Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite K1 romance?

Page: 1 of 1
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
09-30-2008, 11:30 PM
What is the majority's favorite romance? What's YOURS?
 Blix
09-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Revan (Male) x Bastila, I didn't care much for Carth's whining and it adds a more emotional feel when you're forced to face your lover in combat.
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
09-30-2008, 11:36 PM
whoa! you posted while i was making the poll! :lol:
i agree that bastila is a snoot at first, but she gets over it later. i mean, when i saw bastila at first i was like, "well, *someones* full of themselves"
but then i grew to like her as revan talked with her more.
and it adds a more emotional feel when you're forced to face your lover in combat.
definately! it was so sad fighting her! but the worst thing was, in my first playthrough, i had only 3 persuade and couldnt ppersuade her to come back to the light!
another thing is facing her on the rakatan temple: isnt it weird how she says nothing about your relationship if you talk to her after the kiss, and if you dont talk to her, it unlocks the dialogue?
i dont hate the carth romance. its so hilarious!
 Endorenna
09-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Urgh. Carth is wierd. He has waaaaay too much hate and anger and lust for vengeance to be all that Light Side, IMO.
When I'm a male Revan, It's so much fun to antagonize Bastilla! :lol: Too bad I can't get the dad-blasted kiss when I do...
 Corinthian
10-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Simply being angry doesn't make you Dark-Sided. Carth keeps his rage pretty well controlled.
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
10-01-2008, 12:30 AM
i dont think carth is too angry...
hes obviously like that because of saul and losing his wife (morgana, i hear her name is- ?)
hes just gone a bit loopy and it takes revan to straighten him out.
 Endorenna
10-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Okay, okay, so I'm biased against Carth... :lol:
 Bastila Sham
10-01-2008, 6:02 AM
Bastila romance. It's fun breaking in the ice queen. More carnal and befitting the DS.
 TheExile
10-01-2008, 8:41 AM
I always enjoy in pointing to Bastila how much she "admires" Revan... lol...
 TKA-001
10-01-2008, 9:31 AM
Revan/Bastila, either gender. I don't know why people consider Female Revan/Carth to be within the realm of possibility, considering his ridiculous personality defects.
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-01-2008, 3:37 PM
Revan and Bastila. I can't imagine playing the game without this love quest taking place. The sequel pretty much confirms its canonicity as well.
 HIGH ON PIE 14
10-01-2008, 9:19 PM
Okay, okay, so I'm biased against Carth... :lol:

As many of us are. As previously stated, facing your lover in combat is just so much more dramatic. Bastila's annoyance was done in a way that you could plausibly conclude that she actually enjoyed Revan's hitting on her. Even if you don't agree, Bastila and MRevan are just much more compatable.

Carth spends the whole game telling you how does not trust anybody than all of a sudden he is proclaiming love for fem Revan on the Unknown world. :confused: Just makes no sense.

Juhani...not that much too it. She is just an affectionate kitty with a big temper. I like her, but seems like more of a friend for Revan rather than a lover.

~HOP
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
10-02-2008, 1:46 AM
Carth spends the whole game telling you how does not trust anybody than all of a sudden he is proclaiming love for fem Revan on the Unknown world. :confused: Just makes no sense.
maybe he was just saying that while he was changing inside. then he's just so happy that revan didnt turn that he doesnt care how weird he would look since he was all about distrust before and just says it.

Juhani...not that much too it. She is just an affectionate kitty with a big temper. I like her, but seems like more of a friend for Revan rather than a lover.

same opinion here :D
 mattig89ch
10-02-2008, 10:45 AM
I've never gotten juhani to fall in love with me. Ah well...i'll just have to keep trying.
 Feagildin
10-03-2008, 5:44 PM
LS Male Revan Bastila is the only way to go for this one. I personally think the whole celibacy thing is retarded anyway, so my LS Revan always goes for her. DS I think would ignore her in favor of focusing on sheer mastery of DS power.:lightning
 Chevron 7 locke
10-07-2008, 8:34 PM
Revan X bastila. i love that couple/romance.
 Drunkside
10-08-2008, 8:52 AM
Revan x Bastila.... Shes so adorable:p LoL i have my thing for slutty princesses, dont know why but i do:¬:
 Arбtoeldar
10-08-2008, 1:36 PM
The Female Revan & Carth romance. While it isn't very deep. It is better then the high school romance for Bastila.
 Darth Kalverys
10-08-2008, 5:08 PM
Male Revan and Bastila of course... I always play as a male Revan, and so I don't have much of a choice anyway, but I'd still pick that power coupling compared to the other insignificants.
 mstr kenobi
10-08-2008, 5:10 PM
male revan - bastila here,simply because bastila is so much fun to piss off,and you get to fight her wich adds depth.

a lot a people say it's childsh,but,i can help it but be childsh around the girl i love,ain't nothing wrong with that!

