Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which character would you train to be a Jedi?

Page: 1 of 2
 MacTavish
06-23-2008, 6:18 PM
I saw this poll on filefront and I just thought it would be a good topic for the forums. So, of the characters besides Bastila, Juhani, Jolee, and the droids, who would you train to either become a Jedi or Sith? I also made the poll multiple choice for those who can't decide :D.
 HIGH ON PIE 14
06-23-2008, 7:18 PM
Mission Vao would be the one that I would train. She has good street smarts which lays a good foundation, plus she is only fourteen, which I know is old by Jedi standards but certainly more managable then say Carth at 38. I like Canderous better as a Mandelorian, and I can't even see him excepting jedi training. I just see myself getting along with her better then the others. Although me and Mission would probably end up playing pranks on the council. *sticks a whoopie cushion (sp?) on Vrook's chair*

~HOP
 mur'phon
06-23-2008, 7:56 PM
Canderous, with my playstyle the others would end up showing lighsabers up my arse.
 Robondacob
06-23-2008, 7:58 PM
HK. It would put his high strength to good use.

I don't see why a droid can't use a lightsaber. Couldn't someone program them to use it?
 TKA-001
06-23-2008, 8:12 PM
Do you know how difficult it is to program a simple calculator to work?
 MacTavish
06-23-2008, 8:15 PM

Thats why I didn't put HK or T3 on the poll.
 ElecManEXE
06-23-2008, 8:16 PM
Greivous uses them. Though I don't know if its programming or the fact that he has human parts that actually allows it. If nothing else they could probably design droid-only lightsabers that use the droid's power supply rather than "the Force".
 MacTavish
06-23-2008, 8:21 PM
Greivous uses them. Though I don't know if its programming or the fact that he has human parts that actually allows it. If nothing else they could probably design droid-only lightsabers that use the droid's power supply rather than "the Force".

Grirevous wasn't a droid, he was an actual alien species but has robotic life support systems due to an injury and Count Dooku taught him how to use a lightsaber.
 ElecManEXE
06-23-2008, 8:25 PM
He's a combination, but more droid than organic by the looks of it. In any case, I guess it is his organic portion that allows the lightsaber use, so its moot.
 Robondacob
06-23-2008, 11:21 PM

We're talking about Star Wars universe here. Robots literally walk around and shoot things, talk to humans, ect. What makes it so hard to hold a lightsaber and hit people with it?
 adamqd
06-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Mission for sure, she's still young, Canderous is Mandalorian, they dont need or want the Force, I don't think Wookiees (Nor does GL ftm) should be Jedi, and Carth is the cynical Han Solo character "Hokey Religions and ancient weaponry are no match for a Good Blaster at your side, Kid".
 HIGH ON PIE 14
06-24-2008, 11:46 AM
We're talking about Star Wars universe here. Robots literally walk around and shoot things, talk to humans, ect. What makes it so hard to hold a lightsaber and hit people with it?

Nothing. But there is alot more to lightsaber combat than just swinging it around like a stick. Thats pretty much what Greivous did, but he had four sabers so he could get away with it and still be dangerous. Droids just lack the finesse, and they cant really dodge or do any advanced acrobatics. Also jedi all need the force, and HK being a droid does not have it. I suppose he could be trained to use a lightsaber in theory...but I just don't see it.
 Robondacob
06-24-2008, 2:44 PM
Nothing. But there is alot more to lightsaber combat than just swinging it around like a stick. Thats pretty much what Greivous did, but he had four sabers so he could get away with it and still be dangerous. Droids just lack the finesse, and they cant really dodge or do any advanced acrobatics. Also jedi all need the force, and HK being a droid does not have it. I suppose he could be trained to use a lightsaber in theory...but I just don't see it.

Why do jedi need the force to hold a lightsaber? I'm sure that HK could hold one and slash at people. Actually, he should be able to use normal melee weapons too. I don't know why droids aren't allowed to have melee weapons either.

