way. Appearance.2da doesn't allow that.

EDIT: OK, I tried BB again, and, surprisingly, the actual clothing works. Now, the head is another thing...
Click Me! (http://d.imagehost.org/0988/Halp.jpg)
The Hair clips the hood, and an unidentified white substance is covering her face (Pun not intended :¬:)

Is there any way to fix this?
 Sithspecter
10-11-2008, 8:57 PM
To me that looks like the Handmaiden's Face under the PC's face, and to my recollection, that Particular model is a full body model. I'll take a look at the model and see what I can determine.

:EDIT: Forgot I don't have TSL installed. :(
 TriggerGod
10-11-2008, 9:07 PM
To me that looks like the Handmaiden's Face under the PC's face, and to my recollection, that Particular model is a full body model. I'll take a look at the model and see what I can determine.
It may be. I looked at the texture. Its the same exact as the part with the belt. And considering the rest of the head isn't affected, just tells us that the PC has a bigger head then his/her companions (not sure on any others. Maybe just Brianna. Maybe the rest of them.)

:EDIT: Forgot I don't have TSL installed. :(

If you absolutely need them, I can pack up the mdl/mdx files (ascii included) and send them over to you ;)

EDIT: I decided to try a version of Bastila's clothing for my normal clothing (its skinned redish-orange, using RedRob's tut ;)), and, for some reason, it only works on the counselor class for some reason, not the guardian or the sentinel
Click Me! (http://d.imagehost.org/0902/Halp2.jpg)
EDIT2: Disregard my above statement. The clothing works fine on all 3 classes. It was the games fault for making that do that on the start screen (adds that to list of bugs)
 Sithspecter
10-12-2008, 12:19 AM
If you absolutely need them, I can pack up the mdl/mdx files (ascii included) and send them over to you ;)

That won't be necessary, if I wanted to look at it that bad it would be faster for me to install TSL than to download it considering the internet I have...

If you took a look in GMax, it might could shed some light on the situation. If it is the problem, all you'd have to do is shrink the head and stuff it into the chest to fix it.
 TriggerGod
10-12-2008, 1:29 AM
Ok, I've done what you told me to do (and I did some work on the map for my other skin), and I was wondering how I would go about exporting (I followed how to export using svцsh's body mesh editing tut, but it didn't export to where I wanted it to). Would I need Taina's Replacer? (if I do, would someone sent it to me?) And is there a specific method to the exportation? (I'm kind of new to body editing, evidently)
 Eefluxx
10-12-2008, 6:05 PM
I have tried this also in the past and Handmaidens clothes is a full body model.
I tried to put Jana Lorso's face in her place by hexediting the mdl but you could still see Handmaidens model face under the skin, like when the eyebrows moved the skin where her eyebrows were would move but not where Jana's eyebrows were. Pretty creepy to watch. The modeled mouth would open but Jana's wouldn't and vice versa.

If you did shrink the head wouldn't you have to have a modeled new head in its place?

Like take the head he is using and attach it in place of Brianna's head?

Just wondering, I was never able to fully get it working, I figured it would require remodeling the face and since my modeling skills are in the negative I gave up that part of the project and went in a different direction.

Eefluxx

Edit: If you need Taina's Replacer send me your email in the PM's and I can send it to you
 TriggerGod
10-12-2008, 6:11 PM
If you did shrink the head wouldn't you have to have a modeled new head in its place?
No. Considering you can see the original head under that white stuff (>_>) can be seen. There is a part in the model, head_g If I'm not mistaken. Some parts of h_g overlap Brianna's head, and you can see that in my pictures.

Just wondering, I was never able to fully get it working, I figured it would require remodeling the face and since my modeling skills are in the negative I gave up that part of the project and went in a different direction.
See above.

Edit: If you need Taina's Replacer send me your email in the PM's and I can send it to you

Nah, I don't need it anymore. Darth Cyrax sent it to me.
 svцsh
10-12-2008, 9:56 PM
Head_g is a bone, all the tri mesh with *_g prefex are bones , except for the breastbone you can hide them all in one shot in [g]max right click an active viewport then hit "hide by name" use the * wild card > like *_g ,hit ok . then you will only see the mesh, the bones tri mesh is used to cast drop shadows. But they don't render in the engine so it's not the bones your seeing it's just the two overlapped heads in your pic above.

The non modeling way to take on this challenge:

Select the Aurora trimesh for her neck, head, face, [eyes 4 parts ]and the mouth and under the modifier panel you uncheck the render option, for each of these so the game doesn't render that mesh it's easy to do you could possibly leave her hood but as you see already it will clip the hair a bit. Thats the non modeling way, proving her collar mesh comes up high enough and there is no gap between her head and collar.

Then you export like normal fallow my tut , remember you need the original models .bin mdl / mdx in the same directory to compile so you have to rename your new ascii mdl once exported so it won't overwrite. Just export to your desktop from Gmax or max so you don't overwrite the .mdl from KT ;) and use Mdlops no need for Taina's Replacer here.

svösh
Page: 1 of 1