Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Questions and Answers from people that have played the demo..

Page: 1 of 1
 fastfed
08-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I cannot play it <see other thread>

So I need to ask.. Forget all the force stuff as I know its cool, but I rather use the Light Saber as much as possible.

Can someone give me detail on how it is?

I can put it away and take it out when ever I want... Correct? Its not stuck on the whole time?

There are combo's, WITHOUT USING FORCE, with the light saber correct?

Is there different stances and grips with it too?

Finally and the most important to me.. In the demo, when you hit someone with your light saber, do they die with ONE hit??

Thanks all!
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 1:24 PM
Ok
1) Lightsaber is on/off depending on your actions like if you force pushing and using both hands it goes off accordingly, and you cannot turn it off at will.

2) There is only one lightsaber attack button but you can combine it with force lightning to power up your lightsaber for some lethal attacks. It's very fun to expirment with the lightsaber swing, force lightning, and force push.

3) For all we know in the actual game you might be able to unlock different grips or stances but in the demo its just one.

4) It depends on the soldier. The standard footsoldiers are pretty much 2 shotting range. It's better than what I expected.
 fastfed
08-21-2008, 1:58 PM
Well. That answered that :)

Total Arcade game :)

I am sure some will enjoy it, but the hardcore fans will not..

Enjoy all!
 adamqd
08-21-2008, 2:01 PM
also if you grab a stormie and levitate them, press x and it throws your saber into there stomach haha, quite cool
 Aku
08-21-2008, 3:21 PM
There is more depth than that to the melee combat though.

Just in the demo (and the full game is sure to have more through upgrades, as the devs have said), you can make up to a 4-hit combo.
Pausing between the saber attacks will yield different attacks (and you can mix them up, for example like "x, pause, x, x, pause, x") and using lightning or push at different points in the combos will yield different kind of attacks as well.

And they have said that you'll be able to unlock combos and such, so I doubt this short 4-hit combo here is all of it.
 Da_Man_2423
08-21-2008, 3:32 PM
Total Arcade game :)

What did you expect this game be like? A super-realistic lightsaber combat and Force-using simulator?
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 3:35 PM
Which isn't really possible since "realistic Force-using simulator" is sort of an oxymoron.
 Inyri
08-21-2008, 3:38 PM
Which isn't really possible since "realistic Force-using simulator" is sort of an oxymoron.Not really. There's a marked difference between the words "real" and "realistic".
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 3:40 PM
I guess so, but still, we're not quite technologically advanced enough for publicly available simulators of any kind, let alone slightly unrealistic ones.
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 3:40 PM
Yeah I was being a little faint on the details but I'm pretty sure the system will be full of depth and what not in game. I just hope that they make unlockable content that will want me to play the game even more times. This game seems like something I still would want to play again.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 3:46 PM
I hear there are costume unlockables that let you play the main game as the Duel Mode characters or even PROXY.
 Da_Man_2423
08-21-2008, 3:49 PM
Aren't there multiple endings? That alone means I will play the game more than once, assuming the gameplay and all is good (which it seems to be from the demo).
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 3:51 PM
Yeah if you go to the options screen and hit right-bumper, there are grayed out options saying

Force Upgrades
Lightsaber
Costume
Databank

And there is an input code on the main option menu so who knows what else you can unlock with codes.
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 3:54 PM
Oh and sorry for double posting but to re-answer fastfed's question about putting away your lightsaber. If you stand still for a couple of minutes he turns off the lightsaber.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 3:56 PM
Though I don't see why you would ever have to manually put it away. Like Tomak said, he puts it away after a few seconds of inactivity, but he'll also put it away for some Force moves and then take it back out.
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 3:59 PM
Yeah after playing through the demo one more time I found one slight problem with the pause mechanic with combos. In 1v1's or maybe 3v1's its ok but most of the time your going to be outnumbered a lot like say 7v1 and what not. It's horrid to waste time like that on usually 2 guys and since I play on the hardest modes its rather difficult to stay alive like that XD.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 6:58 PM
But the thing is you're generally expected to rely on your Force powers rather than your saber when you're grossly outnumbered.
 Jaypee
08-21-2008, 7:32 PM
Electrified crate to the head solves all your problems
Page: 1 of 1