Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game Crashing & Freeze/Lag problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Luqkim
08-16-2008, 1:29 AM
Hi, I've been trying to replay Battlefront 2 now, and the game has been causing me lots of problems.

Whenever I start a battle, the game would go smoothly for about a few minutes.
Around 2 or 3 minutes of fighting later, the game suddenly starts to freeze or lags terribly and the game becomes totally unplayable.

Also, I can't seem to load Galactic Conquest or "Kashyyyk: First Line of Defence" mission, so I can't get pass that mission to continue the game.

I have both the CD and DVD versions of the game. I can play with the patch with the CD version, but the I cant patch the game with the DVD version (it'll keeps telling me I put in the Wrong Disc if I patch it).

Also, even if I do managed to finish a battle, the game will crash whenever I click "Done" and return me to my desktop.
 M@RS
08-16-2008, 11:18 AM
With the game crashing, I'm having the same problem, except it's only for the Instant Action Mos Eisley (weird) the freeze and lag, did you check to see that your computer is compatible with SWBF2...
 Luqkim
08-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah, my computer should be more than compatible for the game

Here are my specs:

AMD 64 Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor +4600 (2.4Ghz)
Leadtek WinFast PX9600GT
2GB DDR2-667 RAM

I'm using Windows XP and not Vista.
 M@RS
08-16-2008, 3:35 PM
Hmm, I'm using Vista...But, yeah your computer should run it just fine...have you tried uninstalling and installing again? And, do you have any mods?
 Luqkim
08-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I tried reinstalling it many times, and no I'm not using any mods.

:C
 TripHammer
08-18-2008, 8:48 AM
When running dual core you may have to turn one of the cores off. The game has a problem specifically with the AMD X2. The procedure to turn one core off when running the game can be found in the SWBF2 Tweakguide. It also has other CTD issues. It sometimes refers to the SWBF1 tweakguide, but that's because the engines are similar.

SWBF2 Tweakguide HERE (http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB2_1.html)

GL!
 M@RS
08-23-2008, 2:33 PM
I know the problem, try turning down your lighting quality in the video options, it worked for me :)
Page: 1 of 1