plus,i can't stomach having carth(or atton) hitting on me
 Giant Graffiti
10-08-2008, 8:16 PM
Male Revan and Glitch or Hacked Juhani. :xp:
 mattig89ch
10-09-2008, 8:22 AM
Seriously, where's the mod to allow juhani to fall in love with you?
 Giant Graffiti
10-09-2008, 9:20 AM
 knight 12167
10-15-2008, 5:33 PM
I prefer Carth as it is more interesting and Bastlla is a whiner.Plus when u kiss with Carth Mission is really funny
 SW01
10-15-2008, 5:50 PM
Male Revan and Bastila. I always play DS (except for the obligatory canon playthrough!:D), and I just find the Bastila storyline much more apt for that path.
 Sidias.R
10-15-2008, 7:51 PM
Male Revan and Bastila 'ere as well. Playing as light side most of the times. I dislike it when Bastila mocks about the 'blabla dark side is bad' crap.
 Da_Man_2423
10-15-2008, 8:20 PM
Male Revan and Bastila.
 Burnseyy
10-16-2008, 4:14 PM
I'd say male Revan & Bastila.

Yes, I'm aware that that's not the female romance. >_> but it was the best one in K1.
 Revan 411
10-16-2008, 6:39 PM
What is the majority's favorite romance?

Bastila and Revan. Just like everyone has said.
 Allronix
11-23-2008, 4:14 AM
A fan artist nicknamed Eji came out with a wonderful MP3 called "The Courtship of Revan," layering Carth dialogue over the bittersweet Anakin/Padme theme from ATOC. When I can't play a full game, I'll play that, because...wow, Sbarge earned his paycheck.

As I've posted here many times, I play LSF Revan almost exclusively, and the Carth romance is one of the factors in the decision. There's no Force Bond amping up what may or may not be there. He only finds out the Big Secret minutes before Revan does. They start out together, just two ordinary people who get to know one another first as people, and things progress through the whole game.

His is an arc that mirrors that of your character. He starts out as a good man with mountains of distrust and a shield of rage. It was no mistake on Bioware's part to make him and the innocent teenager the highest LS members in your party. Do a good dead and he remarks that it's good to see that the "good guys" can still act the part. Saul gave him a painful lesson that the universe and those around him were not to be trusted (and, if retcon's your friend, Zayne probably disabused Carth of any notions that the Jedi were paragons of virtue as well). If your Revan arcs light, then he is gently coaxed out of his shell, as he keeps encouraging her. If she arcs dark, he doesn't lecture so much as say "this isn't what you want. I've seen this, I know how it'll warp you." His last conversation before the ultimate choice is a stammering attempt to try and offer himself as a reason to do the right thing. Go LS, you redeem yourself and validate his arc. Go DS, and it damns you both. One of the first mods released was the "opera" ending where he goes in and makes one last plea. He knows he doesn't stand a snowball's chance on Mustafar, but he will try with everything he has.

"I love you. I love you now...even...even after all you done. I love you like I haven't loved anyone or anything since my wife died...You may not care about me. You may not care about anything anymore, but I still believe there's a part of you I can reach, a part that believes in love, and hope, and mercy..."

That's another thing - with Bastila, I was never sure if she was falling for M!Revan, or his power. I wasn't sure if she was truly in love with him, or suffering under a dire need to cut loose, his bad boy charm, a Force Bond, and being away from her "chaperones" at the Enclave. Carth? Never had to wonder. He's a man who has enough life experience to know the differences in love, lust, and infatuation. He's been married, and while it had some rough points, he managed to stay married. As any widow/er can attest, being able to fall in love again after losing the person you thought you'd grow old with is no small thing.

And the end of the LS arc? Well, we had to wait for CJT102 to give us a kiss in that scene, but the public declaration beats a clandestine fumble in the back room in my book.
 Rev7
11-23-2008, 4:47 AM
Male Revan - Bastila

Have you seen the tags? "Smooch" :lol:
 thundrfang1
11-23-2008, 6:45 AM
I say Female Revan+Carth because bastilla says a lot of wierd things when your in a romance together. then again it is the only male choice which is canonical so i guess either one works.
 Chevron 7 locke
11-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Female Revan/Juhani is good too. I rather like the way Revan helps her with her anger issues
 TKA-001
11-23-2008, 1:57 PM
That's gross.
 Allronix
11-23-2008, 4:04 PM
What's "gross" about it? Juhani may not be a conventional beauty, or into men, but she is a fine character.
 TKA-001
11-23-2008, 4:29 PM
she is a fine character.
That concept is primarily what I was referring to.
 Chevron 7 locke
11-23-2008, 5:27 PM
And why is that particuler romance gross? if i may inquire?
 TKA-001
11-23-2008, 6:03 PM
I already said why.
 Chevron 7 locke
11-23-2008, 9:08 PM
Don't you think it's beautiful the way Revan helps her through her rage issues and they eventually fall in love?
 Rev7
11-23-2008, 9:15 PM
Don't you think it's beautiful the way Revan helps her through her rage issues and they eventually fall in love?
Appearently not. ;)

