Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Demo Release for 360

Page: 1 of 1
 Jacob Nion
08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Hello please don't flame me for this but I was just wondering does anyone know what the release date is for the demo this month?
 Boba Rhett
08-06-2008, 1:17 PM
As far as I know, sometime this month is all that's been said.
 Jacob Nion
08-06-2008, 1:23 PM
OK. Look forward to playing it. I can't wait.
 hk47
08-06-2008, 1:26 PM
it will probably be at the end of the month so they leave people in suspense for the next few weeks and then more suspense for the next few weeks after that :(
 Jacob Nion
08-06-2008, 1:53 PM
ok that makes sinse.
 darthclydefrog
08-06-2008, 2:19 PM
it will probably be at the end of the month so they leave people in suspense for the next few weeks and then more suspense for the next few weeks after that :(

The end of the month is only sixteen days away from the launch of the game.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=64673)

The timing of a demo releasing at the end of August does makes since. Take a break from Too Human and hope they can pull this game off. With so much to play this year I'll be glad to get a demo of this one to try it out before I buy.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-06-2008, 5:41 PM
I didn't realize a demo was coming! Cant wait!
 Jacob Nion
08-06-2008, 8:22 PM
It is going to be awsome. It will be out sometime this month.
 MacTavish
08-07-2008, 9:51 PM
Does anyone know if it will be obtainable through the Xbox Live Marketplace?
 Jacob Nion
08-07-2008, 10:04 PM
as far as I know it will be yes. Nice to meet you Ronin I am Jacon Nion.
 MacTavish
08-07-2008, 10:08 PM
as far as I know it will be yes. Nice to meet you Ronin I am Jacon Nion.

Nice to meet you Jacob, and thanks for the info. :waive1:
 Jacob Nion
08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Your welcome. I look forward to the demo. It is going to be awsome.
 Jacob Nion
08-08-2008, 5:16 PM
Hey all I just found out from a friend about the demo. It shouldbe released next week or the week after. Just an update.
 DarthZayne
08-08-2008, 8:53 PM
sorry but I dont know how many times I heard "I heard from a friend".
That bull****.
 Jacob Nion
08-08-2008, 8:58 PM
My friend is pretty well connected.
 DarthZayne
08-08-2008, 9:09 PM
I make a deal with you , if the next week that demo doesn't come out , i ask you to left that forum for ever and never comeback.

If i'm wrong ill do the same plus ill give you 20 $ by paypal ?

Your a liar.

I'm working for devlopers myself and I cant even know when a demo will come out of a game that I test every days for months. Only the marketing departement that are only pile of DNA contracts knows about those things. Lead Testers tell us tester about the demo about a week before the demo comes out , the exceptions are the Dev Tester team that work 3 feets from the devlopers, that actualy test the demo before release.

Now please get lost , I cant stand those lying morons that are trying to get attention.

I suggest you read the rules before posting again.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=178956)

It's the first one, so it won't be hard for you to find. Don't let it happen again. - Cz
 Jacob Nion
08-08-2008, 9:15 PM
I am not a moron. Seconded I just saying that my friend who manages a game store was told that. That is all I am saying. No need to be mean man.
 MacTavish
08-08-2008, 10:21 PM
@Darth Zayne- Geez, cut the guy some slack. Even if he does lose the bet (which I think is ridiculous) you can't just make him leave. In fact, I think the mods would make you leave for talking to him like that.
 Jason Skywalker
08-09-2008, 8:00 AM
Lolwut? The "i'm a tester" is even more pathetic than the "i heard from a friend". What Jacob said is more believable than what you said.
 DarthZayne
08-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Lolwut? The "i'm a tester" is even more pathetic than the "i heard from a friend". What Jacob said is more believable than what you said.

so what can say pathetic but not a liar on that forum.

alright and i also want to know in what been a tester is pathetic , or your telling me that im pathetic to say im a tester because you think i'm not , that because you missed my proof , i posted 2 picture with my employe access card .

The moderators just deleted them for some reason.
 adamqd
08-09-2008, 10:45 AM
 Jacob Nion
08-09-2008, 11:32 AM
that is an awsome video you posted
 Jason Skywalker
08-10-2008, 5:00 AM
so what can say pathetic but not a liar on that forum.

alright and i also want to know in what been a tester is pathetic , or your telling me that im pathetic to say im a tester because you think i'm not , that because you missed my proof , i posted 2 picture with my employe access card .

The moderators just deleted them for some reason.

You're an Ubisoft tester then. What is Ubisoft doing for TFU?
 Jacob Nion
08-10-2008, 9:57 AM
Hey guys I just founf out the demo will be out this Thursday August 14th for the Xbox 360. That is great news.

Here is the link.
http://talkplaystation.com/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-demo-this-thursday/)
 Nicomon
08-10-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks alot for the information, Jacob!

I'm sure there's gonna be a huge traffic on Xbox Marketplace on the day it's released. :)
 Jacob Nion
08-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Your welcome. I glad I can help out the community. I bet it will be very busy for xbox live.
 EnderWiggin
08-10-2008, 3:16 PM
Cool. I don't have a 360, but luckily I've got a buddy who does. Means I'll be spending some time over there once this comes out.

