Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefront III wishlist.

Page: 1 of 1
 shukkoku
07-31-2008, 10:04 PM
:) I want to hear what people want in battlefront III.
post anything but try not to repeat anything said in the thread, but you can agree and give your own oppinions.
a few things i want.
---------------------
customizable weapons for units. ex: increasing or decreaing the size of clip or strengh of weapon by decreasing the rate of fire or accuracy. and variations for different weapons.

designing armor for the units. ex: giving units different helmets markings to personalize your troops.

a map creator/ editor like in halo 3, with many options like speed, gravity, etc

a realistic life system. ex: you have shield/armor (maybe reggen) and health. i suggest that if you run out of shield/armor you die in a few hits.

DMM and Euforia. the systems theyre using in the force unleashed. this would really add to gameplay realism, ex: if you shoot a clone in the leg he trips and cant run for a few seconds. or if you shoot the hand he will drop his gun.

Picking up guns, so if you run out of ammo you can pick up a different gun and keep fighting. and you should only be able to hold one primary weapon so its realistic.

Melee attack. adding a melee attack would be awesome ex: a droid gets too close so you press that button and you hit it with the butt of your rifle. or maybe melee combos. like staying in first person and knoking it down and shooting it close up in the back one hit kill

climbing. using assasins creed like climbing to get on a building or tower and sniping or shooting down a tank. or possibly running away and jumping a wall for cover.

a cover system. making the game more strategic ex: you run and slap your back against a wall and spraying some blind fire. or rolling up to a barracade and laying down then springing up and shooting like mad.

better lightsaber combat, like something from jedi knight 3 instead of premade combos. and lightsaber blocking/deflecting should NOT take stamina and lightsabers should be a hands down one or two hit kill

add a better H.U.D (heads up display) or (helmet uplink display) make it more like star wars ex: you see a droid. it scans for a second then you see its health model possibly weapons and stats like that.

more speach. have the clones or droids speak and give orders ex: follow me! or watch my back i'm flanking them! something for each situation

give them MUCH better A.I, i would like moves that make sense. ex: if you're entering a room clones guard either side and watch your back. or taking cover and darting from trees firing in a pattern.

I/m done for now so add anything or critisize anything. anything BUT spelling:)
 Bokken
08-01-2008, 1:20 AM
Oh God, not another one...you got some very good ideas, though. I don't quite agree with the no-stamina-required for the block. I agree that you shouldn't just have drained stamina by holding up your saber, but actually blocking the projectiles should take up either the same or half the amount of health that getting hit would on the stamina bar. If that confused you, simplified:
No auto-degen, (Rocket Damage) == 50% or 100% of stamina, same with everything else...either the same on stamina as health or 1/2 stamina as health.

I think that there's only so much that you can do with the AI, and if they spend too much time trying to actually create Artificial Intelligence rather than the customary Natural Stupidity, the game would take even longer to come out for PC...and we don't want a game that's too large.

I think it's pretty much a common agreement that you should be able to plunder weapons, although the skill with the weapon should depend on the class. For example, an Engineer should have very little skill with a sniper rifle, perhaps increasing mouse sensitivity...I don't know how they'd do that, and it's actually a pretty unreasonable request. An alternative would be to only plunder weapons from your own class or equivalent of your own.

Designing isn't too big of a deal for me, the movies have already come out, so some of the looks are already set, and you shouldn't only be able to customize certain units (the ones not seen in the movies). Now, perhaps a point-based system could work for designing a completely unique soldier. But, the original classes should just be left alone.

To elaborate on my suggestion, you could start with, for example, 2,000 points. Each weapon would have a certain number of points attached to it...let's say that the Sniper Rifle was worth 500. The value of the Sniper Rifle would be deducted from the point total, leaving you with 1,500. I have a feeling that somebody is going to comment on the fact that I did the math...
Also, certain features should cost points, too...example, the cloth on a Heavy Trooper, coloration (say, five points per color used), visor shape, things such as that.

A Melee attack really should have already been added, but, being lazy as usual, the developers left it out in SWBF2...so, hopefully, in this game, they will realize that a soldier is not going to fire a pistol at an enemy when they run into them around the corner.

