Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CMI + SCUMMVM HELP!

Page: 1 of 1
 swiftasaurus
08-18-2008, 2:46 PM
Oh God noooooo
I just played the whole first disc through on ScummVM and crashed, thus losing my save game! :(:(:(:(
This is not a good day.
Would anyone happen to have an early Disc 2 save... preferably after the sword fighting when you first arrive on Blood Island.
I'd be forever in your debt.
xxx
xxx
 Ray Jones
08-18-2008, 4:17 PM
The game rocks enough to go all the way again. And again. And again. :)
 swiftasaurus
08-18-2008, 4:32 PM
harsh but true...
 Ray Jones
08-18-2008, 5:17 PM
In this case you'll love the truth. :P Unfortunately, I only have non-scummvm save games of CoMI.
 LordTrilobite
08-18-2008, 6:05 PM
I just finished the game in scummVM.

tell me what save game state you need and I can send it to ya.

Edit: wait, how do I find the right save file?
I have a save which I hadn't done much but it is on Blood island.

I played with all the files on my pc btw, so I have no idea where the 2nd Cd starts
 Joshi
08-23-2008, 10:51 AM
The second CD starts just after you set sail and before you engage in insult sword fighting.

Also, the best thing for you to do would be to play the game, open up a saved game around there (if possible) and then save it again, but in a different save game slot, preferabely one that's very very far into the savegame "book". This way when swiftasaurus uses it, it won't overwrite any of his savegames.
 LordTrilobite
08-23-2008, 11:03 AM
But how do I find the file? I don't really see any obvious save game files in my ScummVM folder, it's all rather bland.
 Joshi
08-23-2008, 12:26 PM
Ah, okay, there I can't help, playing without scummvm I know they're very specifically named, but with scummvm, I can't remember where it saves stuff. It probably won't be in the scummvm folder, it may be wherever you've saved all your CMI files.
 LordTrilobite
08-23-2008, 7:21 PM
K, I found the save files, they seem to be named comi.s and then a number

here's my earliest save on blood island https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=Q01Fc2ZKYUl6NEkwTVE9PQ)

This link will expire in 7 days though, so be quick.
Page: 1 of 1