_EW_
 GeneralPloKoon
08-10-2008, 4:35 PM
Excellent....excellent...muhahahahahaha!
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-10-2008, 8:08 PM
Thanks Jacob. I need to get Live ASAP.
 Ali1392
08-10-2008, 8:27 PM
heres something for you from the mods at lucasarts
http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=133574&start=15)
 DarthZayne
08-10-2008, 9:32 PM
You're an Ubisoft tester then. What is Ubisoft doing for TFU?

What kind of argument is that ?
you tell me im pathetic to claim that my job is QA.
Whatever lol.Ubi and LA worked together in the past on projects like Episode iii.The QA works all the same in every devlopers departement.Untill you know what your talking about do not argue with me about something you dont even know about and telling that i'm pathetic or a liar witout knowing me.

I'm not the one whos pathetic right here.

About the demo , no demo this week (14 august) . G4TV is showing the demo content but they maybe will annonce the playable demo.
 Jacob Nion
08-10-2008, 10:32 PM
This is why I thought the demo was coming out this week on Thursday. Here is the link.My fault. I must of misunderstood what was said in this link. Sorry. Looks like the link is now gone.
http://talkplaystation.com/star-wars...this-thursday/)
 GeneralPloKoon
08-10-2008, 10:36 PM
.....=(
 Jacob Nion
08-10-2008, 11:46 PM
I thought them demo was released on thursday of this week due to this here.

http://talkplaystation.com/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-demo-this-thursday/)
 Bomberman65
08-11-2008, 3:14 AM
I'm just glad a demo's comming out. Its kool it'll have a secret ending only on the demo. Its also comming out on the PSN too just to let you guys know. Seeing as it'll have content only on the demo it'll be staying on my ps3 for a long time lol.
Hope it comes out soon I'm itching to play it.
 Jacob Nion
08-11-2008, 10:44 AM
I know Iam deffently going to have to download it for both systems.
 Jacob Nion
08-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Hey all I just found out the demo for the Force Unleashed is not this week. What happened is X-Play had said in there show that the demo was going to comeout this Thursday. Well it so happens they were feed the wrong info. As many of you know there is a Special Force Unleashed edition of X-Play this Thursday at 8:00 were they get to have a hands on with the demo. I have heard that they may possiably announce Thursday night when the demo will be released. Sorry for thinking it was this Thursday guys. I just went off of what the show had said. It may be possiably next week it comes out. I guess we will have to wait and see what they say on the special thursday night at 8:00 on G4.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-11-2008, 7:12 PM
I'm not watching G4....
 Jacob Nion
08-11-2008, 8:22 PM
I'm not watching G4....

If you don't mind me asking why not. Is it because of spoliers?
 Jason Skywalker
08-12-2008, 7:03 AM
What kind of argument is that ?
you tell me im pathetic to claim that my job is QA.
Whatever lol.Ubi and LA worked together in the past on projects like Episode iii.The QA works all the same in every devlopers departement.Untill you know what your talking about do not argue with me about something you dont even know about and telling that i'm pathetic or a liar witout knowing me.

I'm not the one whos pathetic right here.

You still haven't answered me. What is Ubisoft doing for TFU?
 DarthZayne
08-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Like we ( UBI ) did with soul calibur iv , Episode III wich UBI devloped.

I'm on DNA I cannot say anything about TFU and Ubisoft.

LA and Ubisoft are partners and we test project of each others.
If you pick up any SW games and you read the credit you can see that 99% of their game have been tested by us at ubisoft montreal.

Ubisoft devloped

SW : bounty hunter
SW : episode iii
SW : lethal alliance.

we tested almost every games they LA produce and we not the only one company that LA give contract.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-12-2008, 5:53 PM
If you don't mind me asking why not. Is it because of spoliers?

Its becasue G4 is bad.
And stop the arguing people!
 Chase Aveross
08-12-2008, 5:57 PM
Not that a don't believe you darth but if you are in the business, I believe the correct abbreviation is NDA for non-disclosure agreement, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't mean to start a fight I just don't understand it when some people lie on the internet, just saying that in general.

Also, you state that you can't talk about testing TFU, my brother is an actual programmer for a small video game company, nothing notable they usually work on helping people with there games. The average part to an NDA says you can't talk about even being in it, or even seeing it, my brother of course only told me once he was done with the game. This is the internet after all, and its not worth losing a job over.
 Boba Rhett
08-13-2008, 12:54 AM
You're correct, Chase, It is a Non Disclosure Agreement and not DNA. Odds are that if he's not sure what it stands for, he doesn't know what it says he can and can't say.
 DarthZayne
08-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I know what NDA stands for thanks you , when i think NDA for some reason i think DNA.

And yes i know what i cannot say and what i can say.

i can tell that im working on X project but i cannot give any technical information on the game. ( but the game have to been officialy annonced before telling that im working on it )

I can says almost everything i want once the game is released but no technical informations like bugs and flaws.

as for your friend , all the NDA contracts are not the same like third party QA and regular QA none are the same and trust me i know my contract and i know what i can say and cannot say.

I'm currently working on Farcry 2 for ubisoft and my name will be in the credits.
Page: 1 of 1