Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Does anyone actually like the Star Forge Robes?

Page: 1 of 1
 MajinMikeyX
08-20-2008, 6:57 AM
Does anybody like them??? Including default or modded versions of the Star Forge and Revan robes. I wasn't a big fan of the star forge robes, so in a mod i installed to replace both of them with the hood and caped versions, I edited it so that the two look identical instead of one being white and the other black, now they're both black. Only difference is the allignment.

Does anyone feel the same way?...that the REAL Revan robes is what makes you happy, instead of those cheap imitations?
 Pwnzor326
08-20-2008, 12:30 PM
I like their defense bonus but they are kinda ugly.....
 Darth InSidious
08-20-2008, 12:49 PM
I like them. They could do with better skins, at least for the Dark Side ones, though... >.>
 Ascendant_Justice
08-20-2008, 1:03 PM
I remember the default light ones were cream colored or something. Those were a little unpleasant. I can hardly even remember the dark side ones, though.

I have installed the mod I think you're talking about, but I haven't gotten to the Star Forge yet so I'll have to look at those.

Edit: Oh and welcome to LucasForums :)
 HIGH ON PIE 14
08-20-2008, 1:48 PM
Like everybody else, I think they are usful robes, but are quite the eyesore. I honestly think the DS version (Revans Robes) are much better looking. Shows that just different colors can make a difference...though they are still not eyecandy.

Welcome to Lucas Forums!

~HOP
 MajinMikeyX
08-20-2008, 2:33 PM
Thanks! :)
But yeah, in my Xbox version, with no modding...I don't even put on the Star Forge Robes. I think my character looks so stupid with them, so I just use the Qel-Droma robes instead
 Darth_Yuthura
08-20-2008, 4:39 PM
I NEVER wear those stupid things. They look like a dress and would not allow a high dexterity bonus in real life... well you know what I mean. I wish the DS version also provided the mask and hood.
 Rev7
08-20-2008, 5:13 PM
Thanks! :)
But yeah, in my Xbox version, with no modding...I don't even put on the Star Forge Robes. I think my character looks so stupid with them, so I just use the Qel-Droma robes instead
That is normally what I do as well. I still have the Xbox version. I normally use the Qel-Droma robes the whole game to tell you the truth.

I honestly like the DS Star Forge Robes a lot better than the LS ones. Ya, the LS ones have some good stats but they really do look a lot like a dress. But ya, I still do like them. I would like it a little more if you got them a lot earlier in the game, but of course, you don't. :)
 Inyri
08-20-2008, 5:52 PM
Revan looks like he's wearing a dress. Talking about being emasculated. Not very viscious-looking when he looks like he's late for the prom, eh? :xp:
 jrrtoken
08-20-2008, 6:07 PM
Revan looks like he's wearing a dress. Talking about being emasculated. Not very viscious-looking when he looks like he's late for the prom, eh? :xp:Tell me about it. Revan looks like he's wearing vestments:

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/9/97/StarForgeRobes.jpg)

http://www.gaspardinc.com/images/products/customvestments/collections.jpg)

Hey, this is a great idea for a mod! :)
 Darth_Yuthura
08-20-2008, 7:49 PM
Malak wore a suit that was of the opposite intent. Neither could be taken seriously with that rubbish!
 The Betrayer
08-20-2008, 8:14 PM
Nah, Malak's was pretty nice.
Hate the 2 robes though. They look like crap.
 Knight Of Honor
08-21-2008, 6:08 AM
I really like them. The first time i used them i feelt like they were weird. But when i last played the game, i feelt more comfortable, and my battle with Malak has never been better..
 HIGH ON PIE 14
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Malak wore a suit that was of the opposite intent. Neither could be taken seriously with that rubbish!

Malak can't be taken seriously no matter what he wears. :xp:

~HOP
 The Betrayer
08-24-2008, 8:07 AM
Tell me about it. Revan looks like he's wearing vestments:
http://www.gaspardinc.com/images/products/customvestments/collections.jpg)

Those robes are far better than the Star Forge robes.
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-24-2008, 3:51 PM
Those robes are a joke. I doubt anyone can stand them.
 DeadYorick
08-24-2008, 5:17 PM
I like them a lot actually.
 patient_zero
08-24-2008, 6:19 PM
They're so hideous... yet so useful. I would always try and pause just between killing Malak and his death cutscene starting so I would be able to wear something nicer in the end sequence.
 Revan 411
08-24-2008, 7:54 PM
The robes have good attributes and stuff, but there ugly as a Hutts butt. :P

Seiously, those robes have good sets, feats, attributes and stuff, but there very ugly and hideous.

Its like a dress..

But, they are useful when your battling Malak, and fighting loads after loads of dark jedi.
 HIGH ON PIE 14
08-24-2008, 9:54 PM
But, they are useful when your battling Malak, and fighting loads after loads of dark jedi.

Because the dark jedi laugh themselves stupid, and can't even stand. :xp:

~HOP
 Rtas Vadum
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Eh, i've always worn the robes on nearly every play through on my xbox version myself. Im just wishing they would at least have allowed you to wear something like the "Capeless Revan" mod, where the only difference between the cut-scene robes and the ones you have is no cape, and possibly a lowered hood untill the DS ending.
 The_Catto
01-12-2009, 9:05 AM
As D_Y said: I wish the DS version also provided the mask and hood.

That would have been pretty cool. Otherwise, I'm happy with wearing just my Dark Jedi Master robe.
 Darth_Yuthura
01-12-2009, 7:08 PM
They're so hideous... yet so useful. I would always try and pause just between killing Malak and his death cutscene starting so I would be able to wear something nicer in the end sequence.

I thought I was the only one to do that.

I favor the environmental protection suit tied with the electrical-capacitance belt makes you impervious to almost everything with special damage attributes.

Despite the dress's attributes, they're negligible since you don't have to worry about running out of Force energy. (all those dead jedi)
 Blix
01-12-2009, 9:44 PM
I've only ever gotten them once, and tbh they're not really all that worth it to continuously level up computer skills just to be able to get them. They're definitely not aethestically pleasing either, a good Revan's robes hack with same stats would suffice.
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
01-12-2009, 10:47 PM
blegh, star forge robes stink. i really like the robes revan wears in the cutscenes and i wish the sf robes had the same coloring, etc.

but does anyone think revan actually used them in canon?

in duron qel droma's vision revan was wearing some robes, but that could be excused as it just representing revan, and not it being exactly what he wore.
one instance that would be plausible is that the clothes he was wearing when he landed on the forge wouldve been ripped to shreds with all that intense fighting (imagine it in a movie, not the same kotor attacks again and again, but choreographed, insane fighting.), and he wouldve changed into these ones.
 Lord of Destruction
02-16-2009, 6:24 AM
The Star Forge robes are ugly, but the Revan's robes are cool

the only way the star forge robes are cool is if you change the color and make it have a hood
Page: 1 of 1