Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Interesting Info On Jacob Nion Possiable Spoliers

Page: 1 of 1
 Jacob Nion
08-07-2008, 6:15 PM
Enjoy

Jacob Nion, codenamed Starkiller, was the son of the Jedi Kento Nion and another as yet unnamed female Jedi. He was a Human male secretly taken as an apprentice by Darth Vader from his father on Kashyyyk during the Great Jedi Purge. The Dark Lord trained him to kill Jedi who survived Order 66, and eventually stand with Vader to overthrow his own Master.

Nion was not always faithful to his Master, however. At one point, he received training from Jedi Master Rahm Kota and helped the "fallen" Jedi Maris Brood seek redemption. They eventually had an ultimate confrontation.

Jacob Nion was the son of Kento Nion and another Jedi.[1] His mother had been killed while defending Kashyyyk from Trandoshan slavers.[2]

As Darth Vader was about to deal the finishing blow on Kento, his lightsaber was pulled out of his hand. He turned around to find a young boy holding his lightsaber. He sensed that the boy had the potential to become the most powerful Force user in the galaxy. After killing his father, Vader saved the child's life when a clone commander tried to blast him.[3] Vader spent years training the young Human in the ways of the dark side, in secret, even from his own Master, Darth Sidious. Though skilled with many Force powers, such as telekinesis and Force lightning, he was a Sith apprentice in all but name. The Rule of Two prevented him from becoming Vader's official apprentice, as Vader himself occupied that position. This made Vader's apprentice officially nothing more than a Dark Jedi.

His existence was meant to be kept a secret, so he would make a point of leaving few witnesses to his work, going as far as eliminating Imperial stormtroopers who saw him in action.

When Vader deemed his training complete, he sent his apprentice on a series of trials. One of them was to participate in the Jedi Trials, metaphysical challenges, in the long-destroyed Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He landed on the Temple in a starship dubbed the Rogue Shadow. There, he wiped out stormtroopers and other Imperials who were blocking his way while guarding the Temple. Further into the Temple, he confronted the spirits of long dead Jedi and Sith, as well as encountering the holocron of a Sith Lord named Darth Phobos and her apprentice, Darth Desolous.[4]

When his trials were complete, Nion was finally given his first true test to hunt down a single rogue Jedi, Rahm Kota, in a TIE Fighter Construction Facility over Nar Shaddaa. Vader told him that there could be no witnessess, including those who were Imperial stormtroopers. It was hoped that this and many other 'extermination' missions would deem him ready to stand with the Dark Lord to confront and destroy Palpatine.

Before he left for Nar Shaddaa, he met Juno Eclipse, the new pilot of his ship, the Rogue Shadow. He was accompanied by his long-time droid companion PROXY as well.

During Nion's duel with Kota, Kota used the Force to split the Construction Facility in half, changing the gravity and making what was the wall the floor.[1] At the climax of their duel, before the apprentice could finish off the Jedi, Kota said in a rather cryptic manner that he could see the young man's future, and in it all he could see was himself. He also said Nion would not always be Vader's servant.[1]

Nion kisses Juno Eclipse.Nion seriously injured Kota, and finished the duel by using the Force to push him through a glass floor, sending him plummeting toward the surface of Nar Shaddaa

Nion hunted many other Jedi and Rebel targets soon after. He visited Felucia multiple times hunting for the Alderaanian senator Bail Prestor Organa, and the Togruta Jedi Master Shaak Ti. During his hunt for the senator from Alderaan he encountered Maris Brood,[1] who was intent on avenging her Master. Darth Vader also sent him to the wasteland of Raxus Prime to hunt down Kazdan Paratus. However, as time wore on, he became less of an assassin. While doing Vader's bidding, he discovered clues to his own long buried past,[5] fell in love with Juno Eclipse, and helped the fallen Jedi Maris Brood seek redemption. He eventually learned under Master Kota, whose death over Nar Shaddaa had never been confirmed as the Jedi had been last seen falling from the facility towards the moon's surface

Unbeknown to him, the Emperor's spies had followed him back from Raxus Prime to his rendezvous point, the under-construction Executor. Darth Vader told his apprentice that they were now ready to confront the Emperor together, but as Nion turned around to leave, he was stabbed in the back by the very man who raised him. Darth Sidious commanded his apprentice via holocom to finish off Nion.[1]

Nion would eventually duel Darth Vader on the first Death Star
Jacob Nion was extremely strong in the Force, and had the potential to be one of the most powerful Force users who ever existed. He was trained to use the Force to its limitations, being an unstoppable force. He was powerful enough to stop a guideless Star Destroyer from crashing on the surface of Raxus Prime.[1] While a normal Jedi would use a simple mind trick to get past a few stormtroopers, the apprentice might use the Force to bring down a building on top of them. He was also proficient with Force powers such as Force lightning, Force push, and Force repusle

He has been said to be what Luke Skywalker would have been if he had joined Darth Vader
 Nicomon
08-09-2008, 2:20 PM
Interesting, although i've been hearing that The Apprentice's real name is not Jacob Nion, but Galen Marek.

EDIT: http://www.forceunleashed.org/tag/jacob-nion/)
 Jacob Nion
08-09-2008, 2:48 PM
That is what I heard this morning. All to confusing.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-10-2008, 4:37 PM
Why dont we just wait for the game to come out....
 Ztalker
08-11-2008, 9:37 AM
Copy/pasting Wookieepedia...with all the respect, people can look this up themselves, or you could have provided a link to the article in one of the other threads about the subject...
 Jacob Nion
08-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Here is th elink again. Just type in Jacob Nion. Here you go.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page)
 Jacob Nion
08-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Sorry guys I got the wrong name mixed up. I thought it was Jacob Nionbut that was his name in the German Book. His name in the Amercian version is Galen Marek
 Nicomon
08-13-2008, 10:49 AM
I wonder why Germans would change the name of a character?
 adamqd
08-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Well the name Galen is Greek it means Calm, Marek is of course Polish it means Warlike, I'm guessing it's to signify the ol' star wars Light vs Dark, I dont know why the germans would change it though
 Prime
08-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Sorry guys I got the wrong name mixed up. I thought it was Jacob Nionbut that was his name in the German Book. His name in the Amercian version is Galen MarekDoes that mean your username just became pointless? :D
 Jacob Nion
08-13-2008, 11:56 AM
no not at all. I still think it is Jacob Nion
 Aku
08-13-2008, 12:59 PM
What page is that picture showing the real name on anyway?

The reason people in Sweden already can get this (I bought it just today and love it, three chapters in) is because a certain store here in Stockholm put it up on their shelves right after they got it, rather than sticking to the street date.
In fact, they even list the release date as Augist 19th on their website and when I called them about it before heading in to town, the guy just told me it's up for sale regardless xD

Basically, it sounds like they're being lazy.
I can assure you that this is no localized version though.
It's the US version of the book. That specific store is awesome because they make sure to stock both new and old english versions of lots of big series =P
Page: 1 of 1