Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Force Unleashed 2? Possible Spoliers

Page: 1 of 1
 han sala
10-03-2008, 1:00 PM
 Ali1392
10-03-2008, 1:02 PM
i would prefer one with Bane or kun or an new jedi that fought in the battles of russan
 LordOfTheFish
10-03-2008, 5:59 PM
Is that Maul?

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/909/909087/players-wanted-the-force-unleashed-2-)

I would like to see another TFU, but Galen died.
 han sala
10-03-2008, 6:16 PM
The thing is TFU can still be expanded upon. The name allows it to be.
 LordOfTheFish
10-03-2008, 9:37 PM
Hmm, true. I suppose there is a slight possibility.
 Rabish Bini
10-04-2008, 5:40 AM
Hmm, true. I suppose there is a slight possibility.
HUGE possibility, slight probability ;)

I, personally, don't think it to be a good idea, gimme KotOR III damnit!!
 Theone Thewayne
10-04-2008, 6:57 AM
I rather have a RepCom 2 / Imperial Commando than a TFU 2...
 Hawwi Joshe
10-04-2008, 8:40 AM

I couldn't agree more, as long as it is single player based that is ;)
 Qwerty Uiop
10-04-2008, 10:42 AM

I would rather have JK4.
 GeneralPloKoon
10-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Unleashing the Force as Maul would be sweet! To play through the Maul books and such.
 LordOfTheFish
10-04-2008, 1:47 PM
I rather have a RepCom 2 / Imperial Commando than a TFU 2...

Agreed.
 Lord Foley
10-05-2008, 9:29 PM
Force Unleashed 2 is most def going to happen eventually, just like KotOR III. I would hope that Force Unleashed 2 focuses on Maris Brood and leads right up to A New Hope. Otherwise, Maris Brood's inclusion in the game is basically like wtf?
 MajinMikeyX
10-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Eh, I'd prefer a male character, but not the one they're suggesting in the article...I guess if they're desperate. That's just my opinion. And for sequels, I don't think they should only be limited to using the time in between episode 3 and 4. They could do other times as well, just not KotOR time, either within the prequel times or after the classic trilogy times would be good to me.
 adamqd
10-06-2008, 3:35 AM
I Don't want it, I get so angry when the powers that be just dont listen. TFU should of been K3, it wasn't. TFU is NO KotOR, Luckily the TFU was just OK, so it didn't completely tarnish LA, but the game is far from compelling, the lack of customization, too short, the Gary Stu syndrome is through the roof, it's too big for it's boots. The Idea of over the top force powers has haunted me from day 1, I hope they don't think it's a good idea to continue this as a multi era/Character franchise like the "NJO unleashed", the "Old republic unleashed" etc. Just release the DLC so I can get my monies worth and close the book!

With this and the Clone wars powering the Lucas empire at the moment I'm beginning to think that George is surrounding himself with the wrong people
 Darth Eclipse
10-06-2008, 7:17 AM
I think that TFU 2 would be awsome. But I think that Battlefront 3 and KOTOR III will come out first.
 GeneralPloKoon
10-06-2008, 6:42 PM
TFU has sold much, which means LA will make a sequal, thats the only evidence they will probably use....and TFU 2 might be fan-ignored....not a surprise.
 Lord Foley
10-06-2008, 6:45 PM
I Don't want it, I get so angry when the powers that be just dont listen. TFU should of been K3, it wasn't. TFU is NO KotOR, Luckily the TFU was just OK, so it didn't completely tarnish LA, but the game is far from compelling, the lack of customization, too short, the Gary Stu syndrome is through the roof, it's too big for it's boots. The Idea of over the top force powers has haunted me from day 1, I hope they don't think it's a good idea to continue this as a multi era/Character franchise like the "NJO unleashed", the "Old republic unleashed" etc. Just release the DLC so I can get my monies worth and close the book!

I don't know about the rest of you, but other than the shortness of the game, I think Force Unleashed fulfilled my expectations. I love it.
 Rabish Bini
10-07-2008, 1:17 AM
I would rather have JK4.
BLASPHEMY!!

@Lord Foley: Fulfilled my expectations also, they werent all that high but it's a good game, just FAR too short
 Hayden GS
10-07-2008, 1:43 AM
I think the fact that TFU was so short is clear proof, IMO, that TFU2 will be made. Especially since LA came up with the "force unleashed" idea.
 Endorenna
10-07-2008, 3:29 PM
(SPOILERS)

If they make a TFU2, I want it to be about Maris Brood. Even though SK squashed her in their little saber bout, she'd be a cool character to be, I think. She could stay behind the scenes, never part of the Rebellion, just watching them and helping them from afar. All through the game, she could be struggling with her inner darkness, trying to turn away from the Dark Side, like she told SK she would. Hopefully the dark side ending would be a little happier. She wouldn't look good at all in skin-grafted armor! And, hopefully, the Light Side ending would be happier as well.

And beside that, I want to use her lightsabers. :xp:
 Lord Foley
10-07-2008, 8:34 PM
If they make a TFU2, I want it to be about Maris Brood.