I myself like the HUD from the Unofficial 1.2 Patch, but I can see what you mean. That's not the kind of HUD you'd expect. The HUD's already out now make it seem like it is for the player's benefit, which makes no sense since the game is an FPS. I wouldn't mind a 1st Person cockpit HUD with features such as
Are you locked on?
Is an enemy locked on to you?
Is there an enemy behind you?
Attitude Indicator...don't know how that would work in Space, but they could still add it.
Again, things such as that.

I'm not sure about it, but since the game is already supposedly announced to be out sometime in March 2009 on all platforms BUT PC, I think that it's safe to say that the developers are either working on it behind the other projects or have yet to start working on it at all. So, there's still time for them to mend their ways...I hope.
 shukkoku
08-01-2008, 1:52 PM
yes I know that there are many wish lists out there but I mostly wanted to know if mine was to be well received, or trashed or even added to. what I didn't expect was a well put together argument that made me realize how little thought i had put into some of the aspects on my list.
but Firstly, I forgot something. more modes, like no vehicle mode, ammo mode, etc. And I do know that this would increase the wait but I personally think that if they had to delay the release date for this, i wouldn't complain.

Something else I forgot to mention. having more single player campaigns like through the old republic and new republic. playing as the old republic in the old republic and the new republic in the new republic. this would also give alot of new maps and more factions. Now that's something I've dreamed of

and the A.I issue is a bit of a reach seeing as the expectations are so high for this game and that they will be working on so much that they might leave it out. But I'm thinking back to SWBF II and thinking of some of the awful glitches or stupidity in the NPCs.

taking weapons was actually an argument me and my friend had and he used close to the same arguments you used, as you said I agree with some units being impaired with certain weapons. And I think they could make that work. another example for the engineer with sniper rifle, perhaps they could sway the scope for unsteady hands with that weapon. Bur I still think its a good idea even if its just picking up grenades or pistols.

I think that yes the 501st should remain as they were but I'm talking about the E.U if they use it in other legions from the republic or others. and yes the looks have been set, but there are the commanders who customize they're armor, and I think that they're should be a bit of custom. even if its just making your own region for instant action or galactic conquest.

And when i say the blocking should not take away stamina i mean if your just holding block without getting hit your stamina should not go down. if your getting shot that's a different story, i should have made that more clear in my first post. plus i think that instead of deflecting missiles you should be able to force push them.

I certainly hope it's coming for PC. especially since that and the wii are the only platforms i have.
Thanks for posting a great argument and I hope to god that SWBF III wil live up to expectations
 Bokken
08-01-2008, 2:55 PM
Between the two of us, I think that some good points have been made. Anyone else?
 jawathehutt
08-01-2008, 3:44 PM
taking weapons was actually an argument me and my friend had and he used close to the same arguments you used, as you said I agree with some units being impaired with certain weapons. And I think they could make that work. another example for the engineer with sniper rifle, perhaps they could sway the scope for unsteady hands with that weapon. Bur I still think its a good idea even if its just picking up grenades or pistols.

Why not just do it like the battle field games where when you pick up an enemies kit, you become their class, thus taking away the need to spend an extra month just to balance out every weapons effect on every class.

And when i say the blocking should not take away stamina i mean if your just holding block without getting hit your stamina should not go down. if your getting shot that's a different story, i should have made that more clear in my first post. plus i think that instead of deflecting missiles you should be able to force push them.

Dont you think that jedi are overpowered enough, making it so that they can just leave block pressed down and be immune to every single sniper just makes them more of a cheap and overpowered class.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Sure is alot to read, I like most of your ideas, but no heroes!!!
 shukkoku
08-02-2008, 2:17 PM
I personally like the idea of heroes. And I think that some people are being unjust when they compare heroes to normal units, the idea of a hero is to give you a great upper hand in a fight if you need it. I usually don't use heroes because I like a fair fight and prefer blaster weapons. Also I can't stand the lightsaber attack system.
That said i think that they should make more gun heroes, perhaps clone commanders.

And jedi are ment to be overpowered. THEY'RE JEDI, but the bloking system could be improved. maybe they could incorporate chance.
ex: every shot has an X chance of hitting the jedi in block. the more shots the jedi has to block in a set ammount of time adds to the chance of hitting the jedi.
 jawathehutt
08-02-2008, 8:59 PM
I personally like the idea of heroes. And I think that some people are being unjust when they compare heroes to normal units, the idea of a hero is to give you a great upper hand in a fight if you need it. I usually don't use heroes because I like a fair fight and prefer blaster weapons. Also I can't stand the lightsaber attack system.
That said i think that they should make more gun heroes, perhaps clone commanders.

