Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Music and Sound Changes

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Leo
10-04-2008, 11:32 AM
How do you change the music and sound that plays in the game? I want to change the music that plays when you get lightside points.
 Keiko
10-04-2008, 12:05 PM
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421&highlight=Changing+Music)

3. Sounds and Music

Check there.

I realize that isn't Exactly what you looking for, but it may get you started. :D

--Keiko

EDIT: This may also help you out: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153092&highlight=Changing+Music)

Bah, All mixed up today, hehe...:xp:
 Darth Leo
10-04-2008, 2:11 PM
Thanks, I used this to change the ambient music a little bit ago. :D Now the music from the Rebuilt Jedi Enclave plays in the Trayus Core!

I think what I was looking for is in the scripts, though. When you get lightside points, the game plays the Force Theme. I'd like to change it so that it plays mus_s_lightshort instead.

I'd be like something like the Lightside Transition Music Mod by stingerhs.
I'm not sure where to find where the assets I need to change, though. :confused:
 Darth Leo
10-07-2008, 6:26 PM
Sorry for the double post. What happens when the MusicDay and MusicNight values are different? Can you have two different tracks play in the same area?
 dmmm123
01-31-2013, 9:15 AM
Sorry for the double post. What happens when the MusicDay and MusicNight values are different? Can you have two different tracks play in the same area?

Yes you can. At least in KOTOR 1, but I suppose it works for KOTOR 2 as well. I used the tutorial for adding custom music to KOTOR 1 to add some more songs, then edited the .GIT files from every level (.rim file), replacing the values for the MusicNight tracks, while leaving the MusicDay tracks values, since I already replaced the corresponding .wav files with some custom .mp3 songs. The only problem I have now is that the MusicNight track ALWAYS plays first in every area, repeats for 30 minutes (5-6 times) and THEN switches to the MusicDay track, which does the same thing before switching back.
Does anyone know if there some way to control how many times the tracks repeat before they change to the alternate track for the area?
Page: 1 of 1