Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Weight/gravity

Page: 1 of 1
 Deamian
07-17-2008, 1:01 PM
Just my observation, but the stormtroopers/guards etc when being thrown, dragged, punted etc into things should hit, and fall a bit "heavier", they seem like they weigh 20pounds or that gravity isn't pulling their weight down.. they smack into a wall in the distance and sort of float down. :) just a touch that may be able to bring more realism. If they have a weight value i'd bring it up a bit.
 Rev7
08-01-2008, 2:43 AM
You know, this is Star Wars we are talking about right? Not everything makes sense. ;)
 adamqd
08-01-2008, 7:55 AM
Not everything makes sense, but there is a general style to stick to, I view it as completely N canon Game Mechanics, with a sniff of G canon story. dont get me wrong its gonna be so AWESOME! But imo they should of made a game set in this era, and of this importance to the continuity less acrobatic and more believable to try and integrate the two trilogies.
 Ctrl Alt Del
08-01-2008, 2:06 PM
We're a little out of his point, I guess. He's not talking about how unreal things are on the game, but how unreal things weight on the game. :xp:

Personally, I don't think they're weight is so off, and I actually trust that the dev team spent a good load of time working on gravity related stuff, so I'll just wait to play it myself and see.
 Serpentine Cougar
08-04-2008, 7:46 AM
I think the weight of things shouldn't be exactly accurate. If it's slightly off, the action can be exaggerated and potentially look cooler. Star Wars has always been slightly exaggerated anyway.
 hk47
08-04-2008, 9:02 AM
they dont need to worry about gravity,it could be any gravity,the planets gravity's can be different to earth's gravity making them fall faster or slower then normal,especially on the tie construction level,considering the gravity is artifical
 GeneralPloKoon
08-04-2008, 12:56 PM
It still going to be awesome unleashing the force on 5,000 stormtroopers!
 Da_Man_2423
08-04-2008, 9:12 PM
It still going to be awesome unleashing the force on 5,000 stormtroopers!

I hope to unleash the Force on more than simple stormtroopers. At least they can shoot more accurately than in the movies, judging from the videos.
Page: 1 of 1