Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Why I don't think I will like this game!

Page: 1 of 1
 fastfed
08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
I got into the whole Jedi deal a couple years ago with the games, knights and Jedi Academy..

What l loved so much about them, was the fact it was realistic, at least as much as a fantasy game can be.. What I mean about that is, if you have your light saber out and slice someone, THEY DIE!! After all its supposed to cut through anything..

From what I read and saw with this game, its hardcore arcade.. Pretty much oriented around health. You can slice the bad guys with your light saber something like 15-25 times before they actually die..

It will sure lose the effect and feeling of being all powerful..
 Boba Rhett
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm hoping for a "realistic kill" cheat or something to that effect.
 LordOfTheFish
08-20-2008, 11:50 PM
It's Star Wars dude, what do you expect? I here what your saying, though.
 fastfed
08-21-2008, 12:10 AM
It's Star Wars dude, what do you expect? I here what your saying, though.

Yes but they did it proper in the other games.. Knight and Jedi Academy..

1 slash and the person lost his arm or leg. Now, some fights between another light saber guy, did take more than 1.. When I say more, I mean either 1 or 2 more.. Max was 3

Can someone confirm what the deal is with the combat for the light saber in Unleashed?

Is it really going to be tons of hits on 1 person?

I don't mind if they block, like the other games I mentioned you could battle for minutes at a time on one person, because they are blocking properly and it was AWESOME!!
 LordOfTheFish
08-21-2008, 12:12 AM
I really don't know. You mite find one of the topic's includes your answer.
 ApexAftermath
08-21-2008, 12:37 AM
If I remember correctly even the dismemberments in jedi outcast were pretty lame. I remember there being a code you could type in to make them more graphic(more body parts being cut) but it was still not what it should have been. If this game rocks for everything else I can easily forgive the lack of dismemberments. It would probably make the game too easy if you could just slice through 100s of stormtroopers like butter in seconds.
 Aku
08-21-2008, 3:43 AM
This realistic combat you speak of from Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy (they're both Jedi Knight-series games btw) is only available by using console commands. The game didn't make it behave like that by default.

Oh and this game doesn't chop off limbs for instant kills because it wouldn't pose any kind of challenge if it did. The gameplay here is way different from that of Jedi Knight 2/3, so it wouldn't work.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 2:46 PM
You can't seriously think that that one flaw outweighs all the postives. You guys gotta think before you post.
 Boba Rhett
08-21-2008, 3:14 PM
You can't seriously think that there's only one flaw in this game that will be counterbalancing all the positives. You guys gotta think before you post.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 3:16 PM
I know there are more flaws than that, but he seems to only hate it because of one flaw: the fact that lightsabers don't instantly kill. Once again, think before you post.
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 3:17 PM
The main reason why I want this game is merely for the fact that it reveals information about a time that we don't know much about, finally a next-gen star wars game, and your someone with a shiny glowy stick and shocky fingers.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 3:22 PM
If that's the reason you like it then you may as well just buy the novel.
 Boba Rhett
08-21-2008, 3:27 PM
I know there are more flaws than that, but he seems to only hate it because of one flaw: the fact that lightsabers don't instantly kill. Once again, think before you post.

It's quite obviously more of the straw that broke the camel's back/unforgivable sin/whatever other cliched remark you like for him. Since you seem to have missed the less than subtle hint I dropped, stop ending your posts with 'think before you post'. Thanks.
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 3:29 PM
If that's the reason you like it then you may as well just buy the novel.

Haha was a joke, but yeah I am totally into this game want it badly.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 3:33 PM
Sorry Boba, I thought you were just trying to turn it around on me. I had no clue that by using it yourself you were insinuating that I should stop using it.
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 3:34 PM
Nah I just didnt specifically state it correct myself, but yeah what I was thinking is maybe when that happens you start initially knocking it down with a chain command or something then it finishes it up in a CG scene.
Page: 1 of 1