Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XBox 360 replay questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-27-2008, 9:42 PM
I own the XBox 360 version of The Force Unleashed, and I just completed the game on the dark side. (I normally go light the first time around when playing these sorts of Star Wars games, but I've already read the novel and comic so I know how that ends. I wanted to see the alternate ending first.) Now, I was under the impression that I would simply be able to replay the Death Star mission in order to see the light side ending, but I noticed that when I open the "load game" menu, my save file is set to the TIE Fighter hanger. Does this mean I'll have to play the entire game over again from the second level?

Also:

1. If I load that TIE Fighter mission, will all of my Force powers, combos and Force talents from my previous game carry over? Will the holocrons I've collected carry over? Will my lightsaber crystals?

2. If I must start the game over again, is there any way I can start with the Vader Kashyyyk mission instead of starting with the second mission, other than selecting a new game?

3. If I must select a new game rather than that TIE Fighter hanger save that was created upon completing my previous game, will my Force powers, combos and talents carry over, or will I need to rebuild them from scratch? (Or use cheat codes?) Will all of the costumes I've unlocked from my previous game be available, as well as the databank entries, holocrons, lightsaber crystals and everything else?

4. I've heard the cheat codes can kind of mess your game up, such and disabling saving; and that wearing some costumes will prevent certain cinematics from playing. Is this true?

In summary, it seems that the entire problem stems from my new save starting with the TIE Fighter hanger. I'd rather play the entire game over again, starting with the first level; or just play the last level over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 Shem
09-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Everything carries over (you get to keep all the stuff you collected) and you can choose to play the Death Star mission again in your menu once you load your game.

Keep in mind that everything did miss will carry over and you will have a chance to get them again. Now you're going to be really powerful starting the game over again if you want to. :D Now if you want, you can choose to do the light side ending whether you choose to start from the beginning or just select the Death Star mission.
 Ratmjedi
09-28-2008, 8:08 PM
The only thing I can say that Shem missed is that if you decide to start a new save file that all of your progress from the original game file will not transfer over to the one.

You can reply the same game file that you beat the game on to get any missing holocrons that you missed on your first play through and you'll still have whatever you've already collected and what upgrades you have purchased.

If your going for the holocron collecter achievement beware though because if you go to you mission objectives and see that it's not registering holocrons or force points and it says default txt then you wont be able to get it.

I had to collect them all over when I did the game on the Sith Master setting and the only way i prevented that glitch from happening was to not edit any of my costumes or lightsaber crystals. I just played through with the same lightsaber and costume that was selected for the level.

The only way to replay the Kashyyyk level is to start a new save file, it can't be selected from the mission select screen.

:lsduel: :duel:
 GeneralPloKoon
09-28-2008, 8:48 PM
No worries simply pick the Death Star!
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-28-2008, 9:45 PM
Nah, I decided I'd rather play the entire game again with all of my ubber Force powers. :lightning

The only way to replay the Kashyyyk level is to start a new save file, it can't be selected from the mission select screen.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did. I played the prologue on a new save file and then switched over to my other file starting with the TIE Fighter construction facility.
 Shem
09-28-2008, 10:12 PM
The only thing I can say that Shem missed is that if you decide to start a new save file that all of your progress from the original game file will not transfer over to the one.Yes, I did forget to mention that part.

If your going for the holocron collecter achievement beware though because if you go to you mission objectives and see that it's not registering holocrons or force points and it says default txt then you wont be able to get it.

I had to collect them all over when I did the game on the Sith Master setting and the only way i prevented that glitch from happening was to not edit any of my costumes or lightsaber crystals. I just played through with the same lightsaber and costume that was selected for the level.Actually my problem was I maxed out my character's stats. I did it on Imperial Felucia. When I started Imperial Raxus Prime, I got that message. I later replayed the game without having my character fully maxed on stats and it didn't have a problem - even when I replayed levels to get a little stronger and changed outfits a lot and even switch my saber crystals around at times to meet my needs.
 Hawwi Joshe
09-29-2008, 6:53 AM
I was wondering, I want to play the prologue level and I realize that I have to start a new game (which is absolutely ridiculous I think), so my question is how do I start a new game WITHOUT over writing my current game? I don't want to take a chance on losing my original game file and the way the game is setup regarding new saves is a bit confusing to me.
 Shem
09-29-2008, 7:26 AM
I was wondering, I want to play the prologue level and I realize that I have to start a new game (which is absolutely ridiculous I think), so my question is how do I start a new game WITHOUT over writing my current game? I don't want to take a chance on losing my original game file and the way the game is setup regarding new saves is a bit confusing to me.That's easy. When starting a new game, it asks for which save slot you want to use. You have eight to work with.
 adamqd
09-29-2008, 8:58 AM
I did it Lightside first by accident, I cant bring myself to play through again, 0 replay value for me :(, I got all compressed or unstable crystals too, which are basically crap looking un-star wars blades lol, not impressed. It's funny all the way up to release I was like " Game good (If C/N canon), Story Bad!" but my thought after playing are (Apart from the certain fight scene blasphemy's) Story Great, Game... Meh
 NcNikke
09-29-2008, 9:33 AM
I did it Lightside first by accident, I cant bring myself to play through again, 0 replay value for me :(, I got all compressed or unstable crystals too, which are basically crap looking un-star wars blades lol, not impressed. It's funny all the way up to release I was like " Game good (If C/N canon), Story Bad!" but my thought after playing are (Apart from the certain fight scene blasphemy's) Story Great, Game... Meh

But you bought it and that means Georce Lucas has won. :sithm:
 Hawwi Joshe
09-29-2008, 9:44 AM
That's easy. When starting a new game, it asks for which save slot you want to use. You have eight to work with.

Yeah I figured it out right after I posted the question :lol:... Anyway, the main reason I was a bit skeptical was because of all the bugs people have been discussing and I did NOT want to lose anything I had gained with my first play through.
 adamqd
09-29-2008, 10:39 AM
But you bought it and that means Georce Lucas has won. :sithm:

George Lucas has already won, He's the man, Forever, End. It's Haden Blackman who's spent x= Years making an extravagant arcade game, all that's good about TFU is lost to the fact that you have 0 replay value + 0 Immersion, It's like a 6 hr film, you dont get into it like the other great SW games (IMO)
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-29-2008, 2:40 PM
I was wondering, I want to play the prologue level and I realize that I have to start a new game (which is absolutely ridiculous I think), so my question is how do I start a new game WITHOUT over writing my current game? I don't want to take a chance on losing my original game file and the way the game is setup regarding new saves is a bit confusing to me.

See my post, right above yours. ;)
Page: 1 of 1