Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Important Question for Admins/Moderators

Page: 1 of 1
 correllian_thug
07-18-2008, 2:45 AM
over the last week i have had trouble logging on to this network. after a few weeks of barely logging on, i load LF up and i get a message saying the Admins have banned my I.P. now to my knowledge i hadnt done anything and certainly never gotten any warning, anyway i sent an email and check 24 hours later, no response but i was again able to access the net work. the proceeding day it refused to work again and the the next it worked. so basically its randomly blocking and allowing me back on. i was wondering if there was a known reason for this. and also is this happening to anyone else? i dunno when i may be able to see answers to this, as if its still happening, who knows when i'll be able to log in next.

any help i really appreciate....
 stoffe
07-18-2008, 5:34 AM
i load LF up and i get a message saying the Admins have banned my I.P. now to my knowledge i hadnt done anything and certainly never gotten any warning
(snip)
so basically its randomly blocking and allowing me back on. i was wondering if there was a known reason for this. and also is this happening to anyone else?

IP bans aren't specific to a member account, they block all connection attempt from a particular range of network addresses. In this case you are most likely using the same internet service provider as someone who has been causing trouble in the past. Many ISPs allocate dynamic IP addresses that may change every time you connect to the Internet. Thus you sometimes end up with a blocked address, and sometimes you end up with an address outside the range.

After checking the IP ban filter the address range you get caught in is very broad. I've narrowed it down a bit, hopefully that should fix your problem. :)
 EnderWiggin
07-18-2008, 12:29 PM
In this case you are most likely using the same internet service provider as someone who has been causing trouble in the past.

Which, since you're from Australia, is extremely likely.

_EW_
 correllian_thug
07-20-2008, 8:45 PM
IP bans aren't specific to a member account, they block all connection attempt from a particular range of network addresses. In this case you are most likely using the same internet service provider as someone who has been causing trouble in the past. Many ISPs allocate dynamic IP addresses that may change every time you connect to the Internet. Thus you sometimes end up with a blocked address, and sometimes you end up with an address outside the range.

After checking the IP ban filter the address range you get caught in is very broad. I've narrowed it down a bit, hopefully that should fix your problem. :)

ah ok, cool thanks very much.... as long as i hadn't done anything wrong to offend anyone, thats he main thing... thanks again for your help
Page: 1 of 1