Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Galen Marek's Mask

Page: 1 of 1
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-20-2008, 12:27 PM
-snip-
 Darth Payne
09-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow, looks very nice.

Uhh, you do have T7s permition to use his work though, right?
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I gave complete and total credit to him, and I PMed him a number of times. If the site wants to take this down, go for it. I just wanted to release a personal skin that I made. He didn't really state that no one couldn't use it, all I did was edit the .uti file and the .tga files.
 The Betrayer
09-20-2008, 6:50 PM
Don't quote me on this one, but I believe you need his permission.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-20-2008, 7:13 PM
Well, I'm not releasing this stating that it's my creation. If anything, it's all him. If he wants it removed, I will gladly do it. =]

If one of the moderators wants me to remove it, I will completely understand and take it off.

I'm not looking to break the rules, but I sent a PM to him over a week and a half ago and haven't received a reply yet. If he were to read his PM's, there would surely be information he needed and screen shots of it.

I respect T7 for his skill and knowledge and I just wanted to create somewhat of a "homage", if you want to call it that, to his own model; to keep it up to date with one of Lucas Art's most hyped video games on the market.

EDIT:: Modified the original post with the description of the item in game along with modifiers and stats.
 DeadYorick
09-20-2008, 7:45 PM
That is a very nice mask. If only it covered the entire head
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-20-2008, 8:11 PM
Tell me about it. If I knew how to model, or if there were specific tutorials for modeling masks.. I would do it, but meh, I'm too lazy to search the internetz.
 Chevron 7 locke
09-21-2008, 3:17 PM
Wow this looks cool! downloading now!
 voltes5
09-21-2008, 4:44 PM
Umm you sorta have the color off quite a bit
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-21-2008, 5:38 PM
The green? Well, the green needs to be a bit brighter, but the in-game graphics do it justice a little better.

I could make it neon green, but I thought, for a Sith Lord, neon green would be a little too.. "Lightsided".

I'll probably make a 1.2 soon enough, just adding a lighter green color to it.
 voltes5
09-21-2008, 5:48 PM
Here's what it's supposed to look like:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/1894/random001rt7.jpg)

but the mask isnt that yellowish, its more desaturated.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-21-2008, 6:01 PM
Alright, I'll make a v2 with the lighter color and such. Expect it within a day or so.

EDIT:

I edited the original post with an alternate .tga file to save and a screenie.
 voltes5
09-21-2008, 6:37 PM
Is that based of your screen or mine? Cuz if it's off mine thats wayyy off
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-21-2008, 6:49 PM
Well originally I was basing it off of the drawing of his mask.

The ingame TFU model is going to be different because it's taken with a camera at a screen.

I can try, but Kotor models, by default, are pretty dark. It's a little brighter, but it's not perfect.

I can try from scratch to make one similar to yours, it'll take a bit longer though.
 voltes5
09-21-2008, 6:56 PM
thnx this will get me to start playin TSL again lol
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-21-2008, 7:04 PM
Now that you put it that way, I'll get to work on it now. If I can help at least 1 person, my job's done. Haha, expect it within the hour.

Double Post.. Sorry.

I edited it and included a third picture and tga file.
 voltes5
09-22-2008, 7:18 AM
Srry but why is it green?
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-22-2008, 8:13 AM
Because the mask itself is green... In your screenshot, and in my concept art, they're both green. Albeit a different shade. Tell me the color it should be and I'll see what I can do.
 voltes5
09-22-2008, 3:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NnkNt0DJyo)

Clearly not green, if you are using photoshop, take the eyedropper and compy the colour from the pic i gave you and lower the colour bar a bit to more yellow
 T7nowhere
09-22-2008, 7:12 PM
I don't recall giving permission for this. I do recall two PM's in a row a few days ago to which I didn't answer. Yes you did PM me but you never got an answer so the right thing to do would be to have asked again and if you still received no answer then you probably shouldn't have released the mod. I am a little insulted that you didn't have enough respect to wait. I should probably demand that this be removed ASAP.

But you know I'm not going to do that. I was uncertain if I wanted to give permission as I don't like your reskin. I spent two months working on the original. This was my first real model and skin that I made from nothing so it does hold some sentimental value and pride for me.

However I'm in a slightly apathetic mood today so I will let this slip. I would however like you to read the readme from my mod. Modding is about having fun and making the game more enjoyable. I hope that next time when you decide to mod someone elses mod that you actually first gain permission.

Terms of use:

You have the right to use my mod for your own personal use and alter the contents anyway you see fit. HOWEVER if you would like to include any contents of my mod with your own mods you must first request permission from me and when it's given all I desire is credit where its due.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-22-2008, 8:12 PM
If you truly want me to remove it, I will have no problem whatsoever.

I don't want to insult you at all, and I realize I didn't get permission, so I'll go ahead and remove the link.

I respect you enough to, even though you said I could, I'm not going to keep it up due to the fact that it was your first real mod, and I understand that.
 ChAiNz.2da
09-23-2008, 6:34 AM
Closed thread for now since link has been removed.

Xbx_Inthusiast should you get things straightened out and wish this thread to be re-opened, please contact a mod :) - Cz
Page: 1 of 1