Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Factions, Or Whatever You wanna Call Them

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Eclipse
09-24-2008, 8:35 AM
What factions would you like to be in the game? I would like them to have all of the ones they had before, but also have like Mandalorians against Jedi for the Mandalorian War thing. Also, it would be cool if they could have a mode kind of like the hunt mode or whatever it was called except have like two different natives to a certain area fighting. Like the Tuskens raiding a Jawa Sand Skiff thing. Or have the Tuskens raid a poor and weak little village where moisture farmers and such live.

As far as the Hunt mode goes, I think that they should add a LOT more planets that you can do that on. Like the Empire could be attacking the Felucians or something.

Please help expand upon all of my ideas.:stormmask
 GeneralPloKoon
09-24-2008, 8:25 PM
I'd like it for certain planets to have a bonus faction, Police on Coruscant, Smugglers on Tatooine, Trandoshans and Wookies on Kashhyyk. And depending on the kind of faction they would be allied with well....their allies, Rebels and Wookies, Smugglers neutral, Trandos and Empire. CIS and Quarren, Republic and Mon Calarami..just some examples.
 Darth Eclipse
09-24-2008, 8:43 PM
YES!!! That would be awsome! They already did a little bit of that like the Geonosians were with the CIS. It would be cool if they had stuff like that on almost every panet. I also really like the idea of having bonus troops on certain planets, like the Coruscant Gaurds for Empire.
 GeneralPloKoon
09-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Bonus units only on certian planets would be cool too!
 Darth Eclipse
09-25-2008, 7:43 AM
That is what I was saying. I guess it was kinda confusing.
 Nietzsche's God
01-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Whatever the map it may be, there should be neutral factions fighting the two factions that are pitted against each other. Not all map I say, but there should be some in some maps.
 shukkoku
02-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I think in certain maps, you should be able to play as normal battle droids with rifles like in the phantom menace, apposed to super battle droids. Because for some reason it bugged me that there aren't any normal battle droids, just specialized ones running around
 GeneralPloKoon
02-01-2009, 4:36 PM
I think Super Battle Droids should be made stronger and moved to a special class. I hates SBD's as infantry but love normal battle driods!
 shukkoku
02-01-2009, 7:52 PM
yeah, except not like in republic commando, they were probably my least favorite part of the game. killing them takes FOREVER:(
 GeneralPloKoon
02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Now thats too powerful! :p
 Henz
02-03-2009, 5:07 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of new planets with bonus factions that could be lifted from the Clone Wars series. I'd hope they would make the most of their weekly display of new environments.
 shukkoku
02-03-2009, 6:39 PM
hey i haven't thought of that, except for that the series is quite poor, the environments are pretty nice
 Rinku
02-06-2009, 6:27 PM
I would like to see mandalorians....
 shukkoku
02-07-2009, 11:02 PM
wouldn't we all. i think kotOR is the reason that mandoloreans got big, That or the fetts. Isn't there mention of one of jango's family in kotOR?
 Admiral_Thrawn
02-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Cassius Fett I think you mean. Yes, his armor is mentioned.
 joesdomain
03-20-2009, 9:46 PM
I prefer to keep it simple. Empire, Rebels, CIS, and Republic and just add natives to each planet to help or attack from wookiees, geonosians, gungans, kaminoians, ugnaughts, etc. Adding something like Jabbas goons on tattonie from barada, nitko, gran, rodian, trandoshan, etc.
 LordJhredmo
03-21-2009, 7:23 PM
I hope for a new era, some new factions (2 or more, hopefully) and expansion of the old ones.

