Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This Is What They Meant By Different Ending

Page: 1 of 1
 Jacob Nion
08-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey everyone there was an interview with Hayden Blackman that there was going to be a different ending to the demo. Here it is.

"We added a new enemy at the end of the demo that players normally won't encounter at that exact location so that players get a taste for what it's like fighting a bigger unit."

So here is what I think. I think what it is is not a Jedi but something much bigger in size. What do you guys think it is?
 hk47
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
they probably wont give any jedi fights in the demo because its one of the better things in the game it will probably be a rancor or more likely an AT-ST since its a tie construction factiliy
 Jacob Nion
08-06-2008, 12:52 PM
That could be. I was thinking it was maybe a Star Destroyer
 M@RS
08-06-2008, 1:16 PM
hmm, I don't think you'll actually be able to pull star destroyers out of the sky in the game, but you could take one down from the inside, by destroying the generator or something...
 Jacob Nion
08-06-2008, 1:20 PM
That would be awsome.
 Darth Moeller
08-06-2008, 1:28 PM
hmm, I don't think you'll actually be able to pull star destroyers out of the sky in the game, but you could take one down from the inside, by destroying the generator or something...I don't remember where I heard but I know that its been said you will actually get to pull a Star Destroyer down like in the trailer in the game.
 M@RS
08-06-2008, 4:46 PM
hmm, that would be awesome, I hope I'm wrong...
 Ali1392
08-06-2008, 5:25 PM
if this demo come out it will be pay to download right?
It will probly be an AT-ST or maybe an AT-AT which would rock
 M@RS
08-06-2008, 6:20 PM
I wonder if it's a heavily armored boss...
 Juno Eclipse
08-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I wonder if it's a heavily armored boss...

The version you get determines how powerful that boss is (AT-ST)

The Wii is like a AT-ST from Battlefront with more health, the Xbox 360 and PS3 AT-ST has an additional chaingun and rocket launcher. U also kill them in different ways....
 Ryazan
08-20-2008, 3:42 PM
I wish there were a boss level where you were on top of a Star Destroyer with some kind of anti-Force shielding and you would have to avoid the turrets and disable the shields before you could get off and pull it down.
 ApexAftermath
08-20-2008, 11:41 PM
if this demo come out it will be pay to download right?
It will probly be an AT-ST or maybe an AT-AT which would rock

No the demo will be free. They would be insane to charge for a demo....although I know people would pay for it because most people have no restraint when presented with a situation like this.
 Ali1392
08-21-2008, 2:18 AM
ah cool i dont use the PS3 store much so i didnt know if they charged you for demos on there
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 2:20 AM
No you do pull down a Star Destroyer. In the latest world premier trailer it shows him for maybe one second looking at a destroyer in game waving his hands down.
 Jacob Nion
08-21-2008, 9:04 AM
Can you post a pic of it? I want it as wallpaper please.
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Can you post a pic of it? I want it as wallpaper please.

Yeah I can get you that later today, I'll just make a wallpaper out of the video(<3 print screen).
 Jacob Nion
08-21-2008, 12:26 PM
that would be awsome thank you.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 1:43 PM
No you do pull down a Star Destroyer. In the latest world premier trailer it shows him for maybe one second looking at a destroyer in game waving his hands down.

Good god.

Do you understand what a cutscene is?

Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry that I sound like this, but I'm getting sick of explaining that it may be a cutscene.

as in YOU SEE HIM DO IT IN A MOVIE CLIP OVER WHICH YOU HAVE NO CONTROL.

I don't know how i can make it any clearer. I just don't know.
 Tomak Ta-Zak
08-21-2008, 2:32 PM
that would be awsome thank you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/Rex4Ever/stardestroyer.jpg)

That is the best I can do =/, paint haha.
Good god.

Do you understand what a cutscene is?

Jesus Christ.

I'm sorry that I sound like this, but I'm getting sick of explaining that it may be a cutscene.

as in YOU SEE HIM DO IT IN A MOVIE CLIP OVER WHICH YOU HAVE NO CONTROL.

I don't know how i can make it any clearer. I just don't know.

Ok sorry for not clarifying, ITS CG FOOTAGE. Whatever who knows maybe you take in some role beforehand and it just shows the rest in CG. Don't need to get mad about it.
 Ryazan
08-21-2008, 2:37 PM
I wasn't getting mad at you specifically, it's just that I only registered here like three days ago and I already had to explain it about four or five times.
 m3t4lh34d
08-23-2008, 3:00 AM
I wasn't getting mad at you specifically, it's just that I only registered here like three days ago and I already had to explain it about four or five times.

Just so you know, you can actually do this in game, it was announced by the developers in one of the very first interviews, vid link here http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30126.html) (you should really make sure your right before preaching it)

So tbh i think you owe the guy an apology,
 Da_Man_2423
08-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, the footage you see of a Star Destroyer coming down is clearly not actual gameplay footage of you doing it yourself (there's no interface or anything). I'm also not sure if the engine is capable of rendering a Star Destroyer completely to scale during gameplay.
 m3t4lh34d
08-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Well, the footage you see of a Star Destroyer coming down is clearly not actual gameplay footage of you doing it yourself (there's no interface or anything). I'm also not sure if the engine is capable of rendering a Star Destroyer completely to scale during gameplay.

This doesn't change the fact that you can do it
Page: 1 of 1