Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

the premis of jedi knight

Page: 1 of 1
 waxman69
07-28-2008, 4:56 PM
help please? how many games are there in jk series i know of jedi outcast, jedi academy, and dark forces II is there a dark forces1?

another topic:
how could do a sequel to JA it has two endings what would the main charicter look like? the plot and charicters revolve around everything being customized.

if there is another jedi knight game dont expect it until technology has notably advanced
 Inyri
07-28-2008, 5:04 PM
Dark Forces is not technically part of the Jedi Knight series, since there are no Jedi. Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight is unique in that it is the last installment of the Dark Forces series in addition to the first installment of the Jedi Knight series.

Dark Forces is about Kyle Katarn before he became a Jedi. He is an agent for the Rebellion and must stop the Empire's forces from doing bad things (like normal). Very good game if you're willing to compromise today's advanced graphics for yesterday's good story and gameplay.
 Agent_Katarn00
07-28-2008, 11:22 PM
You are right,DF is technically not a game from the JK series.Since It's JK1 DFII,JK2 JediOutcast,and so on.I also believe that back in the days of games with not advance graphics usually do have the best stories.Personally I love the golden days of df2.
 waxman69
07-29-2008, 11:11 PM
okay thanks that makes sense (sort of) im new i played JA then i played JO (i didnt know it came before JA until they introduce tavion) i beat it and now im trying to see how long it takes to get through on god mode i started it yesterday and now im on the cajin assembley area so im just having fun ill check out DFII and maybe even dark forces one i dunno anyway thanks.
 Neutron
08-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Dark Forces 1 was so incredibly cool when it came out. At the time I think Doom 2 was still the cutting edge so having to actually *look* up and down in order to hit targets was a huge deal. As opposed to Doom where you just had to be on the same vertical plane.

Good times.
 Tinny
08-04-2008, 8:33 PM
Ooh, there is also Mysteries of the Sith (expansion pack to Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight) which I hear is good.
Page: 1 of 1