Not to overdo it, though, but I wouldn't mind that. And hopefully loads more maps and modes.
 darthwarman
03-22-2009, 8:13 PM
i would like to see the sith and the old republic.
*they should add all kotor planets*
bonus factions:
taris lower city gangs
rakatans
mandalorians
star forge droid army
 LordJhredmo
03-22-2009, 10:51 PM
i would like to see the sith and the old republic.
*they should add all kotor planets*
bonus factions:
taris lower city gangs
rakatans
mandalorians
star forge droid army

I think someone's a little obsessed with KotOR...
 GeneralPloKoon
03-22-2009, 11:44 PM
I think someone's a little obsessed with KotOR...
Indeed. I'd love to see tons of EU material in Star Wars, but until the series has fully used it the movies, I don't want new eras just yet.
 Bokken
03-23-2009, 6:49 PM
EU content is great for modding, but leave it out of the official game, please.
 Darth Eclipse
07-31-2009, 10:15 PM
EU content is great for modding, but leave it out of the official game, please.

Why would you want something in a mod but not in a game? It's a lot easier to get if it's already in the game.
 Trench
07-31-2009, 11:05 PM
The Mando'ade,with Manda'yaim as a map for them.
 shukkoku
08-01-2009, 3:29 PM
looks like some one likes rep. commando XD, But I do think that mandalorians should have bigger presence in it. Atleast a faction
 jawathehutt
08-01-2009, 9:08 PM
The problem is, they really only had one heyday that over lets say .1% of potential players would know about. Which is pre-kotor era, which still isnt known all the well since its never been covered directly in a game or movie.
 Trench
08-01-2009, 9:13 PM
The problem is, they really only had one heyday that over lets say .1% of potential players would know about. Which is pre-kotor era, which still isnt known all the well since its never been covered directly in a game or movie.

Say what? Mandalorians are the third most used faction in the Star Wars universe. And they are probably more popular than both the Jedi and the Sith.
There are enough "Fandalorians" who might buy a battlefront with Mandos to make even a LucasArts intern rich.
 jondavis
08-01-2009, 9:16 PM

Do you mean the mandalorians?
If so look out for the second season of The Clone Wars.
They show them at the end of the new trailer.

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/Image/vader-ownage.jpg)
 shukkoku
08-02-2009, 12:05 AM
mandalorians are butchered by the clone wars show. Most of the content now about the mandos have no context. Kotor and the novels are about all they did right. Having them in BF3 would be exceptional.
 jawathehutt
08-02-2009, 12:18 AM
I have yet to watch the show, because I find alcohol to be a much more entertaining and fun way of killing my brain cells off. That and ********ty animated star wars shows have never gotten anyone naked for me. And I'm assuming that the target audience is somewhat higher than the 10 year old audience that the animated show seems to be aimed at, or I wont be buying it. Regardless, as just pointed out, most people who are unable to watch any more of jedi master whine whine whine and his irritating voice and existence than the 3 prequel movies will not know about the "new" mandalorians
 shukkoku
08-02-2009, 1:43 PM
It wouldn't even make sense for them to be in the show, Jnago fett was one of the few remaining mandalorians. Once he died, they all went into hiding to escape the republic
 Darth Eclipse
08-19-2009, 10:40 AM
I HATE The Clone Wars cartoon. Whoever thought of must have been insane.
 Miltiades
08-19-2009, 3:12 PM
Indeed. I'd love to see tons of EU material in Star Wars, but until the series has fully used it the movies, I don't want new eras just yet. The eras of the movies have been overused by now. Not that Battlefront has contributed that much, but the comics, books, TV series have. It's so much Karen Traviss decides to give up on Star Wars because canon is f*cked up. And those eras didn't need much more anyway, the movies were enough, in my opinion.

And they are probably more popular than both the Jedi and the Sith. Jedi: 16.900.000 hits on Google; Sith: 6.720.000 hits on Google; Mandalorian: 195.000 hits on Google.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-21-2009, 11:59 PM
I HATE The Clone Wars cartoon. Whoever thought of must have been insane.
You can blame George Lucas for that! The murderer if Star Wars! The 2003 cartoon was great though.
 Darth Eclipse
10-01-2009, 2:32 PM
You can blame George Lucas for that! The murderer if Star Wars! The 2003 cartoon was great though.

He brought Star Wars into this world...And now he's taking it out.
Page: 1 of 1