Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam & Max Toys!

Page: 1 of 1
 Shocker Toys
07-14-2008, 9:14 AM
You fans want Sam & Max toys write to them and demand them!
 Great Scott!
07-14-2008, 1:41 PM
All right.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-14-2008, 3:17 PM
I hate Shocker Toys, look what they did with The Maxx... so ugly!

No confidence in Shocker Toys. Also please learn how to make a website Shocker Toys it is hideous.

Also making a Sol figure by just repainting your Scud one is cheap.

Again, Shocker Toys is no good.
 Shocker Toys
07-14-2008, 5:15 PM
I hate Shocker Toys, look what they did with The Maxx... so ugly!

No confidence in Shocker Toys. Also please learn how to make a website Shocker Toys it is hideous.

Also making a Sol figure by just repainting your Scud one is cheap.

Again, Shocker Toys is no good.
Wow someone knows how to google search/attack us!
What exactly did we do to deserve your hate of us besides being Sam and Max fans and makers of one of the most genius toy lines of all times. As far as the Maxx you saw the latest pics with 20+POA and headress and Isz? I guess not and if you mean our great little Maxx vinyl toy it is a cute designer toy part of an new toy line called Indie Spotlight designer series. We will have that Maxx for sale limited to 500pcs at booth# 3948 at SDCC this July.

The website is actually not hideous just no flash, we like it warm and cozy and it is getting an upgrade with latest software this month.

Sol figure with a repaint? Actually those designs were given to us by Rob Schrab himself and the head is a different sculpt then basic SCUD figure.

Hope that answered all your questions and again Sam and Max in Indie Spotlight is a must we are the only company doing a toy line with Comic, Anime and other characters you want to see as fans! Because we are fans!
 SyntheticGerbil
07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
You still messed up the arms bad on the Sol figure.

And your Maxx figure is still hideous, the proportions are way off. I don't know what that has to do with me Google searching you or hating you because you like Sam and Max(?).

Sorry, but this is my way of saying if Sam and Max figures are indeed up in the air for a toy company to make them, I think Shocker Toys should get the last bid.

Give it to someone like Mezco or something.
 Shocker Toys
07-15-2008, 10:43 AM
You still messed up the arms bad on the Sol figure.

And your Maxx figure is still hideous, the proportions are way off. I don't know what that has to do with me Google searching you or hating you because you like Sam and Max(?).

Sorry, but this is my way of saying if Sam and Max figures are indeed up in the air for a toy company to make them, I think Shocker Toys should get the last bid.

Give it to someone like Mezco or something.
Again Rob Schrab gave us the turnarounds for 'SOL' so how are the arms messed up?
As for The Maxx do you mean the 8" have you seen the updated pics?
http://www.shockertoys.com/images/Maxx_v2.jpg)
This is one/our/fans take on The Maxx if you are a fan please note he was drawn many different ways and to translate into a 20+poa is hard enough.
Also wow not so critical were you of Mezco's Heroes line when it first hit? You loved squishy face Hiro? Why are you so critical of us doing a toy of something we are fans of? Could you runt his company any better? We are toy fans who want to make toys we like if you don't like them there is 1,000s of others who will.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-15-2008, 2:07 PM
Because you would end up taking the Sam and Max toy licenses and you would do a bad job. It's plain and simple. Your toys are just hideous. The Scud one is the only one that looks good because he is a robot. You guys have no idea how to handle organic shapes. Like I guess I'm being a jerk about it, but I feel strongly. Fans shouldn't always have the right to make something.

I do understand Sam Kieth hardly ever draws anything the same way, but I don't think The Maxx was ever drawn like that. And I know Sam Kieth's style very well.

I mean if you just want straight criticism on what's wrong with that toy, his feet are too small, legs are way too long, he has hardly any hunch, and his frontside isn't hulking either way. Whoever sculpted it at Shocker Toys gave him a more super hero build. The Maxx never looked that strong and ripped, and besides, The Maxx is just a fat sweaty plumber named Dave who has amnesia.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/189/503922839_371111d614.jpg?v=0)

This toy is not made of good plastic or has the greatest texture, but all the proportions are very true the comic.

I shudder to see what your Mr. Gone looks like.

I don't know, I mean I guess I'm just sounding like a mega jerk, but I'm a consumer American whatever too, and I collect toys, and I like them to look good and be of high quality. So I get disappointed when a license I like is mishandled, which also means another company who might have done a better job cannot have the license until it is relinquished from the first company. And usually by then interest would be lost for another toy line anyways.
 Shocker Toys
07-15-2008, 2:23 PM
Because you would end up taking the Sam and Max toy licenses and you would do a bad job. It's plain and simple. Your toys are just hideous. The Scud one is the only one that looks good because he is a robot. You guys have no idea how to handle organic shapes. Like I guess I'm being a jerk about it, but I feel strongly. Fans shouldn't always have the right to make something.

