Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS

Page: 1 of 1
 Jason Skywalker
07-24-2008, 11:28 AM
So, apparently, Wookieepedia got a hold of a copy of the TFU novel. Spoilers are as follows:

- Starkiller's real name is Jacob Nion.
- After he duels with Vader, he is then killed by Palpatine, 2 BBY. One of the game's possible endings i'm assuming.
- Jacob's mother died while defending Kashyyyk from Trandoshan slavers.
- After Jacob's death, Juno joins the Rebellion.

Those are the major points i saw. Discuss.
 TKA-001
07-24-2008, 3:17 PM
Starkiller's real name is Jacob Nion.
How is the name of the player character a "major spoiler"?

After Jacob's death, Juno joins the Rebellion.
How does a person like that get into the Empire in the first place?
 Lord Foley
07-24-2008, 4:28 PM
How does a person like that get into the Empire in the first place?

A person like what?

And as far as this thread is concerned, I think wookiepedia is pretty much a festering pit of people claiming to have inside information.

EDIT- Though I do like that his first name is a real world one. It fits more with the OT that way imo.
 M@RS
07-24-2008, 5:45 PM
So, apparently, Wookieepedia got a hold of a copy of the TFU novel. Spoilers are as follows:

- Starkiller's real name is Jacob Nion.
- After he duels with Vader, he is then killed by Palpatine, 2 BBY. One of the game's possible endings i'm assuming.
- Jacob's mother died while defending Kashyyyk from Trandoshan slavers.
- After Jacob's death, Juno joins the Rebellion.

Those are the major points i saw. Discuss.

I like this, it looks like a nice plot...:)

I like his name, too...
 Rev7
07-24-2008, 8:12 PM
His name doesn't sound Star Wars like...

A lot of the stuff, I already knew.
 M@RS
07-24-2008, 8:55 PM
Well not all of the names are Star Wars like, like Luke, Leia and so forth ;)
 RyuuKage
07-24-2008, 11:20 PM

yeah, but Jacob Nion sounds way more real-world than Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo (the solo part, lol). Don't forget they're pretty much the only people in the OT with regular-ish names. Mon Mothma. Crix Madine. Biggs Darklighter. Wedge Antilles. Bail Organa. Wilhuff Tarkin. Owen and Beru Lars.

Heck, "Ben" is just Obi-Wan Kenobi's nickname...
 Rev7
07-25-2008, 1:32 AM

yeah, but Jacob Nion sounds way more real-world than Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo (the solo part, lol). Don't forget they're pretty much the only people in the OT with regular-ish names. Mon Mothma. Crix Madine. Biggs Darklighter. Wedge Antilles. Bail Organa. Wilhuff Tarkin. Owen and Beru Lars.

Heck, "Ben" is just Obi-Wan Kenobi's nickname...
QFT.
 Jason Skywalker
07-25-2008, 6:55 AM
Lol, i knew i should have named this "MAJOR PLOT SPOILER and some interesting tidbits". :xp:

Owen seems pretty real-world to me.
 RyuuKage
07-25-2008, 12:51 PM
owen might be, possibly even lars. Wilhuff is similar to some germanic names i've seen, but still, and han is real if you hit china. But, none of those sounds remotely as normal as Luke or Leia.
 Lord Foley
07-25-2008, 5:13 PM
I'd say Owen is more real world than Leia.
 RyuuKage
07-25-2008, 6:14 PM
lol, Leia is a real name, it's just usually pronounced Lee-uh and is spelled three or four different ways.
 Zerimar Nyliram
07-25-2008, 6:43 PM
"Jacob Nion" doesn't sound powerful enough for someone who exhibits so much strength in the Force, in my opinion.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-25-2008, 9:05 PM
Jacob Nion... the bible popped up in my head for some reason. Still, anything is better than Starkiller.

