Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

ahhhh my arm! my ear! my everything!

Page: 1 of 1
 K_Kinnison
09-15-2008, 11:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v370/Kinnison/knighting.jpg)

Kinda hard to "dub" someone when you have a laser sword that could really hurt when striking someone

I laugh everytime i see this promo shot
 Web Rider
09-16-2008, 12:15 AM
I agree, I saw that and went "WTF? These aren't Sith Knights!"

And is it just me or does Vader's voice really go in and out?
 RyuuKage
09-16-2008, 12:54 AM
the key is to just singe the hairs on him, lolz

but ya, vader does look like he's planning to make a good cut of Galen flank...
 Serpentine Cougar
09-16-2008, 7:25 AM
And then Vader's grip on the lightsaber slipped...
 Great Scott!
09-16-2008, 8:14 AM
And then Vader's grip on the lightsaber slipped...Not to dork things up, but don't they have some kind of ability where if they fall out of the user's hand, they automatically de-activate? Hence Obi-Wan's saber in Episode IV?
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-16-2008, 9:19 AM
Not to dork things up, but don't they have some kind of ability where if they fall out of the user's hand, they automatically de-activate? Hence Obi-Wan's saber in Episode IV?

Yes, such as the sabers of the Jedi who died at the Battle of Geonosis.
 LordSerion
09-16-2008, 11:48 AM
OK, then let's say Vader gets a call and lowers his saber absent-mindedly.

I remember the Dark Knight scene from Monty Python every time I see this pic.
 K_Kinnison
09-16-2008, 6:15 PM
Most sabers have a "deadman" switch, or can be locked on for throwing fun.

This could have easily been done with the hilt of an un-activated saber, but i guess the artists wanted something that looked cool
 Rev7
09-16-2008, 6:44 PM
This could have easily been done with the hilt of an un-activated saber, but i guess the artists wanted something that looked cool
That would be my best guess. :/
 BanthaFodder01
09-21-2008, 4:44 PM
Star Wars nerds would kill the joke with fictional facts......
 Darth Eclipse
09-22-2008, 8:05 AM
Darth Vader could be using a Jedi Training Saber, they just burn you a little bit...no limb severing. Or a Sith Training Saber which is the same as a Jedi Training Saber except whenever the blade touches something it shoots chemicals into whatever it touches so it is temporarily paralized. It stimulates getting a limb severed lol. :lazerhead
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-22-2008, 6:59 PM
I never got what exactly Vader is knighting Galen to. Galen is not a Sith becoming a Sith. He can't while both Vader and Palpatine are alive, as both seem to firmly believe in and adhere to the Rule of Two, regardless of how often they take the letter of the law to the limits with all of these Dark Jedi disciples.

Is he making him his apprentice, then? But hasn't Galen been Vader's apprentice all his life?

Also, funny picture. :D
 GwannaSauna
10-14-2008, 1:57 AM
Yeah, when I saw the promo, I was waiting for the blood, no arm, and that scream heheheheheheheheh
 Shem
10-14-2008, 3:39 AM
Did anybody see Shrek the Third? If you have, you may recall a certain knighting scene that Shrek does. :lol:
 Darth Eclipse
10-14-2008, 10:07 PM
I saw it! Yeah lol, that was pretty funny. I wasn't expecting the sword to stay when he let go of the hilt...It must have been in there pretty deep lol.
Page: 1 of 1