Yeah, I don't like Carth that much either. :|
 TKA-001
11-23-2008, 9:20 PM
The "help her through her rage issues" part is fine by me (Revan does it with practically everyone in the party), but nothing else referenced in your sentence.
 Arбtoeldar
11-23-2008, 9:49 PM
A fan artist nicknamed Eji came out with a wonderful MP3 called "The Courtship of Revan," layering Carth dialogue over the bittersweet Anakin/Padme theme from ATOC. When I can't play a full game, I'll play that, because...wow, Sbarge earned his paycheck.

As I've posted here many times, I play LSF Revan almost exclusively, and the Carth romance is one of the factors in the decision. There's no Force Bond amping up what may or may not be there. He only finds out the Big Secret minutes before Revan does. They start out together, just two ordinary people who get to know one another first as people, and things progress through the whole game.

His is an arc that mirrors that of your character. He starts out as a good man with mountains of distrust and a shield of rage. It was no mistake on Bioware's part to make him and the innocent teenager the highest LS members in your party. Do a good dead and he remarks that it's good to see that the "good guys" can still act the part. Saul gave him a painful lesson that the universe and those around him were not to be trusted (and, if retcon's your friend, Zayne probably disabused Carth of any notions that the Jedi were paragons of virtue as well). If your Revan arcs light, then he is gently coaxed out of his shell, as he keeps encouraging her. If she arcs dark, he doesn't lecture so much as say "this isn't what you want. I've seen this, I know how it'll warp you." His last conversation before the ultimate choice is a stammering attempt to try and offer himself as a reason to do the right thing. Go LS, you redeem yourself and validate his arc. Go DS, and it damns you both. One of the first mods released was the "opera" ending where he goes in and makes one last plea. He knows he doesn't stand a snowball's chance on Mustafar, but he will try with everything he has.

"I love you. I love you now...even...even after all you done. I love you like I haven't loved anyone or anything since my wife died...You may not care about me. You may not care about anything anymore, but I still believe there's a part of you I can reach, a part that believes in love, and hope, and mercy..."

That's another thing - with Bastila, I was never sure if she was falling for M!Revan, or his power. I wasn't sure if she was truly in love with him, or suffering under a dire need to cut loose, his bad boy charm, a Force Bond, and being away from her "chaperones" at the Enclave. Carth? Never had to wonder. He's a man who has enough life experience to know the differences in love, lust, and infatuation. He's been married, and while it had some rough points, he managed to stay married. As any widow/er can attest, being able to fall in love again after losing the person you thought you'd grow old with is no small thing.

And the end of the LS arc? Well, we had to wait for CJT102 to give us a kiss in that scene, but the public declaration beats a clandestine fumble in the back room in my book.

You said it better then I did. :o
 Chevron 7 locke
11-23-2008, 11:50 PM
By what i said, i mean that Juhani falls in love and then Revan can choose to return the feeling
 mattig89ch
11-24-2008, 9:35 AM
Is that how it happens? I've installed the Juhani Romance mod, and I've been trying to figure out how to get Juhani to fall in love with me.
 sera1111
01-02-2009, 9:34 PM
Revan/Carth. I like their dynamic though I would have liked the option of a Canderous/Fem!Revan possibility.
 Fredi
01-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I like the Male Revan/ Juhani romance. Hey! it's cool having something special with a person of another race. lol
 Lord of Destruction
02-16-2009, 6:34 AM
i have to agree with guys Revan and Bastila, but what was strange is got a lot of MRevan x Juhini romanaces
 Admiral_Thrawn
02-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Female Revan x Carth. The very first conversation you have he starts flirting with you. Then you get the chance to have him call you gorgeous whilst you call him . . . . something to with bantha stuff . . . 8-)

Plus the playthrough of it is just great . . . provided you have the right mods. The Bastila one is faaaaar to dramatic.

Bastila: Drk s!d3 ez b@d! --5 Minutes later
Bastila: Join the dark side Revan!
Revan: Buuuut hurneeeey, I wunted to beh good guy ekay?
Bastila: Kk -Becomes a Jedi again-
Revan: Gimmeh quick snog b4 i go fight baldie-locks
Bastila: Errrmkay
-smuuch then run off-

Yeh, best romance story of the century.
 Allronix
02-20-2009, 4:57 AM
Heh. I think the term is "ignorant bantha" or "Gammorean pig-man." I rather do appreciate that Carth can take a joke.

And which mods are you referring to, Admiral? The "opera" ending mod?
 Admiral_Thrawn
02-20-2009, 6:33 AM
My plans have been discovered :scare5:

Quickly, into the escape pods! :toilet1:
Page: 1 of 1