Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Purpose of forum:

Page: 1 of 1
 Aristotle
10-11-2001, 10:58 AM
We wanted to add this forum for several reasons. First, the idea of community Senate is a good one and we support it. Second, this will allow the people running for the senate a specific forum to run their campaigns in and eventually partake in their debates, discussions and decisions.

Also, we want to give this senate some real teeth and purpose.. and as such, I believe that once it is formed, we can actually have the Senate have a say in how the site is run and what direction it takes as the site grows... it will have a true say in how things are done on the site... which gives it all the more meaning.

Hope everyone enjoys the new forum. Lets get the campaigns and debates and issues rolling.

Good luck to everyone who jumps in.
 Tie Guy
10-11-2001, 2:38 PM
Thanks Aristotle, It looks and sounds great.
 crazy_dog
10-11-2001, 3:31 PM
Leon will be sooooo happy.
 Gamma732
10-11-2001, 4:18 PM
Wow! Sounds like the Senate will have even more importance then I thought before.
I'll just say what I said before, before everyone starts bombarding the place with 'Campaign' stuff, think if you have the time/desire to take on actual responsibilities. Its not an RPG, its actually going to influence this site/community. Don't run just to be 'cool'. I know I'm getting kind of preachy, but I'd really like to see this work, and its only going to work if everyone involved takes it seriously.
 darthfergie
10-11-2001, 8:38 PM
YEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!!!!

:ewok: :ewok: :ewok: (Ewok Celebration scene) :ewok: :ewok: :ewok:
 Paragon_Leon
10-16-2001, 9:18 AM
yep, i'm happy..
:D :D

over the weekend, you'll find a very comprehensive document in this forum outlining nominations, voting and monitoring of Senators. Next week, all nominations / campaigns and stuff can kick into high gear so we'll have our first official Senate-meeting as early as possible in November.. (before the game comes out)..

greets
 darthfergie
10-16-2001, 6:03 PM
Alright...now I'm just biding my time and suffering through hours of ACT Testing...
Page: 1 of 1