Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question

Page: 1 of 1
 Hawwi Joshe
08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
I just recently got a Xbox 360 a few days ago and I'm relatively new to the whole Xbox Live scene. I was wondering, do I have to have a Xbox Live Membership to download the TFU demo or can I just hook up my internet and download it being that it's free?

I realize for playing online you have to have a membership but I wasn't sure regarding something such as this that's supposed to be a free download. Anyone with any info that they are willing to share on this would be very helpful!
 Da_Man_2423
08-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I believe you need the gold membership deal to download (what I got)...I think that's what others have said, but don't quote me on that solely.
 Jacob Nion
08-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I believe you can download it.
 Da_Man_2423
08-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I'm 99% sure you need gold membership now. I just Googled it, and everyone was complaining about needing it.
 Hawwi Joshe
08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
I Google'd it myself just now and I found this out... Basically Gold Members will get this demo (as well as any other demo downloads) a week before Silver Members can get it. If I wait a week and register for the free Silver membership, I will be able to download it and try it out.

I'm not sure if that's 100% accurate, but I've read that on a couple of other sites.
 Da_Man_2423
08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, if you plan on playing any other games online (I don't even think TFU has any 360 multiplayer to begin with), you might just want to get the gold membership anyway. You're choice though, obviously.
 Boba Rhett
08-23-2008, 11:24 PM
Notice: If you are new to Xbox LIVE you get a free 1 month trial of Gold. Sign up, Get your free Gold membership and get to downloading the demo right away.
 Jacob Nion
08-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Good point I forgot about that. Good call.
 Hawwi Joshe
08-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Notice: If you are new to Xbox LIVE you get a free 1 month trial of Gold. Sign up, Get your free Gold member ship and get to downloading the demo right away.

Just did that, thanks for the heads up!

Also, about how long did this download take some of you all? Mine seems like it's going to take forever!

Also, I don't have a router so I had to stop my download at 25% so I could get back on here... Will I be able to continue where I left off when I sign back on or start all over again?
 Da_Man_2423
08-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah, you should be able to just start off from the same spot.
 Boba Rhett
08-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Took me a couple hours. It was actually pretty fast considering my connection speed. The demo is 906mb.
 Jacob Nion
08-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Let us know what you think after you play it. Please keep in mind that the Tie Fighter Facility that you play in the demo is going to be different from what is in the game. Anyway Happy hunting my friend. Enjoy
 Hawwi Joshe
08-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Let us know what you think after you play it. Please keep in mind that the Tie Fighter Facility that you play in the demo is going to be different from what is in the game. Anyway Happy hunting my friend. Enjoy

Ohh trust me, I've been doing my homework on this game since the news first broke that it was going to be created! So I've kept up with TFU as much as possible... None the less, I really look forward to trying this out as I have been counting down the days until its official release on Sept. 16!
 Da_Man_2423
08-24-2008, 12:13 AM
If you've played Jedi Knight, you might want to consider locking any memories of that game far away, since it seems to have a negative effect when playing this game.
 Hawwi Joshe
08-24-2008, 12:20 AM
If you've played Jedi Knight, you might want to consider locking any memories of that game far away, since it seems to have a negative effect when playing this game.

Yeah I've heard about that, although I try not to compare different games and take each one for their own worth. I liked the Jedi Knight series but never was a HUGE fan of it, so I shouldn't have much of an issue developing a fair opinion after trying out the demo for TFU.
 Da_Man_2423
08-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah I've heard about that, although I try not to compare different games and take each one for their own worth. I liked the Jedi Knight series but never was a HUGE fan of it, so I shouldn't have much of an issue developing a fair opinion after trying out the demo for TFU.

Well, at least one person who played Jedi Knight won't be constantly comparing TFU to it. I thank you.
 Hawwi Joshe
08-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Well, I played the demo guys... And I LOVED IT! Took me a little getting used to the controls but the graphics and game play are a cut above... Not to mention I don't even have a HD TV and the game was still very visually appealing. Needless to say, I'm even more restless than I was before (which was a lot) for the Sept. 16th release.

Also, I personally think this game has A LOT more to offer you in overall game play than the Jedi Knight Series, not to mention the story line for TFU should also blow JKS out of the water IMO.
Page: 1 of 1