Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[KoTOR] Holster Weapons Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 Xiskio
09-24-2008, 8:58 AM
UPDATE

New Version 1.1 released.
New in this Version: If the party gets attacked or any hostile people/creatures are in sight, weapons will be automatically reequipped.
Download from my Homepage (http://clubs.4gamers.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=200&p=374#p374)

INTRODUCTION

Hi all,

a few days ago I started playing KoTOR I again. The first time I set foot at Taris I felt the urge to holster the parties weapons. Especially because it seemed so unnatural in a lot of places where just normal living is going on, running around with weapons drawn. It feels even more out of place if one of your characters is using swords. And beside that, I was told to keep a low profile ;). So the idea for a "Holster Weapons Mod" was born.

Even so I am an experienced NWN2 modder (xUI (http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NWN2UI.Detail&id=29)), I am new to modding KoTOR. However, I am very good at NWN scripting and KoTOR scripting is not that different. I also am good with Photoshop and do have a little experience with 3D modeling.

MOD DESCRIPTION

In the first step I am developing this mod so that it lets you unequip respectively equip the parties weapons by a click on a button, or by activating an item, or by pressing a key. This part is already under development.

The second step is to check if it is possible to extend the mod to make it possible to see the weapons holstered on the character models.
I am currently not sure that this can be achieved, but want to try. For this part I am looking for someone to help with the 3D modeling. So if someone is interested send me a message or post in this thread.

Every help I can get will be highly appreciated.

Have Fun
Xiskio

DEVELOPMENT

The first step is already progressing very good.
However, so far the only way I could figure out to make what I was aiming for, seems to be an Armband attached with a script.

I would have loved to do it by adding a new Button to the UI or by creating a new hotkey where the script is attached to, but I was not able to figure out how that could be done.

Currently I do have an issue with the SetGlobalString function that I want to use to store the weapons TAG's prior to unequipping the weapons. The weapon TAG's are just not saved with the global var. When I try to save a test string like "I was here!" however that works fine.

I already checked that the tags are read correct and they are.
The code I use is as following:

oRightHandWeapon = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, oPartyMember);
SetGlobalString("CarthRHW", GetTag(oRightHandWeapon));

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks
Xiskio
 Istorian
09-24-2008, 9:14 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your mod, I am sure it will be very nice! Now, about your script problem, you have to declare what is the "oRightHandWeapon"...use this one:

void main()
{
object oRightHandWeapon = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, oPartyMember);
}

That should solve your problem!;)

Anyway, welcome again and have a nice modding stay here at Holowan Labs!:D

|I|
 Xiskio
09-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Hello and welcome to the forums! Congratulations on your mod, I am sure it will be very nice! Now, about your script problem, you have to declare what is the "oRightHandWeapon"...use this one:

void main()
{
object oRightHandWeapon = GetItemInSlot(INVENTORY_SLOT_RIGHTWEAPON, oPartyMember);
}

That should solve your problem!;)

Anyway, welcome again and have a nice modding stay here at Holowan Labs!:D

|I|

Hi Istorian,

Thank you for your warm welcome.

The code I posted was just an excerpt. The object was already declared earlier in the code. Sorry that I forgot to mention it.
To be on the safe side, when it comes to the values of the variables I use, I used some debug output to check it and everything is fine, except that the values are not stored in the global var.

May it be that the global string vars just accept strings of a certain maximum length and that the weapon tag strings are too long?
I will test that.
 Darth Payne
09-24-2008, 12:15 PM
Would it be possible to add that if you have unholstered weapons people such as sith troopers or guards become suspicious, or even hostile?
 zbyl2
09-24-2008, 2:18 PM
Did you add your global to globalcat.2da? It can be a problem ;)
 Xiskio
09-25-2008, 5:45 AM
Did you add your global to globalcat.2da? It can be a problem ;)

Yes, I did.

Doing some more tests I think I found the problem. I had too many global string variables, even so it just where 20! It seems that only 3 user defined string variables are supported. Everything above that is just ignored.

However this needs some more investigation before I/you can count on it. For that it would be helpful if I had a savegame from near the end of KoTOR I. It would be great if someone could upload one somewhere (Rapidshare (http://www.rapidshare.com/) for example).

Would it be possible to add that if you have unholstered weapons people such as sith troopers or guards become suspicious, or even hostile?