I do understand Sam Kieth hardly ever draws anything the same way, but I don't think The Maxx was ever drawn like that. And I know Sam Kieth's style very well.

I mean if you just want straight criticism on what's wrong with that toy, his feet are too small, legs are way too long, he has hardly any hunch, and his frontside is hulking either way. Whoever sculpted it at Shocker Toys gave him a more super hero build. The Maxx never looked that strong and ripped, and besides, The Maxx is just a fat sweaty plumber named Dave who has amnesia.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/189/503922839_371111d614.jpg?v=0)

This toy is not made of good plastic or has the greatest texture, but all the proportions are very true the comic.

I shudder to see what your Mr. Gone looks like.

I don't know, I mean I guess I'm just sounding like a mega jerk, but I'm a consumer American whatever too, and I collect toys, and I like them to look good and be of high quality. So I get disappointed when a license I like is mishandled, which also means another company who might have done a better job cannot have the license until it is relinquished from the first company. And usually by then interest would be lost for another toy line anyways.

And McFarlanes version dosen't look superherish.....ok. Anyways when transfering to a hyper articulated figure some things must be changed like the feet and joint areas. If you like the old 6poa version then stick with it no one is condeming you for it I own McFarlanes version myself......remember I am a collector as well. I also own LCBH that is another story lol. Also another company may have taken a different approach and the toy might have looked nothing like The Maxx we tried to balance it out but with you it seems we can't win. Are you going to SDCC love to chat with you at our panel or booth.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-15-2008, 6:37 PM
Nah I don't have the kind of money or time away from work to ever make it to SDCC.

But then again, I would rather not argue about toys in real life. That's saved for ridiculous internet conversations I have on forums and similar places.
 itchythesamurai
07-16-2008, 1:11 AM
Personally, I think Sam & Max would work best as plush toys, but I'm going to have to politely agree with Gerbil on this matter. And yeah, the Internet is one of the few respectable places to argue about toys for sure.
 xChri5x
07-24-2008, 6:00 AM
Symbiote Studios already have the "licence" and are doing a grand job of it so far.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Haha that's cool, I wasn't aware of that.

Now just one question, why did you draw attention to the word license spelled wrong by putting it in quotes?
 Giant Graffiti
07-24-2008, 10:31 AM
^^^

Because of the "grand" job they're doing, I assume.
 SyntheticGerbil
07-24-2008, 5:11 PM
I looked it up, the press release is February 1st of this year. I guess I completely missed it or read the news and forgot.

But I mean it's only been half a year. Somehow I don't think toys get made THAT fast... or do they?

Maybe there's some prototypes coming soon?
 Shmargin
07-25-2008, 6:22 PM
Man, I hate it when I miss a good discussion.

Yeah, Shocker Toys man, if you didnt want harsh criticism, then you should not have posted here. Generally theres only like 10 of us regular posters here, and one thing we seem to do is bash people that try to pawn their stuff off on us.

That bible thumping Brush guy and his lame fan game that he obviously gave up on, that guy that went crazy at "Build-A-Bear Workshop" and made a Max doll, and that dude with his $100 Surfin the Highway a week before the re release come to mind.

Plus I dunno. I dont collect action figures or know anything about the artists you guys talked about, and I still thought all the action figures on your site kinda sucked. I goto Toys R Us with my kid and he picks out cooler looking ones for $6 compared to your $95 Metalocolypse figures that look like their made from melting wax, and cant even hold a guitar since their arms only go straight up in the air, or down, like my old 70s-80s Star Wars figures.

Again I'll say it: Harsh criticism is what were good at.
 xChri5x
08-15-2008, 12:38 AM
 SyntheticGerbil
08-16-2008, 4:35 AM
Wait are those official?!
 Samnmax221
08-16-2008, 4:02 PM
Sean just came all over his shorts.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-18-2008, 12:13 PM
If they have moving parts there is a mess to clean up I suppose.
 Shmargin
08-20-2008, 3:23 AM
I see no moving parts. As long as their not sold as "Action Figures" its cool.

Probably still wouldnt buy them though. Nothing stays pretty in my house it seems. Plus I'm too lazy to collect any thing. I have a few Sam & Max comics, and an original Surfin the Highway. Plus the games. And that book thing Efidgey Mound or whatever. But I dunno....Figurines? Maybe....If they arent a stupid ammount of money.

Looks pretty snazzy though. Official or not.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Well as a rule I don't collect any figures unless they have moving parts. Really it's just a tactic to keep myself from spending money on too many actions figures or avoiding any attempts to get into collecting resin statues or whatever.
 Shmargin
08-21-2008, 3:15 AM
Yeah, I dunno, I have a kid, and I mean, I think I could keep them out of his reach, but, for how long?

