Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Xbox 360 Demo

Page: 1 of 1
 Dess
08-23-2008, 3:58 AM
Was it just me or did it feel awkward when using the force grip thing and trying to move the objects around why would they put up and down movement on the right thumbstick and left and right movement on the left thumbstick and you have to use your right thumb to hit b to throw the object, especially when you cant even move forward or back with the left thumbstick while holding a stormtrooper or object. Other than that i thought the rest of the demo was pretty good.

I hope the developers change this to just one control stick but they probably wont.
 Da_man
08-23-2008, 4:40 AM
Trust me, the controls could be a lot worse. I really cna't think of any other way they would do it on a 360 or PS3 controller. If you don't like these controls, I hope for your sake they have customizable controls.
 Boba Rhett
08-23-2008, 4:51 AM
You can throw an object by just moving it in a direction and letting go of grip. The controls are a tad wonky but my biggest gripe about them is that you can't move while blocking or swinging your saber.
 leXX
08-23-2008, 6:26 AM
Yeah I totally agree, it's very awkward trying to be accurate with the controls the way they are. I'm sure it's something we'll just get used to the more we play though. I was also dissapointed to see that you can't move while blocking. Can't see any reason why it should be this way. I'd like to be able to run towards the enemy blocking at the same time. Strange they did it this way. As for the stance, I don't know whether or not I like it or hate it, can't really make up my mind. Does look bad ass, but I'm so used to the normal stance it feels wierd.

Altogether though I was quite impressed. The movement is fluid, physics seems spot on and the graphics are top notch.
 Aku
08-23-2008, 7:47 AM
The thing is that you really need to learn how to use them. You can flick the stick just a little to make the object you're lifting move slightly in that direction. If you release the right trigger while it still retains its speed in any direction (meaning that yes, you can move it away and down at the same time), it'll be thrown in that direction.
Just like everything else in this game, it's way deeper than what most people notice right away ^^
 itsame
08-23-2008, 8:49 AM
Yeah agree with Aku, the combat is pretty deep once you start to play around with it. The controls are not hard at all once you get used to em. You can pretty much pick something up and flick it straight away instead of moving it slowly around. Also just noticed you can set the grab and lock-on buttons to 'hold' or 'toggle'. Makes locking onto the mini-boss so much easier.

Only gripe is that sometimes you cant target what you want, because there's so much you can interact with. Not that im complaining but some people will get annoyed with that.
 swphreak
08-23-2008, 11:22 AM
I think the controls are fine. Then again, I played Psi-Ops (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psi-ops) a lot. The telekensis powers and force grab operate pretty much the same way.
 Jeff
08-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Yeah it'd be nice if there was a button to tab through all possible targets instead of having to move till you get the target you want, but I think all the buttons are used up. :x

Overall I liked the controls pretty well, thought they were pretty easy to learn.
 Da_Man_2423
08-23-2008, 1:35 PM
Yeah it'd be nice if there was a button to tab through all possible targets instead of having to move till you get the target you want, but I think all the buttons are used up. :x

If you keep the targets in front of you, there's no need to tab through anything. I know it's not always possible, but that's what you gotta try to do. Like in those narrow corridors there should be little problem targeting.
 RyuuKage
08-23-2008, 2:52 PM
I hope the developers change this to just one control stick but they probably wont.
you can't move an object in 3d space with only one 2d input, lol

was anyone else wondering where Force Repulse is? :¬:
 Pikmin
08-23-2008, 7:22 PM
Not available in the demo...
 Commander Obi-Wan
08-24-2008, 1:55 AM
The controls work fine for me. But, I agree with Rhett regarding not being able to move when blocking with your saber. Otherwise, I found the controls to be quite easy to use.
 Da_Man_2423
08-24-2008, 2:10 AM
Sith Lord is quite an easy difficulty, despite it supposedly being the 2nd hardest. There's honestly no need to block + move when it's this easy.

What do you guys like to do to torture the enemies? I like Force Gripping them, bringing them close to me, drop 'em on the ground gently, then just go all out.
 Boba Rhett
08-24-2008, 2:23 AM
Video game-wise, there not being an absolutely vital need for something is no excuse not to have it. Just the simple fact that somethings damn annoying is enough cause to change it.
 Da_Man_2423
08-24-2008, 2:24 AM
Honestly, I hardly even bothered with block. Where are you guys using it so much? I've noticed few enemies with melee weapons, and there no match for a quick combo.
 Boba Rhett
08-24-2008, 2:27 AM
I used it at both turret locations and attempted to use it many other places before remembering that it planted me to the ground.
 Da_Man_2423
08-24-2008, 2:35 AM
Does it actually block laser fire? I thought Starkiller did that automatically.
 Boba Rhett
08-24-2008, 3:21 AM
Yes, it does... hence it being called block. :D I don't think he blocks anything automatically.
Page: 1 of 1