And jedi are ment to be overpowered. THEY'RE JEDI, but the bloking system could be improved. maybe they could incorporate chance.
ex: every shot has an X chance of hitting the jedi in block. the more shots the jedi has to block in a set ammount of time adds to the chance of hitting the jedi.
Except when you have heroes, you probably dont need an upper hand. If youve ever played online, the people with heroes are normally the people who are sitting in tanks spawn killing the hell out of the other team, and winning without using a bit of skill, unless you consider pressing the alt attack to shoot rockets or throw the saber skill.
 Bokken
08-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Well, you've got to know when to shoot the rockets so that you kill the max number of people...
And Jedi have to watch their stamina. Poor guys.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-03-2008, 4:45 PM
Heroes seem to be over powered in Battlefront II, thats why i think there should be normal Jedi and Sith unit types, they would still jump high and "super sprint", but they would have health and have less stamina, less force/sprint time, but be a soldier. Many Jedi in the Clone Wars were just normal units except for most Jedi Knights and all Masters. The units would be padawans not as strong, instead of sith maybe they would be called dark jedi, there were many dark jedi on the side of the CIS and Empire.
 shukkoku
08-03-2008, 11:10 PM
actually there were very FEW dark jedi that surfaced before the empire was overthrown
 jawathehutt
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
like bf2 really bothers with cannon anyways, there were also very few jedi who were vampires that healed when they killed enemies.
 shukkoku
08-04-2008, 1:07 AM
lolol so true
 GeneralPloKoon
08-04-2008, 4:34 AM
What I meant by dark jedi is the many jedi that joined Count Dooku during the Clone Wars, they could be normal units!
 Drynos
08-12-2008, 6:36 AM
Just read a post that gave me an idea... With heroes. on BFII, you had to get so many points to unlock droidekas and etc, could they do the same thing to get extra classes: Republic - Clone Commander (sub-hero), Empire - Bounty Hunter (?) (Sub-hero), CIS - Magnaguard with pike (?) (Sub-hero), Rebels - Smuggler (space) (Sub-Hero) (This hero starts on board main ship in private hangar where a YT-1300, Firespray, or otherwise is?)

Of course, the Sub-Hero's are just that, Important people from the films but no names.

Now for Heroes....

Empire - Darth Vader (Space or Land) - Modified TIE, or Plain ol' BA Vader.
Darth Sidious (Land) - Sidious....what more to say?
Boba Fett (Land or Space) - Slave I in space?
General Veers (Land, somewhere like Hoth) - Personal AT-AT? Yes, why thanks!
(Added thought: Mara Jade? Emperor's Hand could be fun...)

Republic - Any number of jedi, but...
Mace Windu (Land)
Anakin Skywalker (Space)
Obi-Wan (Space or Land)
Commander Cody (Land)

Rebels - Luke Skywalker (Land or Space) (DUH!)
Wedge Antilles (Space)
Tycho Celchu (Land)
Leia (Land)
Han (Space) - Someone PLEASE add bigger ships than starfighters.

CIS - Darth Tyranus (Land)
Darth Maul (Space or Land)
General Grievous (Land)
Really the only heroes CIS had, unless you count Palpy....

Anyways....Heroes in Space would be nice.
 TripHammer
08-12-2008, 9:03 AM
My wish... bring back the prone position !!!!!
 Rinku
08-12-2008, 9:34 AM
Good ideas, even though it is a lot to read. :lol:

I have some ideas to

Busting into or hijacking vehicles that the enemy are driving - like in halo so this way if you have one of those enemy that drives around spamming you can get in and either take it over or blow the thing up

Realistic reinforcement count - for some battles one side should have more than the other like in real wars, not this give each side the same amount (but if you choose to be the side with more units then the difficulty level is automatically increased and decreased if you choose the side with less)

Sides - lets get some pre clone wars side and some post clone wars in in, maybe like the Mandolorians in, the Sith, or the remnant of the empire led by Admiral Thrawn. You could play as the Chiss fighting their enemies (whatever they were called [I forget])

Single player Campaigns - You could play as the rouge Stormtroopers from the book Alliance and take up their missions. Have a smuggler campaign. Fighting against the cloned emperor. Have total jedi campaigns

Maps - have battles from the Mandolorian wars, the Great Sith wars, stuff like that (pre clone wars to new republic w/remnant of the emipre) have all jedi battles

In first post there was a mentioned customizable armor for the units - you could do stuff like in the Custom Commando Project thread (ie. they provide some editing device where you can design the armor and/or color it via the computer [but it has to work on all computers!] and then load it into the game) but what would be special about this is that when you play offline only you have this customized armor (DUH!!)

