Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

simply not fair

Page: 1 of 1
 vvvMUSEvvv
09-25-2008, 9:21 PM
i just thought it was a joke that people who have a Wii, PS2 and even a DS get soo many more costumes than people with a 360/PS3.

People who have the game on Ps3/360 would presumably appreciate being able to play as Maul or Admiral Ackbar more than say someone with a DS.

I will be pissed off if they give the costumes later on marketplace, because thats just cheeky, seeing as how you pay much more for the better console.

Does anyone know of any more codes coming?

Just got 1000/1000 for this game, don't know whether that's impressive or not.
 Jeff
09-25-2008, 9:38 PM
I think the reason they put more perks (the costumes, duel mode, extra levels) in the Wii and other versions is because of the better graphics and physics systems in the 360 and PS3 versions. This way it evens out the value of each of the systems. Not saying I agree, but that is how it is.
 LordOfTheFish
09-25-2008, 9:43 PM
Hmm, could be.

Or perhaps it was a make up for the late announcement of the Wii version.
 nmycon
09-25-2008, 9:48 PM
lmao! "cheeky?" i think u mean "chinsy" or "cheap" cheeky is someone who talks back...

also, someone with a DS would appreciate playing as Darth Maul as well as a PS3 owner! who are you to say they wouldn't, keep ur mouth shut *yoink*
 SW01
09-25-2008, 9:55 PM
If that is their reasoning, then it is an utter nonsense.

The new consoles, surely, are the biggest cash-cows at the moment. Yet, LA insists on giving us half of the game. Stick with the old system or a handheld, and get the full whack! RIDICULOUS!

I was charged £40 for the game on PS3. Amazon's prices for the others are between £10 and £15 less, and yet they have more content. That makes perfect sense...

What do we get? Better graphics? If they weren't up to scratch it wouldn't be worth the release. We get to play a couple of stages that are cutscenes on the others? Whoop.

The older consoles get the story, alternate hilts, multiplayer duels, masses of character unlock codes for the main story (not to mention god mode), historical campaigns, other levels, and we get the story and better graphics. Thanks...

So, LA is not only trying to alienate PC users, they are trying to irritate those with the most expensive consoles?

Great plan...
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-26-2008, 12:59 AM
I own and have been playing the 360 version, which will be my "primary" version. I plan on purchasing the PS2 version later on, once it drops in price, in order to experience all of the extra features.
 Zack Fair
09-26-2008, 5:32 AM
There aren't "extra features" on the PS2 version. The Wii, PSP, and DS versions have the Extra Features. :P
 adamqd
09-26-2008, 6:23 AM
keep ur mouth shut

maybe you should lurk a bit more and witness the etiquette expected here ;)

topic: I understand why they did it, but I dont agree, I paid a lot more money for my 360, the game quality for folks who didn't fork out said cash isn't my concern. and now I have a game with replay value= 0
 Jae Onasi
09-26-2008, 9:36 AM
We bought a Wii version of the game, and while it may have more features, it also came with a higher price tag. I thought the duel mode looked fun enough that it was worth the extra cost for the Wii version. I'm so going to whup my kids' butts on that. :D
 PoiuyWired
09-26-2008, 7:52 PM
Well, the Wii/PSP/Old-Relic(not calling PS2 netxgen EVER, over my dead body) have more stuff cause the graphics and physics engine is way weaker. The maps are also dumb down and way different, lacking many of the fun and cool stuff you can do. Also, you are still bound by loads and loads of invisible walls on the simplist of places, which makes holocron hunting much more annoying.

Also, 360 and the blue-ray player got the full version of the story. The story is changed in the low-end version possably due to the engine problem, like the 3 temple visits and the lack of a few sub-bosses.

Plus, you don't get to dress like assassain's creed...
 LordOfTheFish
09-26-2008, 8:40 PM
The duel mode is decently fun, Darth Maul is boss!

Do correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't the bonus levels the two video clip levels?
 SW01
09-26-2008, 9:17 PM
If you mean Empirical (the science ship after killing Shaak Ti on Felucia) and bringing down the Star Destroyer on Imperial Raxus Prime, or fighting your way through the Death Star (not sure if this is in the non-next-gen versions or not) then yes. :)
 LordOfTheFish
09-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Thanks.

Are players able to fight Darth Vader, and Darth Sidious in the 360/PS3 versions of TFU?
 Hawwi Joshe
09-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Thanks.

Are players able to fight Darth Vader, and Darth Sidious in the 360/PS3 versions of TFU?

Of course :D
 GeneralPloKoon
09-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes you fight them only in single player Fish. But its not fair, a good graphics, but short game, I have 1000/1000 also, and no other modes to play. I want to DUEL and kick the crap outta my friends.
 Prime
09-29-2008, 9:03 AM
I think the reason they put more perks (the costumes, duel mode, extra levels) in the Wii and other versions is because of the better graphics and physics systems in the 360 and PS3 versions. This way it evens out the value of each of the systems. Not saying I agree, but that is how it is.I think it just meant that it evened out everyone being pissed off. :)
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-29-2008, 3:44 PM
I've got the 360 version and I adore it. I plan to get the PS2 version at some point as well for the additional content, but I'm not looking forward to the graphics. They look horrific.

The 360 version is pretty. :)
 LordOfTheFish
09-29-2008, 7:20 PM
Originally Posted by Zerimar Nyliram
They look horrific.

You would be right.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-29-2008, 8:42 PM
I concur.

Content isn't worth the advanced graphics unless, of course, you have beaten and played the 360 version and want the new content no matter what.

I haven't yet played the 360 version, so I'm missing out on a lot of different stuff.. Including the Shien form. PS2= no backhand/black saber/jedi adventure robes/star destryer/empirical.
 Juno Eclipse
10-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Coolest thing about the Wii version is the ability to still use choke in the campaign after becoming Starkiller. Its not just a power special to Vader!
 SW01
10-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Coolest thing about the Wii version is the ability to still use choke in the campaign after becoming Starkiller. Its not just a power special to Vader!

:swear:

There's another thing the last-gens and the Wii got - extra powers!

What did we do to you LA? How did we displease you so? *cries*:(
 Da_Man_2423
10-22-2008, 4:02 PM
What did we do to you LA? How did we displease you so? *cries*:(

Not enough of you liked the KotOR MMO idea, so this is payback.
 SW01
10-22-2008, 5:01 PM
Not enough of you liked the KotOR MMO idea, so this is payback.

:rofl:

Maybe...

I take it all back! Long live the MMO! Now can we have more content for TFU?:xp:
 GwannaSauna
10-23-2008, 1:07 AM
The 360/PS3 versions make up for all that. Especially since we have more crystals and costumes (well, Galen's costumes at least...).

Plus, we get the JAR (Jedi Adventure Robe) and black crystal (which look awesome when combined).

Hopefully, we'll get that soon... :cries:

Also...

I bought the TFU Picture Pack #2 and I still can't find it in my collection of gamer pictures! :swear:
Page: 1 of 1