The fact that Juno will rebel herself seems quite interesting. From what we've seen so far she'll definetly change from an cold imperial to a more kind-hearted woman. I just hope that transition goes smoothly and don't look too forced.
 TKA-001
07-25-2008, 9:26 PM
If the spoilers are any indication, I think it's safe to say that Juno Eclipse will not be a proper Imperial officer at all.
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-25-2008, 9:36 PM
Proper enough to Vader to place her by the Apprentice's side.
 Lord Foley
07-27-2008, 11:42 AM
lol, Leia is a real name, it's just usually pronounced Lee-uh and is spelled three or four different ways.

I've only ever seen Leah, though I guess you're right. But what about Owen Wilson?
 Lord Foley
07-27-2008, 11:43 AM
If the spoilers are any indication, I think it's safe to say that Juno Eclipse will not be a proper Imperial officer at all.

Making out with Imperial assassins isn't standard procedure?
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-27-2008, 1:44 PM
I've only ever seen Leah, though I guess you're right. But what about Owen Wilson?

Leia/Lйia is a quite common name in portuguese, I can assure you.
 Jason Skywalker
07-28-2008, 6:32 AM
^ Strange, never heard someone. Portuguese of Portugal or Brasil?
 Ctrl Alt Del
07-28-2008, 9:09 AM
^ Eh, yes. I was referring to Brasil. But I assumed that it was common on the old world as well.
 Giant Graffiti
07-28-2008, 4:22 PM
Wow, that actually sounds really dumb.

What did you expect? :xp:
 Aristotйlēsticus
07-30-2008, 7:19 AM
Let us be rational. Stuffing the story of TFU inside a Star Wars main plot will leave LA—in my own humble estimation—with only two options that are canonically accepted:

A) The one they have chosen with Starkiller (Jacob) dying at the end and Juno changing sides for his sake.

B) He will disappear after his failure in turning Vader to his cause. In that case they will save him for another advenrture, against the New Sith Order perhaps.

Now for me, I’d rather stick with the martyred hero and the vengeful beloved option.
 TKA-001
07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
What did you expect?
A proper Imperial officer, with basic Imperial values and ****. There's been more then enough turncoat Imperial officers in the EU. Kyle Katarn, Crix Madine, Jan Dodanna, the list goes on and on. Just for once, could Lucasarts have a single Imperial character other than Vader and Palpatine who is evil? Even a little evil?

Let us be rational. Stuffing the story of TFU inside a Star Wars main plot will leave LA—in my own humble estimation—with only two options that are canonically accepted:

A) The one they have chosen with Starkiller (Jacob) dying at the end and Juno changing sides for his sake.

B) He will disappear after his failure in turning Vader to his cause. In that case they will save him for another advenrture, against the New Sith Order perhaps.

Now for me, I’d rather stick with the martyred hero and the vengeful beloved option.
Keep in mind that I am not trying to be imperious, but I'm far less than satisfied with either possibility. I'd rather LA did something original for once. The Apprentice being killed by Palpatine was good, but it's still too clichйd. The Star Wars EU has literally overflowed with former villains who persevered through the evil and was redeemed by the good people around them and died heroic deaths to inspire others in the fight for justice, yadda yadda yadda. How about the Apprentice and his girlfriend both being killed by a non-movie character? How about the Apprentice staying dark-sided from the beginning? Why did the supposed geniuses at Lucasarts never think of that? They could've had a good EU character (like Cronal or Jerec or whoever) kill the Apprentice, but instead they opted to use the same movie characters over and over.

Why does the Apprentice have to be a hero at all? We've had enough heroes. Has there been a single game since TIE Fighter (released over a decade ago) which has a real storyline where the player is a serious, honest bad guy?
 Aristotйlēsticus
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Keep in mind that I am not trying to be imperious, but I'm far less than satisfied with either possibility. I'd rather LA did something original for once. The Apprentice being killed by Palpatine was good, but it's still too clichйd. The Star Wars EU has literally overflowed with former villains who persevered through the evil and was redeemed by the good people around them and died heroic deaths to inspire others in the fight for justice, yadda yadda yadda. How about the Apprentice and his girlfriend both being killed by a non-movie character? How about the Apprentice staying dark-sided from the beginning? Why did the supposed geniuses at Lucasarts never think of that? They could've had a good EU character (like Cronal or Jerec or whoever) kill the Apprentice, but instead they opted to use the same movie characters over and over.