A broader range of weapons would be nice (only appropriate to the time period) - customizable to your unit (each NPC has a random combination of weapons appropriate to their class/type)

DMM and Euphoria (again) but if this make the game to big then they could use a watered down version of Euphoria called Rag Doll but DMM would be a must - it would be cool to blast a hole through the connector bridge to the Extractor on Bespin making it a bit hard for the enemy to get across. Or to blow a hole through a wall creating a new entrance/exit.

Map maker/ editor (agian) - make maps and edit already made maps

Larger Scale battles in space
 SamSlayer83
08-12-2008, 10:41 AM
A few things I would like to see in SWBF3 are either multiple starships or ability to fly into the frigits. It would be cool for you to have to own a planet you would have to own the space and the ground like in SWEAW, or you could go from a space battle to the ground battle if you fly into the frigit and get into a transport to fly down to the planet. This may be too out of reach.

I like the multiple starships idea and having more rooms in the capitol ships. Also, i liked the droid in SWBF1 that repairs your vehicles. Maybe a special starfighter that can be cloaked for transport means(maybe to even the disadvantage you could put weak weapons and no missles.)

It might be cool to be able to fire a starfighter inside of the hanger, but no missles.

I've wanted melee for a while and liked the ability to hijack in Halo 3 and the fusion cutter just doesn't cut it for slicing into the other vehicle.(No pun intended) I think it takes to long. The custumizable armour and weapons would be cool like in COD4.(But know perks.)
 Bs|Rogue52
08-12-2008, 11:43 AM
My wish... bring back the prone position !!!!!

I love how in CoD4 you can just drop down in the grass and go almost invisible unless the person is right in front of you.
 Rinku
08-12-2008, 1:08 PM
A few things I would like to see in SWBF3 are either multiple starships or ability to fly into the frigits. It would be cool for you to have to own a planet you would have to own the space and the ground like in SWEAW, or you could go from a space battle to the ground battle if you fly into the frigit and get into a transport to fly down to the planet. This may be too out of reach. <snip>

That is a great idea a ground and space battle combined!!
 RC-1183
08-12-2008, 2:32 PM
ya and u could pick ANY class of soldier not just pilot or marine like say u were online and ur friend was a pilot then u pick infantry another guy sniper another AA or watever then you all load up into at LaaT/c not i put the cargo version of the larty if they had one of those u could hold more troops not just the pilot and 3 gunners u could have those AND troops in the cargo bay
 Darth Eclipse
09-25-2008, 8:03 AM
Sorry, but I didn't have time to read all of the posts so I probably repeated a lot of stuff other people said.

I would like to have underwater battles, better graphics, be able to customize almost EVERYTHING on a person, better space battles with more things to do, more weapons, more places that you can do the Hunt mode, being able to have different units on different planets (like on Coruscant the Empire gets Imperial Gaurds,) more neutral enemies, more enemies that pick a side to fight for (like the Geonosians and the CIS,) more units, and more maps. :saberb: I am sure everyone would want all of that stuff though.
 GwannaSauna
10-27-2008, 1:58 AM
To elaborate on my suggestion, you could start with, for example, 2,000 points. Each weapon would have a certain number of points attached to it...let's say that the Sniper Rifle was worth 500. The value of the Sniper Rifle would be deducted from the point total, leaving you with 1,500. I have a feeling that somebody is going to comment on the fact that I did the math...
Also, certain features should cost points, too...example, the cloth on a Heavy Trooper, coloration (say, five points per color used), visor shape, things such as that.

Oh my God... Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron did that and I'm still not happy... so, no. No points system!

Just slap BF2 together with some new features, maps, and units and I'll be happy :)

Oh, and add a super stormtrooper [need 20 points to unlock]! Have him with an Imperial Heavy Repeater, double-barreled commando pistol, jet pack, and touch sensitive thermal detonators! Oh, and 3x the health of a Wookiee Warrior!
 Bokken
10-27-2008, 9:34 AM
Nobody else would be happy if that was all that was changed in BF3. And it was already pointed out that my idea was too much like an RTS game.
 Bs|Rogue52
10-27-2008, 12:08 PM
With this little clone wars TV series they have going im sure they can take some ideas from it such as the stealth/commando droids.

