Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This needs DLC

Page: 1 of 1
 oliath
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Its only a week and a bit in since the game was released and i am already growing bored of it.

It was great fun to play, and i have been through a second time with more powers, but can already feel myself tiring of it.

This is a game that DESPERATELY needs some DLC added and it needs it soon.

New missions and better ranking, more combos to unlock etc would be a great addition.

What do you rekon the chances are of additional content?
I get the feeling that it was released to make a quick buck and nothing more will be added.
 csneo23
09-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I completely agree, I also think that there won't be much DLC, given I've seen so many games do this and always promise things that they never give. Lucasarts is a master of this art of "not doing what they say they will do."
 NMcC
09-29-2008, 12:54 PM
I desperately would like some kind of survival arena mode.
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-29-2008, 2:48 PM
I think you people hyped it up too much in your heads and expected too much if you say you're bored with it. I love it, though I do think it's ridiculous how much extra content the last-gen versions got. I plan one buying one of them eventually as well, if said content does not become available for download on XBox 360.
 GeneralPloKoon
09-29-2008, 5:03 PM
ANYTHING would be nice.
 LordOfTheFish
09-29-2008, 6:16 PM
To quote PloKoon, yes ANYTHING would be nice.

Yet, the chances are slim to none...
 Rabish Bini
09-29-2008, 10:45 PM
ANYTHING would be nice.
Fine, enjoy a couple of trailers and making of videos
 Lantzen
09-30-2008, 8:16 AM
 LordOfTheFish
09-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Wow, that was quick...
 GeneralPloKoon
09-30-2008, 4:54 PM
And Blackman said it's entirely possible that the internal development team working on this new DLC will continue to work on new episodes, that The Force Unleashed could essentially become a delivery system for episodic content.

I like the sound of that!
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-30-2008, 4:59 PM
Ha! I was right all along! And you heard the prediction made by me here first, folks. ;)

I hope the design it so that it can not only be played as a separate campaign, but also fits into the main story between the original levels, at the same point it sits in the PS2 version.

Now I don't have to buy the PS2 version! :D I will, however, have to buy an XBox 360 wireless router, though. I've never done the XBox Live thing before.
 TriggerGod
09-30-2008, 5:15 PM
BAWWW!
No Wii DLC :(
But, we already got what the 360/PS3 people are gonna get, and MOAR. We got to fight Desolous, Phobos, and your dad, because he didn't die on Kashyykk.
Anyways, someone on TG forums told us of this, and, someone pointed out that the person in the first screenshot looked like a DS Luke. I agree with him.
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-30-2008, 5:27 PM
Has it been said that Desolous and Phobos will not appear in the 360/PS3 Temple mission, though?
 TriggerGod
09-30-2008, 6:04 PM
Has it been said that Desolous and Phobos will not appear in the 360/PS3 Temple mission, though?

Not sure. All it says is one Jedi Temple mission, and it involves fighting your dad.
I was just explaining that we got more in the Temple then you guys on the 360/PS3 will be getting.
 Darth Eclipse
09-30-2008, 7:26 PM
AWSOME!!! I will SO buy any new levels or skins or anything that Lucasarts makes for The Force Unleashed. I just won't buy gamerpics and themes and such. I was beginning to think that they were not going to make any DLC. I really hope they make pvp battles! :)
 LordOfTheFish
09-30-2008, 8:35 PM
Blarg...

Having a Wii definitely has it's downside...
 GeneralPloKoon
09-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Ha! I was right all along! And you heard the prediction made by me here first, folks. ;)

I hope the design it so that it can not only be played as a separate campaign, but also fits into the main story between the original levels, at the same point it sits in the PS2 version.

Now I don't have to buy the PS2 version! :D I will, however, have to buy an XBox 360 wireless router, though. I've never done the XBox Live thing before.
Remember Silver is free and you can just buy the DLC and be gone!
 Rabish Bini
09-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Yay, now if only other game developers could follow suit...
 Qwerty Uiop
10-01-2008, 12:24 AM
Hopefully 360 and PS3 users at least get the characters for free, since we didn't get multiplayer or the 5 extra levels.
 Rabish Bini
10-01-2008, 4:18 AM
Hopefully 360 and PS3 users at least get the characters for free, since we didn't get multiplayer or the 5 extra levels.
I highly doubt that, the point of companies is $$$, and making them free would ruin the point.
 Lantzen
10-01-2008, 5:19 AM
Think what they talking about at that article is it's a big DLC. Not two seperate for the map and the skins , in that case they just very very creedy
 TSi21
10-01-2008, 5:07 PM
Wow, that was quick...

Yeah, I'm guessing someone just forgot to put the extra content on the disc. Either that or LA just wants all of our money and will charge high prices for DLC. I've always wanted to pay $100 for a complete game...
 oliath
10-01-2008, 5:54 PM
Yay good news!

Although i get a horrible feeling they are breaking the character skins and the new map into two seperate downloadables.... which means they will charge for both :confused:

I don't mind paying a bit for a new level or two so long as its not too small, but paying for character skins is a joke seeing as they probably won't add extra gameplay elements.
 SW01
10-01-2008, 7:51 PM
The whole concept seems a scam to me. I've already paid Ј40 for the game - I don't really see why I should pay any more. Especially not for a few skins and one, possibly only partial, level - which is apparently shorter then Raxus but longer than Bespin.

So...about an hour more gameplay? And I wonder how much we'll be charged for the pleasure? I see now why it wasn't released on PC (free mods), and why PS3/360 users didn't get the full thing (LA wants yet more money).

I'm not impressed.
 Prime
10-02-2008, 1:00 PM
This all sounds great until LA decides they don't want to do it. :)
 LordOfTheFish
10-02-2008, 1:02 PM
Wow, I luckily, I have the bonus content already in my copy.

Advise: Don't get it, waste of time...
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-02-2008, 1:27 PM
Yeah, I'm guessing someone just forgot to put the extra content on the disc.

"Forgot"? They want your money, and I really don't think the Jedi Temple is worth that (new skins? C'mon...).
 Zerimar Nyliram
10-02-2008, 2:57 PM
Wow, I luckily, I have the bonus content already in my copy.

Advise: Don't get it, waste of time...

As Vader would say, "How is that possible?"
 SW01
10-02-2008, 4:29 PM
It might make a difference to me if they were talking about dozens of new skins from across the saga, AND two or three new levels at least, but as it is it just doesn't appeal to me.

We already saw Marek come into contact with his past, and his father, in the hut on Kashyyk. Apart from some interest in how it is realised, I don't see any real attraction for the Temple level.
 Darth Eclipse
10-02-2008, 6:37 PM
I DO think that it's crazy that they will charge for another level and few skins. They should do it for free because it's a short game and they SHOULD care about their customers.
 GeneralPloKoon
10-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Its LA, their "cusotmers" want BF3 and JK3, and where is that, I doubt they will be free, if they are, i'll give LA 100% trust.
 Rabish Bini
10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Its LA, their "cusotmers" want BF3 and JK3, and where is that, I doubt they will be free, if they are, i'll give LA 100% trust.
No they don't, they want a "KotOR III", 'cos we all know the KotOR series kicks every other SW games asses
Page: 1 of 1