Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hunting for a new mouse..

Page: 1 of 1
 Marius Fett
10-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Well, i've had it with having to buy a new mouse every few months, so i've decided to try for something that'll definitely last.

What better place to ask, than here. :)

I've been looking at 3 mice, the MX Revolution, the MX Air and the Apple Mighty Mouse.

They're all great IMO, and all have had great reviews.

Is there another mouse that you guys would recommend? Or would you go with one of the ones i've listed?

Thanks,

~M
 Astrotoy7
10-04-2008, 12:43 PM
The air mouse? Unless you plan on using it as a remote, its price is much overinflated. The Revolution has indeed had great reviews....but the price..sheesh.

I am currently using the Logitech v320, a 2.4Ghz wireless notebook mouse. I love it ;) Only cost me $50 odd dollars. Of course, I realise not everyone has dainty hands like me and prefers a full sized mouse :p

However, if you are a stickler for uber mice, you might as well go for the MS new BlueTrack technology. Better than Laser standard apparently(due to wider beam), and they glow a pretty blue color :D

http://media.arstechnica.com/journals/hardware.media/540/msexplorer-ars.jpg)

mtfbwya
 Marius Fett
10-04-2008, 2:32 PM
Ok, i've actually just come across what is in my opinion, a pretty nifty find.

A brand new Cherry eVolution BARRACUDA Deskset for just £30 on eBay..

It's a keyboard AND a mouse, so i'll give it a go.

If it doesn't work, i'll splash the cash on the Revolution or some other type of mouse..

If anyone else has suggestions though, please post them, as i'll soon be needing a new mouse for my desktop. :)
 Pikmin
10-04-2008, 4:11 PM
A keyboard mouse is probably not the best way to go...
 Marius Fett
10-04-2008, 5:41 PM
Huh?

The set I bought includes both a keyboard and a mouse..

Seems like a pretty good deal for the price IMO..

Or did you think I meant something else?
 stingerhs
10-05-2008, 1:43 PM
i'm using the Logitech Mx518. excellent mouse for gaming with a very high 1600 dpi maximum setting (its adjustable if that seems a bit "twitchy" for ya). its also comfortable, which is important during prolonged gaming or otherwise. the best part is that you can get one for under $50.

about the only downside i can think of is that the mouse isn't a wireless unit. not only does this limit portability, it also decreases the weight of the mouse which can make the mouse feel a little too sensitive at times. otherwise, you couldn't go wrong with this one. ;)
 Marius Fett
10-05-2008, 2:07 PM
Looks pretty darn hawt too. :p

I'll note down the name of that one.

If nobody suggests something better I may well get that!
 Darth333
10-05-2008, 2:48 PM
D3 swears by the G5 mouse: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/359&cl=US,EN)

It's not the most recent model on the market but I always come back to this one. I've tried the G9 recently but I find the G5 more comfortable.

There's also a wireless version (G7)
 Marius Fett
10-05-2008, 3:33 PM
Ooh, thank's for that D3. Looks hawt. ;)

I'll definitely be adding that to my list of possible purchases. :)
 Astrotoy7
10-05-2008, 11:40 PM
yes Marius, stay away from the 10 Quid set :)

The G5/7 are definitely gamer favourites. I had one not too long ago, and recently donated it to someone when I got my notebook mouse.

Dont get me wrongo, they are nice mice but I must admit, the whole weight adjustments thing is a bit wanky.. are peoples hands really that sensitive??

There are many small muscles that control the hand in grip posture. They work in small twitches, as opposed to prolonged load bearing contraction(like muscles in the hips and lower limbs)

A few grams here or there isnt going to affect the way these hand muscles are working, it is moreso the overall body and shoulder>elbow>hand posture of the 1337 g4M3R wanting to sway the outcome of 84 straight constipation ridden hours of Starfcraft/WOW

So yes, the G5/7 are nice, but I wouldnt invest too much in the adjustable weight business.

If you like things a bit weird or futuristic lookin', check out the foldable arc mouse (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=112) ;) Also from MS, but not BlueTrack IIRC

mtfbwya
 Marius Fett
10-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Did I write 10? Woops. Should have been 30.. I'll fix that..

I'll try it out when it arrives tommorrow/Wednesday, if I like it, i'll keep it, if not, i'll most likely give it to my cousin for college.

If I do have to get a new set though, i'll try and get the DiNovo Edge keyboard and one of the mice that you guys have suggested.
 ZimmMaster
02-01-2009, 1:22 PM
Get the Cyber Snipa SWAT Mouse. It is not cordless but it is worth it.
 Samnmax221
02-01-2009, 4:49 PM
Get a trackball instead.
 Pho3nix
02-01-2009, 6:20 PM
Logitech MX518 is the only mouse you'll ever need.
 Jeff
02-01-2009, 7:04 PM
Logitech G5, I love it for gaming. It is great because it has these little weight sets so you can customize how heavy it is, and it has 2 buttons under the middle button to adjust the sensitivity (though they can be mapped to something else if you want). And then there are 2 buttons on the left side by your thumb that can be mapped to whatever you want, these are very useful in WoW for me. And it is wired so you never have to worry about batteries running out or any lag.
Page: 1 of 1