BF1 had generally the same story line, of following a faction from Ep I, to the GCW days. BF2 carried much the same story, there's not need to cover new eras to make it different. Just because games like Halo had each version evolve with the story doesn't mean BF3 need to be entirely different. BF2 is a solid game that's fun, it just needs to be tweaked for better stability, and updated with slightly varied weapons and features.
 Bokken
10-27-2008, 1:14 PM
Eh, true, but I'd rather it not be BF2 slapped together with new content. BF2 actually was slapped together; Pandemic rushed it out and left some gaping holes. It was different than BF1, but there were still so many game bugs that should have been worked out that weren't. I'm not hoping for something drastically different, I'm just looking for something that's well developed. If all you're looking for is new features, maps, and units, the GameToast modders have basically achieved that.
 501st_commander
11-23-2008, 8:06 PM
Need a LAAT/i.
 TripHammer
11-25-2008, 9:00 AM
Eh, true, but I'd rather it not be BF2 slapped together with new content. BF2 actually was slapped together; Pandemic rushed it out and left some gaping holes. It was different than BF1, but there were still so many game bugs that should have been worked out that weren't. I'm not hoping for something drastically different, I'm just looking for something that's well developed.

True dat. With SWBF2 you got new modes but lost some things from SWBF1 (Including the hit register). I miss prone the most (aside from the hit register of course). Now I have to look for places to crouch behind. The concussion grenades were nice to work with too.

I'd rather have a well developed game over a rushed out game. There are better engines to work with now... and some nice ideas to progress the Battlefront series... Especially as Rogue said with the Clone Wars series going.. there's some ideas for planets and battlefields and maybe some new heroes... Personally I'd like to see a good "Space Deathstar" map.

Games for PC's now feel like console games ported over to PC. I wouldn't mind coming across a game that was made specifically with the PC gamer in mind. I don't think SWBF3 will be it.
 Ping
11-30-2008, 4:53 PM
For BF3, I wouldn't mind if they brought back the named cps from BF1.
 M@RS
11-30-2008, 5:58 PM
Hmm, were to start...

I'd like to see ragdoll physics, prone, more choices in weapons for different classes, better graphics, a plot (and a good one too), something were you can change legions (instead of ONLY being 501st), More hero's (especially jedi), special gaming engines (ragdoll physics [already listed], DMM, etc.), more vehicles, more diverse saber attacks, larger maps, ability to swim in water, underwater levels, one on one duels (like on mustafar, death star, naboo, tattooine, etc.), special missions (with RC Commandos and stuff, that way everyone who wants an RC2 will be satisfied), and I'd like all of the jedi to have their own special hilt, instead of them all having the same generic one... That's about it for me... :D
 Rinku
12-01-2008, 6:30 PM
I just remembered make it for MAC!!!!!(in addition to PC, due to use Mac peeps only have BF 1)
 M@RS
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh and I want customization... I'd like to change the color and type of my armor... And I'd like to be able to pick up other weapons instead of just picking up ammo, health, stamina, shields, rage, etc.
 Rinku
12-19-2008, 11:24 PM
^Like in Halo or Call of Duty (weapons part)

Armor customization should make it for only you, it should not be a reskin for a whole class.

Possibly design your own model of armor.

Also a better HUD, customized for each character (Make a RC like HUD for Clones)

Possibly customizable weapons.

As I said above MAC!!! But I forgot to say Wii, they could use some new features that just came out for Wii.

Either in game map builder or an official application where you can make objects and then design the map (I don't know if the other versions of Battlefront have this due to having a MAC)
 Bokken
12-20-2008, 8:35 PM
Yeah, you can make models in XSI ModTools and export them through XSI Crosswalk, then use some other tools to convert them into msh format.
 yahtzee6t9
01-04-2009, 1:17 AM
I really hope they have a Heros mode in BF3 because that was my favorite game mode on BF2.
 Nietzsche's God
01-19-2009, 1:47 AM
I am a big fan of SB2, and I would like to say hi to you all that I share your enthusiasm for the next part of the great series.

That being said, my only wishlist is to keep everything the same as much as possible with the exeception of some things that comes to my mind.