That. I'm glad someone agrees. Plus, don't you think it's dumb that she was in the game for about three minutes total? She was totally useless to the plot. A follow up story centralized on her would make her presence in the game much more understandable.
 SW01
10-07-2008, 9:03 PM
Yeah, I agree that Maris Brood would make sense for a sequel - ready made light/dark conflict, and a decent though not overdeveloped backstory.

Hope they build up a few more RPG elements next time round. :)
 Endorenna
10-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm glad someone agrees. Plus, don't you think it's dumb that she was in the game for about three minutes total? She was totally useless to the plot. A follow up story centralized on her would make her presence in the game much more understandable.

Yea, my thoughts exactly! Come on, she's supposed to be one of the six core characters, and she has far, far less less 'screen time' than any of the others! When I saw her run off, I thought "And there we have The Force Unleashed 2!"
 Darth Eclipse
10-08-2008, 7:11 AM
I don't want to play as girl...
 Justus
10-08-2008, 2:41 PM
I would rather have JK4.

As would I.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Force Unleashed, don't mind the idea of playing a chick as long as the story is solid.
 Zwier Zak
10-08-2008, 5:15 PM
TFU sucked Imo. I'd rather see JK4 annyday.
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-09-2008, 1:16 PM
If there must be a TFU2, then Maris would probably be a natural choice for the role character, I agree. She lives for a reason, I believe.

Then don't. Can you tell me the problem that there's on doing so?
 Rueben Shan
10-09-2008, 3:09 PM
Or maybe Anakin Solo, up to the point at which he dies. :D That would be fun!

Or maybe even Juno... like she gets trained during the Civil war, and is to Luke, as Mara Jade is to the Emperor. :)
 GeneralPloKoon
10-09-2008, 4:36 PM
I think Mara Jade would be great to see! She hasn't been in very many games.
 Darth Eclipse
10-09-2008, 6:17 PM
I just don't want to play as a girl! You would be this wimpy little person! It doesn't matter what you say, that is MY oppinion.
 SW01
10-09-2008, 7:01 PM
I wouldn't mind playing as Maris Brood in a sequel if her story was properly developed - explaining how she came to be with Shaak-Ti, for example. I know it was outlined in character bios, but I think it would be better explained in-game.

It seems to me that she is very likely to be the focus of some project in the future - given that she appears twice in cutscenes on two different levels, and has a foreboding commentary from Bail Organa on his fears about her path, and could easily be seen as light or dark side. And, more than anything else, she seems completely enigmatic - no mention of her outside TFU.

Now if they would only get rid of the dozy 'nightstick'-style lightsabres...

(Actually, that seems to be yet more evidence for her return - a different-for-the-sake-of-it sabre style...:xp:)
 Rueben Shan
10-09-2008, 7:48 PM
I just don't want to play as a girl! You would be this wimpy little person! It doesn't matter what you say, that is MY oppinion.

Dude... you obviously haven't been around to many chicks... most that I know, are willful, headstrong, and brave, and far from whimpy... especially during that time of month... :fist:
 LordOfTheFish
10-09-2008, 8:07 PM
Hey, I though Maris was pretty tough for a chick.
 Endorenna
10-09-2008, 8:26 PM
Yea, really! Come on, she lives on a fungus planet full of flesh-eating diseases, rancors, and sarlaacs for what? twenty years or so? You have to be amazingly tough to survive in a place like that for several years. And look at her pet. Meanest, ugliest critter this side of Yuuzhan'tar...
 Rabish Bini
10-10-2008, 4:14 AM
You're all blasphemers, those of you who want JK4 over KotOR 3, the JK series is one of the most overrated in gaming history.
A bit sexist, don't you think...? Care to explain why?
 Darth Eclipse
10-10-2008, 8:19 AM
I like to play as men! Not a half-naked woman!
 LordOfTheFish
10-10-2008, 8:26 AM
To bad there are no men left make to a TFU 2, with out altering the story.
 Darth Eclipse
10-10-2008, 10:21 AM
They could make a new character. They did a lot of that with TFU 1.
 LordOfTheFish
10-10-2008, 11:43 AM
That would take years to scope out.
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I like to play as men! Not a half-naked woman!

So you just prefer playing as a half-naked man. I understand - not.
 LordOfTheFish
10-10-2008, 1:20 PM
Look at it this way. Would using her saber's not be enjoyable, and awesome.
 DarthPhae
10-10-2008, 2:08 PM
Well I personally don't want to play as Maris in TFU2. NOT because she's a girl, but because her character just didn't really interest me that much. But... it still would be nice to have her in the game, maybe even join your team or whatever. But I really think I wouldn't enjoy playing as her.
 SW01
10-10-2008, 2:14 PM
I still think she would be a good leading character in that her story after TFU is wide open - allowing the developers substantial freedom to develop the character.

A totally new character - maybe even a different era - would of course be good as well, so long as it is well executed, but I think it's fairly obvious that the developers have pegged Maris for a return.

And I hate those lightsabres!
Page: 1 of 1