Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My opinion on the PSP version of TFU

Page: 1 of 1
 MajinMikeyX
09-17-2008, 2:35 AM
I got it today instead of Wednesday(yays) and the game is GREAT. It's already my favorite PSP game by far. Maybe I'll get Gof of War for PSP as well to see why they compare GoW and TFU so much... I'd probably like TFU better since I'm a true Star Wars fan in that respect. But yeah, the game is great, graphics are really good for handheld, really good physics for a handheld(I was shocked at first) It is definitely recommended for PSP owners. :D 10/10 for me.

btw, I just beat Shaak Ti about an hour ago and have put my playing to a halt until tomorrow after school...or while I'm "going to sleep" lol
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-17-2008, 9:05 AM
Maybe I'll get Gof of War for PSP as well to see why they compare GoW and TFU so much...

Do yourself that favor, please. But the sole reason as to why they're compared (and Devil May Cry, and Ninja Gaiden and so on) is because they seemed to share the same genre. And they do, but TFU is a lot more arcade-ish and less fun.
 Aku
09-17-2008, 12:28 PM
What makes people compare TFU and GoW is most likely the Quick Time Events and the misunderstanding that the melee combat is a main focus of this game.
Just looking at how shallow the melee combo system is says quite clearly that it's mostly there for convenience sake. The depth lies within the force powers and that's what I'd say separates the two.
Also, the PSP version of TFU lacks melee combos completely (the only thing it has are abilities you can use after 2 or 3 saber swings respectively).
It strikes me as a misunderstanding more than anything else really.

Regardless, both TFU and GoW are great games in their own rights ^^
 MajinMikeyX
09-19-2008, 2:34 AM
I thought the saber combat was alright, because I wasn't expecting a whole lot of it since it is the "Force" Unleashed. It could have been better but I like it. It's not like Lego Star Wars II where there is only 2 different combos with the lightsaber for each character including the good timing versions of those. But obviously(IMO) Lego Star Wars II probably isn't going to be considered the best Star Wars game for PSP anymore ever all because of TFU.
Page: 1 of 1