Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PS2/360 Comparison? [Request]

Page: 1 of 1
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-15-2008, 6:34 PM
I was seeing if someone could clear something up for me.

I have both, but for a year, my 360 won't work.

I'm wondering if I should buy it for my PS2 and play it, or just wait a year and buy it for my 360.

Here are some things i'm worried about because of 360 porting to PS2:

-Content loss
-Graphic loss
-"Force Reaction" loss
-Physics loss
-Loss of story
-Character outfits
-Content loss

If anyone has answers, please help. I might be buying it tomorrow at the earliest. (Sept. 16)
 Jeff
09-15-2008, 6:49 PM
Why do you have to wait a year for the Xbox? No way I would wait that long, PS2 version is better than none.
 Hawwi Joshe
09-15-2008, 7:29 PM
I'm not sure if anyone here could actually speak from actual game experience for both versions quite yet, although we could tell you the differences in terms of what we've read.

I'd say your best bet, is to swing on over to GameSpot TFU, PS2 forums and see what's being said about it. That way you can get a few opinions from people who have actually been playing the game.
 RyuuKage
09-16-2008, 12:55 AM
y isn't ur box fixed? it's free you know...

anyway i'd go for the 360
 Aku
09-16-2008, 2:25 AM
The PS2 version has new level design and almost completely different gameplay.
The physics engine behaves in a very different manner and there are many design choices that prevent the combat from being as deep as its PS360 counterpart (mostly because the gameplay there is based around the physics engine and euphoria)

There are some notable differences in the presentation of the story as well, with most cutscenes being set in different locales with different combinations of voice clips (many removed or shortened down as far as I know)

The graphics are just lower quality, but the animations have taken a huge hit what with there being one almost globally used "jedi with one handed lightsaber" pack of animations that even applies to the main character. It doesn't strike me as particularly well made either. It effectively removes much of the "coolness" of the character.

As for content, the additional jedi temple missions are nothing in particular (mostly because they're mainly just corridors like all other levels) but I think the PS2 version has way more different costumes. Check the codes thread here and you can see how many costumes there are in that list. I believe most of them have been confirmed to not work in the 360 version, but a few do.

I think that would be all ^^
(The PSP version is the PS2 version with lower graphics and extra missions to have fun with outside the story btw)
 Xbx_Inthusiast
09-22-2008, 1:24 AM
So the PS2 animations aren't the same?

No shien form? (Backhanded saber)? All enemies are one handed? I don't get what you mean when you said the animations took a hit.

And the physics system..? You mean when you throw a Stormie, it doesn't latch on but, rather just flails about like a ragdoll?

-- To answer another question to me, my 360's warranty is voided- the sticker is removed. It just got the Red Ring of Death, and since the sticker's off, I can't send it in to get replaced. It also has an unreadable disk error, which I can't find any way to fix it. I'm so depressed that I have to settle for the PS2 version.
 Darth Eclipse
09-22-2008, 7:58 AM
I would wait a year for a 360 if I was you! PS3 and 360 don't have many different skins. The ones for 360 that I can think of right now are 5 different imperial troopers, Bail Organa, Palpatine, Kota, Drunken Kota, I know there are plenty more I just can't think of. Later today I am going to try to discover more codes for skins. Wish me luck! :anvil:
 Ctrl Alt Del
09-22-2008, 1:51 PM
So the PS2 animations aren't the same?
Yeah, the animations look... robotic. Both facial and the body. I think Juno got the worse by far. It looks like she has too much botox on her face, as she's always grinning around.

No shien form? (Backhanded saber)? All enemies are one handed? I don't get what you mean when you said the animations took a hit.
No shien, but that doesn't mean the enemies are one handed (where did you take that from?). We get enemies that use staves, for example.

And the physics system..? You mean when you throw a Stormie, it doesn't latch on but, rather just flails about like a ragdoll?
Actually worse, but the ragdoll would be a close comparison.
Page: 1 of 1