Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

xbox 360 disc error

Page: 1 of 1
 Spidz
09-16-2008, 2:10 PM
So i went to best buy at 10 am and bought the game. popped it in and after i choose the difficulty lvl the games starts. As soon as the first frame appears i get a disc read error saying the disc is scratched yada yada yada. So i run back to best buy and get a replacement. Popped the new game in and at the very same spot i get the same disc error.

Ive tried playing a few other games and even a dvd and they all work fine. Is any one else getting this issue? It seems like its my xbox since two brand new games have an error in the same place... or perhaps the shipment best buy received are defective??? halp!
 Jason Skywalker
09-16-2008, 2:26 PM
Get ANOTHER replacement?
 SirRaven7313
09-16-2008, 6:55 PM
So i went to best buy at 10 am and bought the game. popped it in and after i choose the difficulty lvl the games starts. As soon as the first frame appears i get a disc read error saying the disc is scratched yada yada yada. So i run back to best buy and get a replacement. Popped the new game in and at the very same spot i get the same disc error.

Ive tried playing a few other games and even a dvd and they all work fine. Is any one else getting this issue? It seems like its my xbox since two brand new games have an error in the same place... or perhaps the shipment best buy received are defective??? halp!

I have the same problem, just wondering if you have figured anything out.

Returned it, but always says disc unreadable once I try to start a game no matter what difficulty/save slot I try. Everything else seems to work fine. It really sucks because I can still see/hear the game story log going behind this message :(
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-16-2008, 6:59 PM
Might be your console as well. Initially, the only game that used to freeze with the "disc error" warning on my 360 was Mass Effect, everything else went on quite smoothly. Later on, other games started showing this signs as well. After a month or so, I got the Ring of Death.

Now, I'm not sure you can ask for a replacement just yet, but you could/should try calling the 360 customers service.
 Boba Rhett
09-16-2008, 7:24 PM
Have you moved your console during operation? Such as moving it from horizontal to vertical? If so, you may have just scuffed the laser.

Faulty drives are covered under the one year warranty but not the extended.
 sparkofflaim15
09-16-2008, 7:42 PM
Hello my fellow 360 fans I recently had the same problem as you. It occurs when you turn off the xbox during the lucas arts loading screen. There is an easy way to fix this, at least it worked for me.

Steps.
1. Take out the game.
2. Go to the dashboard.
3. Go to System.
4. Go to Memory.
5. Select your hdd, but do not go into it.
6. You should see the hard drive and an option to hit Y.
7. Hit Y
-Note DO NOT FORMAT YOUR HARD DRIVE!!!!!!
8. Hit X X LB RB X X
9. A prompt will come up and ask if you want to run maintenance.
10. Hit yes.
11. Shortly after it will fix it's self and you will be able to play!

Hope this helped and hope they fix that glitch soon i wasted 3 hours of my day today trying to fix it
 SirRaven7313
09-16-2008, 8:30 PM
I tried that but unfortunately it did not help me at all. I am to pissed off at this to try any more tonight, maybe tomorrow after work I will make some calls to see if it will end up working, or who knows maybe I can be lucky and it will just work. Oh and by the way its LB the RB not the way you have it.
 Spidz
09-17-2008, 1:39 PM
I went back to best buy and was pretty much fed up with it so i just got my money back. the door man told me its a known issue and a lot of people have been returning the 360 versions. A friend of mine bought the 360 version at a game stop and it works perfectly fine. I might try there and give the above fix a shot.
 SirRaven7313
09-17-2008, 6:16 PM
let me know if a disc from a different store will work, im getting pissed off that the game doesnt work. :mad1
 Hawwi Joshe
09-17-2008, 6:57 PM
The 360 version of TFU I bought at GameStop works perfectly fine for me thus far.
 SirRaven7313
09-18-2008, 4:52 PM
Ok Im done Fing with this game, it is going back. No clue what the problem is, but after some communications with lucasarts about this problem CLEARLY STATING that I have already cleared the cache, tried different game and returned this for a different disk all the said back was, well did you try what you told us you tried? HD in, or out, different gamertags does not matter the game will not work. Lucasarts you failed at this, I dont know if I will ever buy this game again, I was pumped for it to come but now I could care less. I hope someone there reads this and finds out that not only will I not buy this game again, but probably never get another lucasarts game again. I have had many games that they have made and loved most of them, but if they are not willing to help people out when they have problems and just throw generic emails back at that it is poor customer support. Also this is another person spreading these issues out which will now cause more people to not consider their product Well the game is going back now, Im done. Sorry I love Star Wars and have spend a good amount of money on Star Wars products, but I wont deal with this kind of crap!
Page: 1 of 1