1. 3 maps that consist of land to space battles. Something somewhat similar to Grand Theft Auto. While the other maps are specifically for either land or space.

2. Improve fighting physics for Jedi and Sith characters. Maybe have your own customized jedi or sith character and use it when you earn enough points during game play like Battlefront 2?

3. Have the option to customize your character of whatever classes. I mean, if you play online and select, let's say a regular storm trooper, you should have your own customized storm trooper that is unique (only in appearance, not weapons), but not entirely different than the other player's storm trooper look. It should apply to all classes that you can customize for your own preference. Kinda like the PS3 SoCom Confrontation where you have either different customized characters for the two different factions (Commandos and Mercenaries). The more point you earned in multiplay, the more options on choosing what kind of helmet, camo & colour (for the rebels or whatever faction that is fighting the Empire), body armour, race, and etc.
 jawathehutt
01-19-2009, 4:17 PM
2. Improve fighting physics for Jedi and Sith characters. Maybe have your own customized jedi or sith character and use it when you earn enough points during game play like Battlefront 2?

Oh so like every single other star wars game ever made? That sounds like a lot of fun, because I love spending my money on a game that could easily be called "Jedi Knight 56: More bland jedi combat"
 GeneralPloKoon
01-19-2009, 4:32 PM
Oh so like every single other star wars game ever made? That sounds like a lot of fun, because I love spending my money on a game that could easily be called "Jedi Knight 56: More bland jedi combat"
lol, Yeah Battlefront is about the soldiers, I think its better to keep the heroes as simple as possible.
 Bokken
01-20-2009, 2:53 PM
Maybe some infantry heroes such as Boba, but only if they have a regular health system like everyone else. I've gotten sick of the lightsaber-wielding (or throwing) heroes on large servers.
 kalle90
08-24-2009, 4:12 PM
I'm really happy there will be a 3rd game. Hopefully it will be the complete, perfect and final Battlefront. The 2 first ones were pretty near it.

My list:
1. Troops and vehicles:
= Pretty much perfect in BF1
+ No earning troops like in BF2, it was horrible
+ No medal boosts, also horrible
+ Add all the missing ones
+ Ability to pick up weapons? When using weapons not your specialization you are less accurate, slower and you can only carry the bullets inside the gun. A small desperation action.

2. Heroes
= Pretty good in BF2
+ Make AI able to control them again
+ Allow more than 1 per team (Up to 3?)
+ No earning them either outside campaign. You get them once or infinitely (or not at all) from start.
+ Health bar instead of the time/kill bar
+ Saber clashing a la Jedi Knight

3. Maps
= I liked BF1 maps more than BF2 maps. Geonosis was great in BF1, horrible in BF2
+ All the battlegrounds from the movies, smallest ones too. "Real" scale and geometry. Some maps have more and some have less troops.
+ Space fights need more people. 6 crafts per team is horrible, in movies there are hundreds.

4. Other stuff
- BF1 didn't have the new music, BF2 used new songs too much. Balance it
- I liked BF2 campaign but it could be more immersive
- Very detailed statistics
- All the basic better graphics, physics, AI, make corpses stay longer...

= The perfect and complete Star Wars battle simulation. I don't need any bells and whistles on top of that.
 Gamma097
08-25-2009, 8:50 PM
Please note that most of these ideas relate to Republic Commando.