So if anyone, I would have HK as a lightsaber weilder, to make him useful.
 Da_Man_2423
06-24-2008, 3:42 PM
Why do jedi need the force to hold a lightsaber? I'm sure that HK could hold one and slash at people. Actually, he should be able to use normal melee weapons too. I don't know why droids aren't allowed to have melee weapons either.

HIGH ON PIE 14 nailed it with the part where droids don't have the same body motions that make a lightsaber actually useful.

How good would HK be when he can barely move his joints in any direction against a enemy with a saber?

You can program droids all you want to do whatever, but if they can't move, they're no good.
 mur'phon
06-24-2008, 4:26 PM
Well, being a droid, there is no reason to not upgrade him. Give him, say, 8 arms, have him twirl his sabres and point him towards some badies/goodies and watch the carnage:D
 Inyri
06-24-2008, 4:27 PM
Cuz that worked real well for Grievous. How long did he last against Obi-wan again? :p
 mur'phon
06-24-2008, 4:29 PM
Who cares, with 2 times the sabrez, he should last long enough to let me fry em with lightning, or choke em, or plauge em, decisions decisions:D
 jonathan7
06-24-2008, 4:54 PM
Mission of Zalbaar; I voted for the wookee, as really what could be cooler than a giant furball with a lightsabre?
 HIGH ON PIE 14
06-24-2008, 8:23 PM

But the question is who would you train to be a jedi?, not who would you give a lightsaber.

When seeing Greivous for the first time whith his four lightsabers I was like oooh he's gonna be tough to beat! But Obi-Wan beat him in like 5 minutes, just taking out one saber after another. Finesse ultimatly beat strength and number of weapons.

That and as previously stated HK would not have force powers. Although he could be equipped with a shocker and an anti-gravity generator or something...but I would say you have to have the force to be classified as a jedi or sith.

@jonathan7: Yeah big Z would be quite a force to be reckoned with. I could see him being a jedi or a sith. I have a make Zalbaar a jedi mod and I have to agree that a wookie jedi = awesomeness. :D
 Robb Stark
06-25-2008, 12:13 AM
I know Obi-Wan made a fool of Grievous in RotS, but Grievous did "win" those lightsabers from other Jedi based on the Clone Wars cartoons.

I see no reason a droid couldn't be outfitted with a functional lightsaber. The effectiveness of a droid wielding a melee weapon is questionable due to limited maneuverability, but simply keeping it on and swinging it back and forth doesn't require any particular aptitude with the Force (Han Solo, The Empire Strikes Back). IMO Jedis are effective with lightsabers because the Force allows their actions to flow with the moment and anticipate hostile actions. Not to mention that they are specifically trained to fight with them.

Anyway, I would train Mission.
 MacTavish
06-25-2008, 8:54 AM
I know Obi-Wan made a fool of Grievous in RotS, but Grievous did "win" those lightsabers from other Jedi based on the Clone Wars cartoons.

Yes, but how do we know he actually fought them. What if he just picked up those lightsabers from Jedi killed in battle.
 Lord Foley
06-25-2008, 9:20 AM
Like he said, based on the cartoons, Grievous killed those Jedi.
 MacTavish
06-25-2008, 2:03 PM
Like he said, based on the cartoons, Grievous killed those Jedi.

Ok I wasn't sure, I havent seen any of them.
 Robondacob
06-25-2008, 2:15 PM
But the question is who would you train to be a jedi?, not who would you give a lightsaber.

It basically is just who would you give a lightsaber because all of the choices don't have the right stats to be force users. Thus, it is who would you give a lightsaber to.

I don't want to get in-depth into if HK could use a lightsaber. I don't want to argue if it could be canon or whatever. I would just like to see it in the game.
 ForeverNight
06-25-2008, 2:37 PM
No the question is "Who would you TRAIN to be a Jedi?"

Stats don't matter at this point, throw them out of the window and approach this like it was real life. You know these four people, you are a Jedi, and you can train a number of the four. Who would you train?

As for me, Mission and/or Zaalbar are my choices.

Mission: Thinks on her feet, and she is young enough to take the training without having to destroy too many pre-concieved notions. (I'm guessing that's why they take 'em when they're young... any other ideas?)

