Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So wait, let me get this straight... Online or not?

Page: 1 of 1
 reborn2
08-22-2008, 5:35 PM
OK I have heard conflicting reports on whether or not TFU is going to be online or not.

The trailer has the XBOX LIVE logo on it so I assumed it would be but I recently just read a thread stating that the game is not multilayer so I'm a little confused...

ALSO

I'm aware of all the people hating on the demo but I think its great..... MY ONLY complaints are the whole arcade-y "SLAM CRUSH SUPER x3 BONUS!!!" bull**** type feel.

Also whats up with the light saber..... Im pretty sure that its suppose to cut through enemys not injure them.....

I mean i could put up with a boss or a large enemy having that sort of reaction but a storm trooper... really? Yes, yes I know that the game is focused on the "Force" (and it does so very well) but it would have been SOOOO easy just to make the enemys stronger but have them get there limbs cut off in one swoop, kinda like JO.

Do you think that any of this will be fixed upon the final release....?
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 5:38 PM
Why would they "fix" it? That's how they designed it to be.

And yes, there is online.
 Jacob Nion
08-22-2008, 6:14 PM
The only online and mulitplayer is going to be for the Wii, PSP. The 360 version will have downloadble content that is why it says XBOX LIVE on the box. Hope that helps.
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 6:19 PM
The only online and mulitplayer is going to be for the Wii, PSP. The 360 version will have downloadble content that is why it says XBOX LIVE on the box. Hope that helps.

Probably won't be anyone online anyway, from all the complaining I've seen.
 Jacob Nion
08-22-2008, 6:23 PM
Teh Wii version will have online mulitplayer. Hayden Blackman had already said the Wii will be multiplayer online.
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 6:24 PM
Yeah, I know, but everyone seems to hate the game, so they won't play online, even if it's the Wii.
 Jacob Nion
08-22-2008, 6:27 PM
I see what you are saying know. Gotcha. Makes since. Sorry my bad I must have miss understood what you were saying. Sorry
 LordOfTheFish
08-22-2008, 9:43 PM
At least there is one...

At least there is one benefit i get for having a Wii...
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 9:57 PM
I got a Wii too, but I don't know if the other stuff included in the Wii version that's not in the 360 version will be worth the purchase. Might just get both.
 LordOfTheFish
08-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Buy the Wii version first, it's the one with the bonus content. Then decide after playing the demo, for 360, if it is worth buying the full version.
 Flash512
08-28-2008, 4:20 PM
just so happens for Lucasarts Nintendo has their paper roll, the only excuse they came up with for no online for Force Unleashed was because they wanted to get more sales for the wii by adding multiplayer, as well as give staggering portables online versions as well. I just don't see why they had to make it a exclusive, why give multiplayer to a console which is in last place with Online Services its a smack in the face to all 360 and PS3 owners. I played the demo and I will honestly buy this game, but without online replay value is limited. But I believe theres more to that excuse than just lack of sales for one console if we all check you can notice that Lucas Arts is coming out with Star Wars:Clone Wars this game will feature multiplayer battles as well, what the hell.

*sigh*

I guess we will never see a online predecessor to lucasarts Jedi Knight Academy.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-28-2008, 4:35 PM
Online play, NO! Don't know why, but its aggervating.
 Da_Man_2423
08-28-2008, 5:30 PM
just so happens for Lucasarts Nintendo has their paper roll, the only excuse they came up with for no online for Force Unleashed was because they wanted to get more sales for the wii by adding multiplayer, as well as give staggering portables online versions as well. I just don't see why they had to make it a exclusive, why give multiplayer to a console which is in last place with Online Services its a smack in the face to all 360 and PS3 owners. I played the demo and I will honestly buy this game, but without online replay value is limited. But I believe theres more to that excuse than just lack of sales for one console if we all check you can notice that Lucas Arts is coming out with Star Wars:Clone Wars this game will feature multiplayer battles as well, what the hell.

*sigh*

I guess we will never see a online predecessor to lucasarts Jedi Knight Academy.

I think online would suck in this game. A bunch of button mashing isn't very hard.

Online play, NO! Don't know why, but its aggervating.

Well, don't play online then.
 Char Ell
08-29-2008, 8:41 AM
The TFU version of Wii does not support online multiplayer. It has what LucasArts is calling duel mode, meaning if you have another set of controllers for your Wii then you and someone else in your living room, bedroom, or wherever your Wii is located can battle it out against each other on the same screen.

Will the levels be large and have split screens or will they be in a circular arena type thing?

Multiplayer in the Wii version is contained in one screen, so there?s no split-screen. The game?s dynamic camera does a great job of zooming in and out of what?s going on during combat to keep the pace of the battle very exciting.

How many people are allowed on multiplayer?

Two players can face off against each other in the Wii version of the game, while both the DS and PSP support four-player action.

Click here (http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=130608&tstart=0) for source
 Da_Man_2423
08-29-2008, 9:09 AM
The multiplayer didn't look too amazing to be honest...
 Darth Moeller
08-29-2008, 10:25 AM
The TFU version of Wii does not support online multiplayer. It has what LucasArts is calling duel mode, meaning if you have another set of controllers for your Wii then you and someone else in your living room, bedroom, or wherever your Wii is located can battle it out against each other on the same screen.

Click here (http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=130608&tstart=0) for sourceThanks for posting that Char, its correct that the Wii version does not have online.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-29-2008, 6:27 PM
Well, don't play online then.
I meant it is aggervating that its not online.
 Da_Man_2423
08-29-2008, 8:10 PM
I meant it is aggervating that its not online.

You mean aggravating? Hard to tell what people mean these days to begin with, let alone spelling! Just kiddin'. :D
 Serpentine
08-30-2008, 6:58 AM
I think this game would be kinda boring online... Jedi Knight online would've been cool, but this is a different game. I hardly ever play online anyway, though - single-player is more my thing.
 Da_Man_2423
08-30-2008, 8:38 AM
This game would be boring online. At least with 3+ people. Would get pointless fast. Is the Wii dueling thing online? That might prove some excitement if it were.
 Char Ell
08-30-2008, 10:43 AM
Is the Wii dueling thing online? That might prove some excitement if it were. :drop2: Uhh... Guess you haven't read or didn't understand post numbers 14 or 16 in this thread?
 Da_Man_2423
08-30-2008, 10:47 AM
:drop2: Uhh... Guess you haven't read or didn't understand post numbers 14 or 16 in this thread?

That was you saying there wasn't any Wii online, not any official statements. The quotes you provided never mention "there is no Wii online". Why should I believe your word?
 Char Ell
08-30-2008, 10:55 AM
:lol:

Hmmm... Did you try the Click here (http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=130608&tstart=0) for source link? ;)

Believe whatever you want though. :D
 Da_Man_2423
08-30-2008, 10:58 AM
You expect an Internet user to exert extra energy by clicking on a link to learn more information? You must be crazy. :lol:
Page: 1 of 1