Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Force Unleashed - The Movie

Page: 1 of 1
 MCL_1984
10-02-2008, 8:46 AM
A lot of the reviews of force unleashed mentioned how awesome the story was. Most reviewers went as far to say that its story was vastly superior to any of the prequel movies. I'd like to start a discussion for those fans who would like to see the game made into a live action movie.

The more responses to this thread the greater the chance of seeing the force unleashed in a cinema sooner.
 Darth Moeller
10-02-2008, 9:41 AM
The more responses to this thread the greater the chance of seeing the force unleashed in a cinema sooner.:¬: TFU will never be made into a movie because it already is the next chapter in the saga, supposed to be on the same level as the movies.
 Lord Foley
10-02-2008, 11:04 AM
@ Darth Moeller:

They call everything the "next chapter in the Star Wars saga." I still don't think it's on the same level as the movies.

That aside, I do think the story is really awesome. When I heard it would tie the two trilogies together, I figured they were saying that just because it was some random story that took place between them. I didn't actually expect it to tie them together.
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Most reviewers went as far to say that its story was vastly superior to any of the prequel movies.
Now that's a great achievement...

Quite frankly, TFU story has been told, as far as I care.
 LordOfTheFish
10-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't foresee that happening. Like Darth Moeller said, It was supposed to be on the level of the movies.

Maybe someone will string the video sequences together...
 Ztalker
10-02-2008, 2:04 PM
A lot of the reviews of force unleashed mentioned how awesome the story was. Most reviewers went as far to say that its story was vastly superior to any of the prequel movies. I'd like to start a discussion for those fans who would like to see the game made into a live action movie.

The more responses to this thread the greater the chance of seeing the force unleashed in a cinema sooner.

I am George Lucas. Your post made me realise I need to make a new movie. [/sarcasm]

No, really. Mr. Lucas has stated many, MANY times he just wanted to 'sketch' an universe, with other people (or the fans, in some cases) fill in the rest. The movies are his way of showing what SW is all about. Now the game designers, novel writers and comic artists handle the franchise from now on.
It's just the same case with Lord of the Rings. With Tolkien writing only about a certain time and certain characters, leaving others to fill the rest.

And this game is just that. 'Filling' up gaps, sketching more of the universe. :)
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-02-2008, 2:41 PM
:¬: TFU will never be made into a movie because it already is the next chapter in the saga, supposed to be on the same level as the movies.

Yeah, I wouldn't go that far.
 PoiuyWired
10-02-2008, 3:17 PM
Force Unleashed - The Musical.
 Astor_Kaine
10-02-2008, 4:05 PM
Why do people have an obsession with turning games into films? Isn't Uwe Boll enough to teach us the error of this?

Seriously, why would it need to be made into a movie? At least in game form *you* are the hero.
 SW01
10-02-2008, 4:26 PM
I agree with Astor and Ctrl Alt Del - there is absolutely no need to turn this game into a movie. The story is there, it has been explored, it has been brought to an end. And, as said, movies of games are generally...awful.

If another movie was to be made, I would rather see a new story - not a rehash of a story that has already been released and played through.
 TKA-001
10-02-2008, 5:03 PM
Personally, I think the only reason anyone ever thought TFU would make a good movie is the fact that it has nice cutscenes.
 Lord Foley
10-02-2008, 5:11 PM
Personally, I think the only reason anyone ever thought TFU would make a good movie is the fact that it has nice cutscenes.

Stop it! You're hurting my Nintendo Wii's feelings!
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-02-2008, 5:11 PM
Why do people have an obsession with turning games into films? Isn't Uwe Boll enough to teach us the error of this?

And Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and Double Dragon, and Super Mario Bros., and the Resident Evil films, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children... The list goes on and on. The fact that ninety-five percent of them have been crap should have told us something by now.

I'd say the same thing about superhero movies, but that's another topic.
 LordOfTheFish
10-02-2008, 6:18 PM
Hey, I liked Super Mario Bros :xp:.
 Darth Eclipse
10-02-2008, 6:29 PM
I don't think they need to make The Force Unleashed into a movie. Now, Star Wars Episode 7 on the other hand SHOULD be made into a live-action movie.
 GeneralPloKoon
10-02-2008, 10:12 PM
movie...maybe...a direct-dvd-movie....but either way its cool.
 Hayden GS
10-02-2008, 10:55 PM
IMO, with the cutscenes and the story line, TFU is a game and movie in one staring the player!

Hint: If you really want a movie, go to youtube and download all the 360 cutscenes and use a movie maker to paste them together. The cutscenes alone are a little over an hour long, and some videos on youtube also have the battle scenes.
 Rabish Bini
10-02-2008, 11:03 PM
And Street Fighter, and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, and Double Dragon, and Super Mario Bros., and the Resident Evil films, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children... The list goes on and on. The fact that ninety-five percent of them have been crap should have told us something by now.
Not to mention a coming Prince of Persia movie, plus there's a plan for a Halo movie
 RyuuKage
10-03-2008, 11:29 AM

You should rethink (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt_tv7t79WY) that statement... XD
 han sala
10-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Most reviewers went as far to say that its story was vastly superior to any of the prequel movies.r.

I would completely agree
 LordOfTheFish
10-03-2008, 5:56 PM
I wouldn't. There's not really enough "good" info in the game, at least not enough to make a descent film.
 Serpentine
10-05-2008, 6:42 AM
If the fans want it bad enough, they'll make it themselves....
 LordOfTheFish
10-05-2008, 8:56 AM
Probably..

There mite already be some TFU machinima.
Page: 1 of 1