Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A couple questions that have always bugged me

Page: 1 of 1
 SD Nihil
10-05-2008, 6:01 PM
How did Bastila get that robe? I mean the default one. You don't see any other female Jedi dress that way. And where did Carth get his default clothing? I again don't see any other republic soldier with that uniform. Finally, why do the female dark jedi some have purple sabers?
 jrrtoken
10-05-2008, 6:08 PM
How did Bastila get that robe? I mean the default one. You don't see any other female Jedi dress that way. And where did Carth get his default clothing?Someone over at BioWare drew it. :xp:
 Corinthian
10-05-2008, 6:35 PM
Well, Bastila is a front-line Jedi, and presumably ditched her standard robes for something that's more practical in battle. That would be the most logical assumption. Carth isn't a Republic Soldier. At this stage, he's got to be at least a Captain in the Republic Navy, given that he's an Admiral by the time TSL rolls around. That might be the uniform of a Captain in Republic Starfighter Command. As for the Lightsabers, who said all Dark Jedi have to use Red lightsabers? In Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, they have a veritable rainbow of lightsaber colors, and only Jerec uses a red one.
 Bastila Sham
10-05-2008, 7:00 PM
Carth is a pilot, so he's going to have his bomber jacket instead of the body armor and bicycle helmet.

Dont' know why Bastila would have such a weird outfit though.
 Endorenna
10-06-2008, 5:23 AM
Well, Jedi are allowed to play around with their outfits. I mean, look at Aayla Secura! That's not exactly what I'd call standard issue!

Then there's Luminara Unduli, Shaak Ti, Barris Offee, and Ahsoka Tano. I'm sure there are some male Jedi who mess around with costumes, too--just I can't think of any off the top of my head. :D
 The Betrayer
10-06-2008, 6:53 AM
I'm sure there are some male Jedi who mess around with costumes, too--just I can't think of any off the top of my head. :D
Darth Revan?
 TKA-001
10-06-2008, 8:46 AM
Finally, why do the female dark jedi some have purple sabers?
First of all, some of the male Dark Jedi use purple sabers too. As for why, maybe lightsaber color determines rank or something.
 Endorenna
10-06-2008, 3:38 PM
Darth Revan?

Yea! There's one! :lol:
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-06-2008, 3:49 PM
The Jedi don't actually have uniforms. They have what they consider the traditional attire of the Jedi that many choose to wear as a symbol of their ongoing legacy, but Jedi robes are not mandatory. A great example of this would be Aayla Secura, whom I don't believe has ever been depicted wearing traditional Jedi robes.

As for Carth, well, we only see him off-duty in the game, so naturally he is not in uniform. :)
 SD Nihil
10-06-2008, 4:37 PM
Cool answers guys. Very creative.:)
 RedHawke
10-07-2008, 12:53 AM
If I were a Jedi Knight I would go around in all black robes and carry a red lightsaber, cause that's how I roll! :carms:
 TKA-001
10-07-2008, 8:42 AM
and only Jerec uses a red one.
Are you sure? I seem to recall Maw using a red one.
 Ztalker
10-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Are you sure? I seem to recall Maw using a red one.
Ret-conned into Orange I believe. The in-game settings made it appear to be red though.
Same happened with the expansion. Showed Kyle with a orange saber where it should have been yellow. But they did show differently in-game. Good observation :)

If I were a Jedi Knight I would go around in all black robes and carry a red lightsaber, cause that's how I roll! :carms:

"Yes, Jacen Solo. Going for the galactic record for the fastest plunge into bloody anarchy and the most stylish black outfit."
―Admiral Natasi Daala, to Gilad Pellaeon, about Jacen Solo[src]

You've been spotted o_Q
 mattig89ch
10-07-2008, 2:24 PM
Now I would use a blue one...until I fell so far that I would want the blood of those I killed to say on my blade :dev9:
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-07-2008, 3:29 PM
I've often wondered if red was one of the colors the Jedi used for their lightsaber crystals before the Sith came around. And then they outlawed that particular color because of its association with the Sith.

Just a thought.
 Darth krunchy
10-07-2008, 5:43 PM
I've always thought Bastila's clothes were a slave outfit, kinda like Leia in RotJ. I just assumed the game engine couldn't get a different costume when you get off the planet. I'm sure the game designers thought most would take Bastila after Taris, and would give her Jedi robes on Dantooine.
 Corinthian
10-07-2008, 5:45 PM
Bastila's jumpsuit doesn't strike me as a slave outfit. It seems to me that she wore it for practical reasons - Robes kind of suck in the middle of a battle. Ever gone flat on your face? Ooh, that's good stuff.
 Darth krunchy
10-09-2008, 7:10 PM
It doesn't strike me as something that would stay on her very long if she were actually in a fight.
 Endorenna
10-09-2008, 7:27 PM
No, Bastila's default clothing couldn't be a slave outfit, I don't think. Chances are, if they were, they'd be a whole lot more revealing.
 Darth krunchy
10-09-2008, 7:59 PM
No, Bastila's default clothing couldn't be a slave outfit, I don't think. Chances are, if they were, they'd be a whole lot more revealing.

If you take her clothes off, her underwear covers more of her ass than the outfit.
 Endorenna
10-09-2008, 9:17 PM
I wouldn't exactly say that...

Wait a second. Are you under the impression that the light brown part of Bastila's outfit is her skin? (in other words, everything but the leather)
 Corinthian
10-10-2008, 4:02 AM
In case you didn't realize it from Endorenna's wording, that is definitely incorrect. Her outfit is a jumpsuit, and it covers her from throat to toe. Well, except for her hands. Look at her outfit. Or, to be more obvious, compare the color tones of her face to that of her outfit.
 Inyri
10-10-2008, 4:05 AM
The wrinkles in the cloth are a giveaway that it's cloth. It's not like Bastila is a sharpei. :xp:
 Lance Monance
10-10-2008, 5:30 AM
All I know is that she looks good in her outfit. Much better than with robes or armour, but that's the case with many NPCs in both Kotor and TSL.
 Endorenna
10-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Thanks for clarifying, Corinthian and Inyri. :)
 Darth krunchy
10-10-2008, 4:33 PM
I wouldn't exactly say that...

Wait a second. Are you under the impression that the light brown part of Bastila's outfit is her skin? (in other words, everything but the leather)

My bad, you are totally right.

I'm on an older PC, and I have all the graphics at a minimum to play the game and never realized it's a full suit on her.

I just did a google/images search on Bastila for better pics.
 Inyri
10-10-2008, 4:34 PM
:rofl:

So you went through the whole game thinking Bastila was a trampy Hooters employee? :xp: :xp: :xp:
 Endorenna
10-10-2008, 4:46 PM
Well, on low graphics, it's an understandable mistake. :) Before I got KOTOR, I was looking at screenshots and stuff, and on some of 'em I could swear that she was wearing only the leather! :eek:
Page: 1 of 1