Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Pazaak cards help

Page: 1 of 1
 Istorian
09-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, I want to know what determines whether the card you'll play in a pazaak game is +3, +6, - 1, flip card or anything else...I checked the .2da files, the .uti's but I can't find it...the .uti's of the cards all look the same...Any help is appreciated! Thanks!:D

|I|
 TheExile
09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Random?
 Istorian
09-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Well, not the green cards..these are random, yes...but there must be something that tells the game that the .uti file with, let's say, A tag and B resref will add 2 if played...The way the game understands that for the real plus, minus and special cards, is what I'm looking for...

|I|
 TheExile
10-01-2008, 2:56 AM
It could still be random, you know :P

Erm... And I think you're in the "unknown world" of kotor modding with this one :lol:
 Istorian
10-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Well, every passing second I'm more and more conveinced that this is hard-coded into the game...:(

|I|
 Fair Strides 2
03-03-2012, 3:39 AM
Have you thought about checking the script attached to the .uti's?
 darth-ackbar
03-03-2012, 4:57 AM
Im fairly sure it's all done in a script, that doesn't mean it's definately hard coded though.
 Fair Strides 2
03-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Im fairly sure it's all done in a script, that doesn't mean it's definately hard coded though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a script. All it would have to do is have a check to see which model/texture is used or what number is on the card, then have a check to look up the current player's score, and then add/subtract/modify that score.
 Istorian
03-04-2012, 8:04 PM
Well, there are no script attached to a .uti file. However, I checked some scripts, and the pazaakdecks.2da file and the more I loko at it, the more I am convinced pazaak is hardcoded. You can change the basic startup of the opponent's deck through pazaakdecks.2da, but I believe you cannot create new cards (e.g. +10), or modify existing ones.
Page: 1 of 1