Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefield: Bad Company

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
07-07-2008, 1:13 PM
I bought the gold edition the other day, never having played a battlefield game before, and seeing the previews which looked hilarious, so i thought i would just go all out, since i haven't bought an xbox 360 game since Turok.

And boy, am i impressed.

It's like taking the vehicle combat with the halo series and throwing it in with Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and GRAW 2. The amount of damage you can do to buildings is amazing!!! The first person modes for the tanks, trucks, choppers, etc is awesome. The sound effects are perfect.

There is no blood or gore, kind of a disappointment but the box says Rated T, so it's understandable.

I have not played the multiplayer yet, just been playing single player on hard to get used to all the controls and weapons.

Things that are missing from the game: co-op mode and split screen. that's the only complaint i have about the game.

The story is pretty good, the characters are funny as hell and especially the comments they make during and after firefights.

The main unrealistic thing in it that will bother some is that if you kill a bunch of enemies after a save point and die, when you load back in they will still be dead, makes the game easier and can be exploited, and there's also the reviver shot thing which gives you full health when you use it.

I'll give the game 9 stars, would've got a 10 if it would've had split screen and co-op.

This game will definitely be in my xbox 360 for a while.
 stingerhs
07-08-2008, 1:19 PM
yeah, this game is already on my most wanted list of games for this year, but since i just picked up Mass Effect for my computer a while ago, i'm not getting any new games till later this month. at least it'll be in the used games section by then. :)
 GeneralPloKoon
07-08-2008, 6:10 PM
Ewwww, I hate the new Battlefeild game!
 Lantzen
07-08-2008, 6:18 PM
Didn't like the demo so much, but since i was a hardcore BF2 player with way more then 200h played i will probaly get it when i have time. Right now i started play Age of Conan, and also have Dark Sector and Lost Odyssey to xbox to finish ^^
 Da_Man_2423
07-09-2008, 6:36 PM
Meh, the only real good games from the Battlefield series were 1942 and 2. I played the demo through a couple times...it was decent I suppose.

The reasons Rogue15 listed for why it's unrealistic turned me away from this title. I'll be waiting for the new Brothers in Arms this August and Call of Duty in November to get my first-person shooter fix.
Page: 1 of 1