Good idea! I just don't know if that would be possible, but I will definitely keep it in mind and look into it.

Thanks
Xiskio
 Darth Payne
09-25-2008, 7:00 AM
The hostile thing was done in the Kill Bastila mods, in which if you had Bastila in you party on Taris the sith trooper attacked.

It's what gave me the idea.
 Xiskio
09-25-2008, 1:26 PM
I am proud to announce the first release version of this mod.

This is just the first release of this mod.
Further development is going on.

Holster Party Weapons Mod v1.0
for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I (English language version only)

Description
This mod provides an Armband that when used will unequip the parties weapons on first use and reequip them on the next use.

To get the armband talk to Carth and ask him if he has any items you could use.

Installation
Extract the downloaded file, start the install exe and follow the instructions.
The installer is made with TSLPatcher.

Compatibility
Because the installer is made with TSLPatcher this mod should be compatible with most other mods.
The only exception will be mods that made changes to Carth's dialogues (File: k_hcar_dialog.dlg).

Acknowledgements
LucasForum (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=321) - a great resource of information about modding KoTOR and a bunch of helpfull people.
Stoffe (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149285) - for his TSLPatcher.
Fred Tetra (http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/) - for his very helpful KoTOR-Tool.
And to all the other people I haven't mentioned, that support the KoTOR community with their ideas, experience, or tools.

Thank you!

History
v1.0 – Initial Release

DOWNLOAD
Download from my Homepage (http://clubs.4gamers.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=200&p=374#p374)
 Darth Payne
09-25-2008, 1:59 PM
Wow, i'll certainly take a look at this.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-25-2008, 2:08 PM
I am proud to announce the first release version of this mod.

This is just the first release of this mod.
Further development is going on.
Very nice :D

I know you said it's still in development, however we'd still like to invite you to start a mod release thread in TUCE (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645). Your choice of course.
It's an active sub-forum where all mods in 'released' status can be found (and updated). :)

Also, sorry for being so late but 'Welcome to the Forums!' :waive1:
 Xiskio
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Very nice :D

I know you said it's still in development, however we'd still like to invite you to start a mod release thread in TUCE (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645). Your choice of course.
It's an active sub-forum where all mods in 'released' status can be found (and updated). :)

Also, sorry for being so late but 'Welcome to the Forums!' :waive1:

Hi ChAiNz :waive1:
I am glad that I can take part in this great community.

And good to know, I will create a release thread in the TUCE forum.
 Thankteamgizka
09-26-2008, 5:29 PM
I just had an I idea that was inspired by a post by Darth Payne (If you guys like it I will make a separate thread) Someone should make a conversion of Kotor or TSL to Stealth action you know sneaking around instead of mindless violence and strategically killing only the people that need to be killed, Thoughts?
 Inyri
09-26-2008, 5:30 PM
Couldn't you just turn on stealth mode...?
 Xiskio
09-27-2008, 5:52 AM
I just had an I idea that was inspired by a post by Darth Payne (If you guys like it I will make a separate thread) Someone should make a conversion of Kotor or TSL to Stealth action you know sneaking around instead of mindless violence and strategically killing only the people that need to be killed, Thoughts?

Sorry but I don't see this becoming part of this mod.
So it really might be better to open a new thread for this. ;)

Have Fun
Xiskio
 DarthHK
09-27-2008, 6:13 PM

Trust me man, I think the last thing the world needs is me with my hands on another Metal Gear game. :lol: Which reminds me... should probably get started on those skins I thought about doing...
 Xiskio
09-28-2008, 6:58 AM
Holster Party Weapons Mod v1.1 released

New in this Version
If the party gets attacked or any hostile people/creatures are in sight, weapons will be automatically reequipped.

Have Fun
Xiskio

DOWNLOAD
 Bonedragon Jedi
12-12-2012, 3:56 PM
Holster Party Weapons Mod v1.1 released

New in this Version
If the party gets attacked or any hostile people/creatures are in sight, weapons will be automatically reequipped.

Have Fun
Xiskio

DOWNLOAD

I've downloaded this and done exactly as your guide says to try and "holster" the weapons, but the armband isnt showing up anywhere except in my inventory (where I cant activate it.)
 Dak Drexl
12-16-2012, 1:38 PM
You probably need to equip the armband and then use it in-game.
Page: 1 of 1