1: I think that the way that people get health is go to a bacta station and wait for 5 seconds or so and get full health, like in Republic Commando.
2: You should be able to customize the armor of the soldier you play as.
3: The Republic side should have clone commandos in the unit selection and Grievous's bodyguards on the CIS.
4: You should be able to have a squad and give them orders, but in a different way then in Republic Commando.
5: You should be able to use the enemy's weapons.
6: You should be able to melee with your gun.
7: New eras that weren't in the movies.
8: It should be for the PC so people can mod it!
9: The rank system in BFII should be remade so the clone/stormtrooper's helmet has a colored stripe on it for rank. The droids have some color on their upper torso. IDK about the rebels.
10: The ability to dual-wield guns like Halo 2 and 3.
11: The ability to spawn on the surface of a planet and take a fighter and fly up to the space above the planet.
12: The ability to go underwater.
13: Campaign should be like how it was in SWBFI, each side has a different campaign.
14: Multiplayer campaign.
15: Some, I repeat, some content from the TV series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars."
16: For the PC version, a built-in game recorder that is made for machinimas and gameplay videos.
17: When getting into a vehicle, an animation plays that shows you getting in the vehicle. I didn't like how people disappear when they get in a vehicle in SWBFII.
18: The HUD should look different depending on the soldier type and faction.
19: Maps should be how the movies made them look.
20: It should have the Euphoria engine like in TFU. If a soldier is hit in the arm or hand, he'd drop his gun and pick it up and hold it the opposite way.
21: It should have an easy-to-use map editor that comes with the game.
 jawathehutt
08-26-2009, 1:40 AM
1-9 The game should be Republic Commando
(summarized)
10: The ability to dual-wield guns like Halo 2 and 3. I can maybe understand a hero like jango having 2 pistols, but otherwise this seems like a feature that works in games like linear shooters like halo, but not so much on a battlef game.
15: Some, I repeat, some content from the TV series, "Star Wars: The Clone Wars." Please for the love of god just let this series be forgotten and die, theres hundreds of planets in the star wars cannon, use some of those.
18: The HUD should look different depending on the soldier type and faction.
Might be sort of cool but its possible that one faction would get the "better" hud and then everyone would bitch about it in tournaments
19: Maps should be how the movies made them look.
Problem with this is that some of the battles in the movie are sort of... bland. Like geonosis was almost entirely just flat desert. That works in a movie when you control which side wins, but in a game its generally considered terrible level design if your level has no cover what so ever and both sides just walk at each other shooting.
20: It should have the Euphoria engine like in TFU. If a soldier is hit in the arm or hand, he'd drop his gun and pick it up and hold it the opposite way.Like duel wielding, that works for single player, imagine having to pause every time you were shot. Matches would take forever.
 GeneralPloKoon
08-28-2009, 4:14 PM
Jawa is a Battlefront master!
 Mandalore The Shadow
08-29-2009, 9:14 AM
One Word: Mandalorians
 LukasM
08-30-2009, 11:07 AM
There's too many :)

P.S. please check out the site in my sig (ngswbf3.webs.com) it's a great Battlefront 3 fan site and theres loads of speculation on there and loads more to be added. Please joing the forums :)
 warofchaos
11-22-2009, 9:42 AM
maybe an idea for land -space battles.
the frigates u have can be send to a land battle go bring them additional reinforcements and vehicles
so u also have an amount of vehicles in the game.

also i would like to see something of controlling the frigates itself and being able to take out an crouser.

ps. im sorry for my english
 kalle90
12-14-2009, 7:54 AM
It should be perfect simulation of Star Wars battle. The 6 movies atleast.

1. All the battles from the movies in realish scale. Some are bigger, some smaller
2. Better space fights with more detailed ship interiors and more vehicles. Possibly space-land fights on single map
3. You can join any team in multi-team battles (Sandpeople)
4. Troops have Republic Commando type gameplay with melees, ability to pick up weapons (you are weaker with ones you're not specialized in) and tactics and AI. Better 1st person view too.
5. Multiple heroes (up to 3? 5 is the maximum I can imagine)
6. Heroes have real health instead of timer
7. AI can control heroes
8. Jedi gameplay from Jedi Knight games, especially saber clashing is needed
9. Vehicles were ok in BF1 and 2
10. Great, varied soundtrack. Full Star Wars soundtrack unlike in BF1 and 2.
11. Able to play it simple like BF1. I dislike BF2 because of all the medal bonuses and options I have to tune.
12. A lot better campaign. Something like Jedi Knight, Republic Commando and Battlefront combined. You might have to infiltrate someplace alone or with a small team and open the door for your army and then have a huge fight etc. Coherency and variety instead of basic matches with "backstory"

Perfect last game.
 kalle90
12-14-2009, 8:03 AM
Problem with this is that some of the battles in the movie are sort of... bland. Like geonosis was almost entirely just flat desert. That works in a movie when you control which side wins, but in a game its generally considered terrible level design if your level has no cover what so ever and both sides just walk at each other shooting.

That could be interesting if there was some active cover like broken vehicles and corpses. Every match would be different when people suddenly see a new cover appearing somewhere. There are some rocks and small "hills" too. It would also make proning more useful.

Even without that 1 flat map could be great for variety. Epic battle where vehicle control and teamshooting is everything. I'm sure there are plenty of other maps that could have tons of cover.
Page: 1 of 1