Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding

Page: 1 of 1
 Christos K
07-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Now after reading some tutorials I am a bit confused if I want to put some TSL mods onto the Xbox do I just need an ethernet wire and the FTP program? Also has anyone found a way to burn extra files onto the game DVD and mod that way? If all you need isnt just an ethernet wire and FTP can I have a list of anything that I cant download that is needed to put mods onto the Xbox? For example games.
 Da_man
07-28-2008, 1:45 PM
While modding Pc games is legal, I'm not sure about modding console games. If Xbox Live catches you with modded content, it could "brick" your console.
 Da_Man_2423
07-28-2008, 6:23 PM
While modding Pc games is legal, I'm not sure about modding console games. If Xbox Live catches you with modded content, it could "brick" your console.

I think the Xbox has only been designed to search for modded firmware on the console itself...not the games themselves.
 Da_man
07-28-2008, 6:59 PM
No, I thought it searches for stuff like that On Halo 2, to prevent cheating.
 Da_Man_2423
07-28-2008, 8:19 PM
I dunno...either way I know for sure it's a helluva lot harder to mod a console game than a PC one.
 Christos K
07-30-2008, 9:51 AM
I know I cant use it on Xbox Live I dont plan on to either, But if I want to transfer TSL or K1 mods what exactly do I need, I havnt done anything to my Xbox yet so I just need to know if I will have to buy anything.
 Marius Fett
07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Just a heads up before you start, things like USM won't work.

The XBOX versions have a different model format.
 TriggerGod
07-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Just a heads up before you start, things like USM won't work.

The XBOX versions have a different model format.
I also heard that there is some kind of error in the XBox nwscript
 ChAiNz.2da
07-30-2008, 1:14 PM
But if I want to transfer TSL or K1 mods what exactly do I need

Mod Note: C'mon guys.. quoted above is the topic. Let's try answering that one before running off on tangents. ;) - Cz

Have you tried the steps in the linked sites from here yet, Christos K?
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=166492)
 Christos K
07-31-2008, 6:21 AM
Ok I watched a very good video on how to soft mod the Original Xbox now I have a question about a couple of mods, Does Shem's Super Enhanced Mod work for either K1 or TSL same for his Super Enhanced Sound mod I think its called. Now heres the last mod, I have read that new modules, locations almost always never work what about Exar Kun's Tomb? That mod doesnt use any new models, doesnt involve the Planet/Galaxy Map or anything and only adds and reskins a few items (Exar Kun's Robe, Exar Kun's Armor, etc.)
 jrrtoken
07-31-2008, 10:22 AM
The only mods that I've done for the original Xbox have been hard-mods, as in modding the hardware, and not tampering with the firmware. I've added a ATA-100 replacing the sluggish ATA33 data transfer cable, which significantly speeds up loading. I've also increased the voltage on my fan to 12V, thus making it run faster and keeping my Box cooler. I've added a heatsink to the GPU to prevent overheating. As for soft-mods, good luck trying it. I've NEVER added a modchip, mainly due to the fact I don't want to seriously screw up my system, but if you really want to try mods in any of the KotORs, good luck.
 Christos K
09-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Some specific mods that I would like to transfer are Shem's Super Enhanced Mod and Ultimate Sound Mod. Will things I edit myself like Skills, Feats, and Powers per level work?
Page: 1 of 1