Why does the Apprentice have to be a hero at all? We've had enough heroes. Has there been a single game since TIE Fighter (released over a decade ago) which has a real storyline where the player is a serious, honest bad guy?

I see what your point is and I am inclined to agree on that for true. For like you I am tired of placing the same characters in a different timeline but with the same fates. When I first heard of the Apprentice I thought that at last LA will elevate their tales into an epic level, rather than sticking to the usual hero cycle (Joseph Campbell’s hero cycle). I thought it would be more pleasurable for player to play an anti-hero rather than a hero. But like I said, the canon plot restrains this kind of fates. For instance, they could have made him succeed in murdering the Emperor and then fight against Vader. In fact they would have more options to set in motion if the timeline was different. I think they could have done this more easily with Revan.

Still, with the options introduced, I cling with what they have chosen, and pray they will finish this with more satisfying way, not the usual hasty LA way.

As a matter of fact, I remember Haden Blackman speaking of a sequel in one of his interviews, telling that ALL CHARACTERS will be included. In the light of this, I think we have to wait and see what will really happen.
 Lord Foley
07-31-2008, 9:39 PM

If you start feeling blue about it, start up KotOR and kill everyone that moves.

Honestly, I'm not even going to speculate on the storyline, because it will probably be open ended just like all LA games because they want to make crappy sequels. Oh well.
 TKA-001
07-31-2008, 10:06 PM
If you start feeling blue about it, start up KotOR and kill everyone that moves.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

1. The KOTOR series on dark side makes me feel like an asshat instead of a villain.
2. I'm talking about this game, not KOTOR.
3. Is there some reason I shouldn't criticize a lack of originality?
4. If so, then how is KOTOR related?
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Actually, there is. The game hasn't been released yet, which means any critscism is mostly unfounded.
 TKA-001
08-01-2008, 1:42 PM
That which I criticized is confirmed. The game's release has little to do with it.
 Zerimar Nyliram
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
I think that with such a terrible name as Jacob Nion, there was absolutely no reason to make us wait so long before revealing his name. If you make fans wait for dramatic effect, then it had better be one kick-ass name. If it isn't, then there's absolutely no reason to keep it a secret.

This post is having to do with part of the thread topic, not the argument at hand.
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-03-2008, 2:29 PM
That which I criticized is confirmed. The game's release has little to do with it.

Not my point. If the game hasn't been released, you can't play it, and you can't criticize what you haven't tested first hand.
 TKA-001
08-03-2008, 2:44 PM
Why do I need to test the game before criticizing something about the story which is already revealed?
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-03-2008, 2:58 PM
Again, you have to play the game the way it's meant to be played to formulate more accurrate assumptions. Otherwise it's like judging a book's plot by reading a review about it.
 Lord Foley
08-05-2008, 9:32 AM
I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

1. The KOTOR series on dark side makes me feel like an asshat instead of a villain.
2. I'm talking about this game, not KOTOR.
4. If so, then how is KOTOR related?

I wasn't refering to force unleashed so much as Star Wars games in general since TIE Fighter. So 1. Yeah, I agree to some extent. 2. Of course, 3. You really know only a few details of the whole plot. 4. Just pointing out that you have a choice in that game, since you were complaining about a lack of games where you're the bad guy.
 Soogz
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
The part about him dying is a plot spoilier, but I don't know about any of the other stuff... It's just kind of 'good-to-know" information
 Juno Eclipse
08-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey! Juno kicks ASS!!!
 darth kav
08-15-2008, 7:18 PM
His name is now Galen marek he was only called Jacob nion because of the book and comic's early release in germany (that was his orginal name).
 Juno Eclipse
08-19-2008, 9:29 PM
His name is now Galen marek he was only called Jacob nion because of the book and comic's early release in germany (that was his orginal name).

Yeah, Galen means "light" and Marek means "warlike." I think..........
 Ryazan
08-20-2008, 4:36 PM
Yeah, Galen means "light" and Marek means "warlike." I think..........

In what language?
Page: 1 of 1