Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So i wonder if the "Force Unleashed for PC" Petition will ever be heard?

Page: 1 of 1
 Nicomon
08-10-2008, 4:55 PM
Those who don't know what i'm talking about, click the link below:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?g5d4iu5f)

Most of you that looked at the title propably are like "Sigh, not another one of these threads, it's NOT coming to PC so deal with it!"

Yeah, i know, however think about the things that could be missed if the game is not released on PC.

- Online Play. There are still many people playing good 'ol Jedi Knight 2 out there, even though the game was released 5 years ago! I admit the game is slowly starting to die, however without all the loyal people still playing the game, it would have died long ago.

- User made modifications. Those who aren't generally familiar with modifications, i'm gonna explain it shortly; Modifications are made to modify the game experience, changing the ingame textures, skins, weapons and pretty much everything you could think of. It's truly incredible how much more depth and fun they can add.

By the way, anybody here familiar with Diablo 3?

Well if you are even remotely connected to the Diablo 3 fanbase, you propably know that not too long ago Diablo fans started a online petition, concerning upcoming Diablo 3's colouring scheme.

Well that's beside the point, the point is that Blizzard Entertainment, the company responsible for Diablo, Starcraft and uh *cough* Warcraft Series heard the fan petition and answered to it, the petition was close to 50k signatures.

Now, the Force Unleashed one is something like 30k i believe.

I'm not saying that it is absolute that Lucas Arts might answer to this, and even if they do, it might not possibly be positive feedback.

But it's a great sign to see some game developers taking time to answer to the petitions.

Wow, i write too much.
 EnderWiggin
08-10-2008, 5:00 PM
Supposedly the reason that LA isn't making it for the PC is because a high percentage of the computers owned by users today would not be able to handle the intensity of the game. Because of that, there would only be a small amount of users able to play it, and as such, only a small amount of revenue from an expensive endeavor.

So, while it would be nice, the reasoning seems sound.

_EW_
 M@RS
08-10-2008, 5:06 PM
true, but the DS versoin doesn't have the best graphics, the one for PC could be like that, then LA could release a patch that increases game graphics for the people with better computers ;)
 Nicomon
08-10-2008, 5:11 PM
Supposedly the reason that LA isn't making it for the PC is because a high percentage of the computers owned by users today would not be able to handle the intensity of the game.

I heard something like that too. However they are still releasing it to weaker consoles, like PS2, I guess they don't like the idea of releasing a "weakened PS2ish" version of TFU to PC.

They must be thinking like, either release the whole package or don't release it at all.

I suppose they'll propably release it for PC in a couple of years, when the technology is better.

But still, leaving the PC out on a huge scale Star Wars game like this is disrespectful, it's like spitting in the face of all those loyal LA game fans who supported them from the day one.

I know i'm thinking too deeply about this but i just feel like i should speak my mind. :(
 RyuuKage
08-11-2008, 4:15 PM
you do realize that NONE of those petitions are ever heard? they're just there so the participants can feel some measure of having done something about it.
 Nicomon
08-15-2008, 2:29 PM
you do realize that NONE of those petitions are ever heard? they're just there so the participants can feel some measure of having done something about it.

I'm wondering here if you actually readed my post at all.

Blizzard Entertainment heard the fan petition and answered to it, even though the feedback from them was negative, they still did answer.
 LordOfTheFish
08-15-2008, 2:45 PM
I hope it does. The cost of computer's are so expensive now days, it's not astonishing that this happend.
 Ryazan
08-19-2008, 3:56 PM
How many people still have gaming computers nowadays? LA knows that in 2008, the population of PC gamers has diminished such that they would actually lose money if they produced a PC version. The only way to solve that problem would be to port it, but then all of you PC gamers out there would complain about it being a port, because it is not physically possible to satisfy you.
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-19-2008, 4:35 PM
Blizzard Entertainment heard the fan petition and answered to it, even though the feedback from them was negative, they still did answer.

You're forgeting something essential. LA is not Blizzard.

We're talking about a company that has quite a historic of ignoring their fans.
 Juno Eclipse
08-19-2008, 8:32 PM
Relax people! The creators of the game released August 15 that they will "think" about making a game for the PC. Doesn't mean they will, but it doesn't mean they won't either.
 ApexAftermath
08-21-2008, 12:11 AM
true, but the DS versoin doesn't have the best graphics, the one for PC could be like that, then LA could release a patch that increases game graphics for the people with better computers ;)

Theres a few reasons this just won't work.

They could just release the ps2 version to ensure the widest compatibility, but this would be selling the game short for people who do have gaming computers.
I hate to say it but your idea of "just patching the game to increase the graphics" is oversimplifying the issue. For the extra work it would take to make the game scale for any type of pc it would not be worth the delay or the increased spending involved. Lucasarts are trying to deliver the best experience possible on each system and for PCs it is just such a range of variables that it would be crazy.

Get a 360. They are much cheaper now and totally worth the money spent.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 2:51 PM
If you care enough about this game to start crying because it's not on PC, you can probably convince yourself to buy a console for this game. And even so, you guys got the good versions of the Doom series, the Half-Life series, and Spore, among many others. So don't throw tantrums like a 3-year-old just because you might not get this one game. What is yelling at us about it going to do anyway?

There we go.
 Nicomon
08-21-2008, 3:18 PM
Quoting yourself? Classy.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 3:21 PM
Well it was a very good argument that I posted in another thread of this persuasion. What would you have done? Memorized and retyped it?
Page: 1 of 1