Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

My impressions of the demo

Page: 1 of 1
 Aku
08-22-2008, 7:41 AM
I wrote them over here (http://aku-gaming.blogspot.com/2008/08/star-wars-force-unleashed-demo.html)

I wish people would stop talking about Jedi Outcast btw. It's starting to get about as annoying as everyone constantly complaining about the lack of dismemberment :/

Oh and I'd appreciate any comments about my writing ^^;
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 2:21 PM
You didn't seem to have any gripes with the demo at all...did I miss something?
 Aku
08-22-2008, 2:52 PM
My only complaint is that the demo was short.

Otherwise, the demo was even better than I expected it to be.
I couldn't imagine they'd get the Force Grip controls down so well. When you've learned how to use it, it's probably the best controller layout you could possibly have for Telekinesis-gameplay. Never before has movement in all possible directions been so quick and easy :D
I expect more people will realize this when they play the full game and get used to them (since most people probably don't play the demo over 30 times in a row)
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 2:58 PM
I've played it about 10 times. I like to get "used" to the game so I don't have to waste time practicing all the controls once I actually get the game. I only wish people would share your support for the game given what it is, as well as stop constantly comparing it to Jedi Knight.
 Aku
08-22-2008, 3:00 PM
I never expected people to start comparing it to Jedi Knight.
I suppose I just didn't expect people to be that stupid.

...Then again, Advent Rising DID get compared to Halo.
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 3:04 PM
People are crazy. Has anyone found out if it's possible to unlock the difficulty below Sith Lord?
 Ascendant_Justice
08-22-2008, 6:00 PM
I was a little disappointed with a couple aspects. They're very minor but they're frustrating me a bit.

Stormtroopers are like reanimated corpses with plastic armor on. I mean, from what I've seen, one or two blaster shots kills them when I deflect a bolt back at them. If I do that to a Rebel Soldier, however, it can take upwards of twenty. I even sat back and watched a squad of about five Stormtroopers take on a Rebel and the Rebel beat them after being shot at least a dozen times. The Rebellion is supposed to be the underdog here, are they not? I'd like to see Stormtroopers toughened up a bit seeing as how your ultimate enemy is commanding them.

The bodies disappear, rapidly. This wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't disappear three seconds after you offed them, but they do just that. I'm finding it a little difficult to appreciate the carnage I'm inflicting when I can look back at a room that should have a platoon's worth of slaughtered soldiers strewn about the floor and instead seeing nothing at all. It's 2008. I'm sure the 360 and PS3 can both support some corpses on the ground. Couldn't they have at least made a body cap? Say, ten corpses on the ground and bodies start disappearing in order of death?

I read your article, though. Well done with the writing. You touched up on some of the more technical details with the physics and implementations of controls.
 LordOfTheFish
08-22-2008, 6:01 PM
Sound like a fairly good game. If only I could try it...
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 6:07 PM
Stormtroopers are like reanimated corpses with plastic armor on. I mean, from what I've seen, one or two blaster shots kills them when I deflect a bolt back at them. If I do that to a Rebel Soldier, however, it can take upwards of twenty. I even sat back and watched a squad of about five Stormtroopers take on a Rebel and the Rebel beat them after being shot at least a dozen times. The Rebellion is supposed to be the underdog here, are they not? I'd like to see Stormtroopers toughened up a bit seeing as how your ultimate enemy is commanding them.

The Rebels appear to have stronger body armor, for whatever reason. I'm not Mr. Know-It-All when it comes to the Rebellion, so I don't know why they would though.
 Ali1392
08-22-2008, 6:10 PM
why did the stormies come up from the pit 20 times?
 Da_Man_2423
08-22-2008, 6:10 PM
You mean in the hangar? They should only come up twice.

Edit: I take that back, should be three times.

Edit 2: Ok, they just keep coming. I guess it just depends on how long you take to kill everyone else. :lol:
 GeneralPloKoon
08-22-2008, 6:48 PM
The only problem I had with the demo is that it was short.
 Aku
08-22-2008, 8:51 PM
If I do that to a Rebel Soldier, however, it can take upwards of twenty. I even sat back and watched a squad of about five Stormtroopers take on a Rebel and the Rebel beat them after being shot at least a dozen times. The Rebellion is supposed to be the underdog here, are they not? I'd like to see Stormtroopers toughened up a bit seeing as how your ultimate enemy is commanding them.
Going by the novel, the explanation would be something like this:
These are Kota's own personal "guard". He didn't have faith in the clonetroopers' training, so he trained his own battalion of men. He's a toughened war veteran and that would go for his men as well.
In the novel, Starkiller realized when fighting him that while the jedi he had trained against with PROXY's training modules weren't men of war, but Kota most likely was.

See? There might even be a canon reason why they take more hits :D
 Ascendant_Justice
08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
Going by the novel, the explanation would be something like this:
These are Kota's own personal "guard". He didn't have faith in the clonetroopers' training, so he trained his own battalion of men. He's a toughened war veteran and that would go for his men as well.
In the novel, Starkiller realized when fighting him that while the jedi he had trained against with PROXY's training modules weren't men of war, but Kota most likely was.

See? There might even be a canon reason why they take more hits :D

I suppose...though I still think the difference is astronomical. I can't imagine what they could be wearing that could save them from twenty blaster bolts when a Stormtrooper can only take one or two.
 Da_Man_2423
08-26-2008, 4:42 PM
I suppose...though I still think the difference is astronomical. I can't imagine what they could be wearing that could save them from twenty blaster bolts when a Stormtrooper can only take one or two.

I think I know what they're wearing: heavier armor. I'm not gonna go and dig up any Star Wars canonized armor from the time period that appear in books or comics, so I apologize.
Page: 1 of 1