Plus, I dunno, it was a struggle to get my autographed Sam & Max posters hung up in the house in a spot my "woman" didnt hate, and then a week later I walked down the hallway in the dark and brushed up against one of them, knocking it down, breaking the glass frame I had it put in, and scratching up part of the poster.

I pretty much decided books, and items under $20 only at that point.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-21-2008, 10:01 AM
That's what you get for being a clumsy oaf.
 xChri5x
08-22-2008, 5:47 AM
...the statue will retail for under $100. Each will be hand numbered and weigh enough to kill a charging rhino. (Do not harm any rhinos with the statue!) We will have pre-order info up as soon as Steve Purcell approves the paint.

It'll be a limited run of 1,000 sadly. Here's a link to their blog with only Sam & Max related posts showing their progress(except the first one):
http://www.symbiotestudios.com/blog/?tag=steve-purcell)
 SyntheticGerbil
08-22-2008, 12:17 PM
Wait so these are statues and not vinyl figures? Oh well, I'll pass.
 Shmargin
08-24-2008, 2:16 AM
Yeah, I dont even have a spot to put a statue of a dog wearing a fedora.

Nor would I spend $99.99 on one.

But I'm sure in a few years when their on eBay, these people will be getting a few hundred each for them.

Good ol limited runs.
 SyntheticGerbil
08-24-2008, 4:34 AM
Yeah Vinyl is cool, it means they break less. My favorite figures I own may be these:

http://www.fixins.com/blogtest/gorillaz1.jpg)

Or these:

http://www.panikstoybox.com/prod_images_blowup/MILKCHEE1.jpg)
 Samnmax221
08-24-2008, 2:34 PM
Ah ****, sold out.
 itchythesamurai
08-25-2008, 12:24 AM
Ah man, I can't believe I missed out on this.
 xChri5x
08-26-2008, 8:37 AM
They aren't sold out. That was a joke if you read the rest of the post.
 Shmargin
08-28-2008, 8:34 AM
Yeah, I felt like telling them, but thought it was funnier (I say its a word) to not.
 SyntheticGerbil
11-12-2008, 2:43 PM
If anyone cares here's another thread of Shocker Toys making fools of themselves:
http://imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=42423&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

They tried to sort of do the same **** they tried here, but deleted most of their posts. Some of the quotes are still around. Same kind of arrogant bull**** and making fake persons all around the internet who are supposed fans praising their ugly toys. Mostly I'm just updating here to smear the company in hopes of Google searches that may stumble upon this forum.

That stuff didn't really fly much in this forum since maybe 10 people read this board and 3 of us post... hah.

Also I forgot to mention, the last summer before this one, before Shocker Toys revealed their ugly Maxx, I was going to buy the Scud figure, thinking it looked okay enough. They had posted on Rob Schrab's website in the comments section some confusing large text thing that it was up for preorder. But it turns out it wasn't actually the figure, it was a statue that was sculpted from the figure, with all the joints glued so you couldn't move them. So I figured this out and asked to cancel my order, and Shocker Toys did it reluctantly while chastising me for not understanding their bad English.

So yeah, I was so close to buying a Shocker product... so close.

My favorite company is still Mezco (or maybe Presspop). I think Telltale should talk to them about some Sam and Max licenses. I want a Flint Paper and Mack Salmon. Boy would that be awesome.

EDIT: *BONUS* For more fun, check out this Shocker Toys review and the "president" afterwards bellyaching that his figures are painted with feces smeared on their faces!

http://collectiondx.com/node/2073)

Also here's this, someone made a blog a while back and the "owner," or probably the same user here starts going back and forth.
http://shockertoysworsttoycompanyever.blogspot.com/)
 Shmargin
11-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Thats some funny ass **** right there.

I like how I chose to mock their Dethklok figures before I read this review.

The pictures of the figures on their official site looked like ass, but the pictures in that review make the ones on the site look like sacred prized peices of art.

I mean seriously. I can't paint that well. As a result, I wouldnt take a job painting detailed faces on small figures. Appearently at Schocker Toys though, I meet all the requirements for a painter!

Man, if I had ordered those figures, as I am a Metalocolypse fan, and they had come to me looking like that, I would have been beyond pissed.

I would have mailed that **** back, and expected them to pay me for it.
 SyntheticGerbil
11-18-2008, 3:50 PM
If that happened they'd probably not let you send them back and argue with you about the quality of your figure and call them a prototype or something.

I'm hoping Shocker Toys doesn't come back to this thread, they may go nuts. I did take the liberty of e-mailing some of the creators of their new "indie line" keys moments I found on the internet with Shocker Toys spamming as fake fans and making asses of themselves.
Page: 1 of 1