Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

PS2 - PSP comparison

Page: 1 of 1
 Aku
09-13-2008, 6:25 AM
It's the same game.

-Same level design
-Same cutscenes
-Same animations
-Same gameplay

The differences?

-Different level of graphics (though it doesn't strike me as too far off)
-Lock-on is mapped differently (R2 in PS2 version, R+D-pad down in PSP version) and block relies entirely on holding down square (the PS2 version allows you to block by either holding L2 or square)
-Force Unleashed mode. This is where the PSP tosses in Historic Missions, Force Duels (1v1 versus a force user, including ones from EU), Order 66 (survival against waves of enemies) and Force Out (No idea what it is as I haven't unlocked it yet)

There you have it. The PSP version has the Jedi Temple stages as well.
I say the PSP version is more worth the time and money, because it has more content than the PS2 version and it is portable, but it may be easier to play on the PS2 version for most people.

Figured you'd want to know the differences ^^
 Bomberman65
09-13-2008, 8:52 PM
Thanks cause Im looking at getting the psp version sometime after I get the ps3 version mind you. Thanks this helps. Nice to know its just as good as the ps2 version.
 GeneralPloKoon
09-13-2008, 10:59 PM
The PSP versoin doesn't have euphoria or DMM either.
 Aku
09-14-2008, 5:58 AM

Well, yeah, like I said the psp-version is a port of the ps2 version ^^
 PoiuyWired
09-14-2008, 6:03 PM

obviously, neither would the PS2 version. I mean, if you can jam something on a PS2 you can almost jam it into your cellphone nowadays, almost... and DEFINITELY can jam it into any PC that is not owned by some 3rd world caveman.
 Aku
09-14-2008, 6:31 PM
obviously, neither would the PS2 version. I mean, if you can jam something on a PS2 you can almost jam it into your cellphone nowadays, almost... and DEFINITELY can jam it into any PC that is not owned by some 3rd world caveman.
You wouldn't want the PS2 version on a PC though :')
 MajinMikeyX
09-14-2008, 8:37 PM
Nice, I'm getting the PSP version this Wednesday. I would go on Tuesday when it comes out but it's my bro's bday so i can't. I'm pretty excited. :D
Page: 1 of 1