Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Custom Mando + Disguise Function

Page: 1 of 1
 Styles2304
09-08-2008, 6:18 AM
I know this has already been done but I made the boba fett style of mandalorian helmet and attached it to mando crusader armor in KOTOR 1 but how do I make it wearable by the player? I know it's all in the disguise function but I don't know how to make the custom model show up there?

Any ideas?

If I'm too vague just let me know.
 JCarter426
09-08-2008, 6:25 AM
Just create a new a new item (BIFs--> Templates--> Blueprint, Item--> one of the armors, double-click) and give it a disguise property pointing towards one of the three Mandie appearances (Alien_Mandalorian). And change the description and what not as well, while you're at it. Save it with a unique file name, and repeat for the other two.
 Styles2304
09-08-2008, 8:45 AM
Well that certainly makes sense . . . I was kind of hoping to add a new set of mando but I'll play around with replacing them. Thanks.

EDIT:
Well I just tried that and I can't QUITE get it to work though it did successfully replace the other mandalorian heads. Although . . . it needs re-weighted . . . I'm not really sure how to go about do that though. The entire helmet just needs to be weighted to one bone.

RE-EDIT:
Ok . . . I'm still having problems with the weights. I weighted it to the head and neck as well as each individually and I still can't get the desired results. It moves with the model but when the characters turn their heads and look around, it stays stationary.

Any ideas?

please do not double post.. much less triple post. Use the "edit this" function to add to your comments. - Cz
 rexman1000
09-08-2008, 5:44 PM
To add a new set of armor that isn't already in the game requires you to edit the Appearance.2DA file. If you want an easy job use kotor tool, and copy one of the old Mandalorian rows over, then change the model and texture references accordingly. Piece of cake, ya know!
 Styles2304
09-09-2008, 8:03 AM
Ok cool! Anyone have any suggestions about the weighting issues?
Page: 1 of 1