Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wii Version Worth It?

Page: 1 of 1
 Egregk
09-18-2008, 6:22 PM
I have TFU currently on 360 and LOVE it.

A "GameInformer" preview talked about the wii version where they said, "Every nerd at one time or another has picked up the WiiMote, swinging it around, pretending it was a lightsaber."

This being said, since I have already played through the story on the 360 once, is it worth getting the wii version because of the iinteresting controlls and the dueling feature?

Basically my question is about the dueling feature, so for those with the wii version, is the multiplayer(as I assume it is) dueling mode fun enough to buy the game just for that? Or is it crudely made?
 LordOfTheFish
09-18-2008, 7:23 PM
Well, there is already a thread for this, but since it's so old, and bumping is not very liked I'll respond.

Yes, it is worth it. I just finished playing it.
 Egregk
09-18-2008, 7:27 PM
So dueling is good?

From what ive seen in screenshots it looks like the dueling view is from the side? Is this confusing for controlling?
 The Tingler
09-22-2008, 4:36 PM
I was wondering this too. Is it sufficiently different, good, and is the Wiimote lightsabering cool?
 Karl Gone Gin
09-22-2008, 5:39 PM
The Wii lightsabering is a bit hit and miss. You just wave it, left to right, right to left, up and down, + push forward to lunge. No fancy jedi saber twirling unfortunately. Its quite hard to get the waving right to create combos though.
However, using the nunchuck to control the force is excellent. Thrust it forward to do force push. Use one of the buttons to grab, then lift the nunchuck to lift the item higher, then use the joystick to launch it. Force grab someone then twist the nunchuck to choke them. Charge up repulse or maelstrom with the buttons then flick the nuchuck and wii-mote down to unleash it.
It almost feels like doing the force gestures in the films.
And more than compensates for the merely adequete lightsabering.
 Jeff
09-22-2008, 6:38 PM
I agree, the Wii lightsabering was just meh, I probably would have liked the Xbox 360 controls better. But the force powers were pretty cool. I have only played the Xbox demo but I doubt the Wii version is better unless you want it for the duel mode. The graphics are subpar (ps2 quality), and from what I've heard its shorter than the Xbox version. It definitely is short, I finished both endings in 8 hours and had to replay 2 levels due to saving in the middle of a level and quitting.
 Shem
09-22-2008, 6:52 PM
I've beaten the game on both Xbox360 and on the Wii (since I own both consoles). Each gives you a unique experience and I'm glad I played it on both. The Force power control is definitely better on the Wii and very fun, while the dueling is better on the Xbox360.

If you have a chance to play both, I would recommend it. :D
 Karl Gone Gin
09-23-2008, 7:43 AM
I finished both endings in 8 hours and had to replay 2 levels due to saving in the middle of a level and quitting.

You can get both endings on the Wii?
I dont recall being given the chance to choose. I thought it just went straight from the cutscene where Kota is being electrocuted to the fight with Palpatine.
Let me know how to make the choice as i'm playing through for the 2nd time at the moment.
 adamqd
09-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I too have both consoles, I'd recommend playing the wii version first as I played the 360 version first, then the wii version was like playing a NES game lol, cool to use the remote though, I probably wont complete the wii version, just play the 360 again
 Shem
09-23-2008, 3:22 PM
You can get both endings on the Wii?
I dont recall being given the chance to choose. I thought it just went straight from the cutscene where Kota is being electrocuted to the fight with Palpatine.
Let me know how to make the choice as i'm playing through for the 2nd time at the moment.Yeah, you can do both endings. You have Darth Sidious on your left and Darth Vader on your right. Whoever you walk up to is the one you fight and each has their own ending.
 Egregk
09-24-2008, 2:55 PM
Just incase anyone is still wondering, I just bought the wii version and was a bit dissapointed.

The controlls are innovative, but not enough to make buying the game worth it. Id have to say, if anyone is wondering, both have their high points but Its not worth buying both.

Personally I would say buy the next gen version, and just rent the wii version to try it out.
 The Tingler
09-24-2008, 4:02 PM
Can you even rent Wii games? I asked in Blockbuster and they said Nintendo wouldn't let them.
 Egregk
09-24-2008, 4:15 PM
ive rented them before, its been awhile but im almost positive you still can.
 RC-1183
09-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Can you even rent Wii games? I asked in Blockbuster and they said Nintendo wouldn't let them.

yes you can im not sure about blockbuster cuz i live in a small town but i know for sure you can at movie gallery they have tons of wii games there
 knight 12167
09-26-2008, 7:03 AM
This is an off topic question but i was wondering can you activate and deactivate at will or does the lightsaber stay on in the wii version
 Jeff
09-26-2008, 10:11 AM
If you are not in combat you can press A while no running to tun the lightsaber off, but immediately as you enter combat (enemies sighted) he turns it on automatically.
 knight 12167
09-26-2008, 8:02 PM
Thankyou for your help
 Serpentine Cougar
09-28-2008, 8:14 AM
If nothing else, I know you can rent it from GameFly (http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=129405&t=0).
 LordOfTheFish
09-28-2008, 11:12 AM

Hmm, never had that problem before. Try Hollywood Video.
 Knonos
10-03-2008, 9:58 AM
THe Wii version of the game is not too bad. But to me it felt like it was the kiddies version of the game. And the real dissapointment was that you dont get to pull the Star Destoyer out of the sky. The game just cuts to a cinematic and hey presto down it comes. Out of the entire game that was the one thing that i was looking forward to. Luckily a friend has a xbox and so will be playing it on that.
 LordOfTheFish
10-03-2008, 6:53 PM
I was disappointed there isn't a black lightsaber...
 MajinMikeyX
10-03-2008, 7:55 PM
I've beaten the game on both Xbox360 and on the Wii (since I own both consoles). Each gives you a unique experience and I'm glad I played it on both. The Force power control is definitely better on the Wii and very fun, while the dueling is better on the Xbox360.

If you have a chance to play both, I would recommend it. :D

So Shem, I might get a 360 for Xmas and I was just wondering if I should still get the Wii version of the game. I'm obviously gonna get the 360 version if I get it, but I mean, I already have the PSP version, and it's basically the same as the Wii version, just without cool controls and the difference in graphics are like KotOR in a way or a PC game in general, like the Wii being high texture quality setting and PSP being on low. It would be kinda awkward to have 3 versions of the game...Even if they're all different in their own ways(mostly 360 version). Well...not as awkward as having Gamecube, Xbox, and PC versions of Jedi Outcast...:xp:
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-04-2008, 11:03 AM
^ You may get it but, basically, the one new thing you'll get is the multiplayer. The rest stays the same.
 LordOfTheFish
10-04-2008, 2:49 PM
^
^ Easy, Get the 360 version, and get the DLC for it.
 knight 12167
12-12-2008, 3:38 PM
Down here in australia at Video Ezy they let you rent wii games
Page: 1 of 1