Zaalbar: Walking carpet with forcepowers and a lightsaber (Or sabers.) Need I say more?
 PoiuyWired
06-25-2008, 3:48 PM
Zaalbar, He would also make a good Jedi personality-wise. Now, getting him away from Mission would be a problem though.
(After posting this, I realize GL's assassains are coming after me, so I am bringing my cortosis katana, just in case.)

Mission would be the best for training, but she would probably hate all those rules and things of the Old Republic Jedis. She would work much much better soaring in space with freedom on her side.
 Robondacob
06-25-2008, 5:21 PM
No the question is "Who would you TRAIN to be a Jedi?"

Stats don't matter at this point, throw them out of the window and approach this like it was real life. You know these four people, you are a Jedi, and you can train a number of the four. Who would you train?

As for me, Mission and/or Zaalbar are my choices.

Mission: Thinks on her feet, and she is young enough to take the training without having to destroy too many pre-concieved notions. (I'm guessing that's why they take 'em when they're young... any other ideas?)

Zaalbar: Walking carpet with forcepowers and a lightsaber (Or sabers.) Need I say more?

Zaalbar would not be a good jedi in terms of force. He's too angry all the time and would be more of a guardian. So that is basically just giving him a lightsaber and saying "Hit this guy with this". I know, I know. The "training" thing. It's just that I don't see Zaalbar being able to be taught how to control himself or anything.

Mission is not cut out to be a jedi. She needs to be a little more wiser, and she isn't strong enough. She is best as a scoundrel.

Canderous would be a killer guy with a lightsaber, but he too would not be cut out for using the force. He gets pissed off too much.

Carth would probably be the best. He's smart. He's a leader. He can control himself usually. He isn't a weakling. He seems like the logical choice.
 HIGH ON PIE 14
06-25-2008, 5:58 PM
Well yeah Mission is immature but then again I'm sure most of the jedi her age are not much better. As for not being strong enough...well the point of training her would be to make her strong.

Zalbaar would probably be a guardian as you said, but guardians do have force powers, they just focus on sabers. Although not controlling emotions...well he could be a good dark jedi I suppose

Carth would be good except for the fact that he resents the order for not aiding in the Mandelorian Wars and seems not to like any of the jedi. But he could be trained...given that I had about 3 years to help him get over his trust issues.

As for Canderous...what do you think he would say I you asked him? :xp: Yeah definatly not jedi material.
 mur'phon
06-25-2008, 6:06 PM
Since when has anger been a bad thing for force users?
 Robondacob
06-25-2008, 7:15 PM

I thought this was train to be a jedi. Also, when have Dark Jedi ever survived for long anyway?

Also, it's assuming a lot that just because you can train Mission to be a jedi, she's going to be all buffed up. She is not good with melee, so there would be no point in training her with a lightsaber (unless you use the TSL feat, Finesse, which was a horrible idea).
 TKA-001
06-25-2008, 7:19 PM
Well, it screwed Darth Vader up pretty bad.

I thought this was train to be a jedi.
I'm pretty sure the word "Jedi" is more properly in this context used as a general term for a force user, since neither the Exile nor Revan had any official place in the Jedi Order as of the games, so technically, training (for example) Atton does not make him a Jedi per se.

when have Dark Jedi ever survived for long anyway?

1. Jerec and his seven henchman had pretty long lives (with the exception of Yun, but he wasn't as evil as the rest of them).
2. Joruus C'baoth lived long enough to be as old as the original C'baoth had been when he died.
3. Cronal lived long enough to disappear for unknown reasons a few years after the Battle of Endor.
4. Carnor Jax survived long enough to become a Sith Lord.
5. Antinnis Tremayne lived past the Battle of Endor and his fate is unknown.

Et cetera.
 mur'phon
06-25-2008, 7:23 PM
Also, when have Dark Jedi ever survived for long anyway?

When they are the player, or in his/her party.

And with regards to the finesse feat, in KOTOR1, it's automatical for lightsaber use, so she would be an excelent chopping machine. And why is finesse a bad idea? Never understood why strenght made you better at using an almost weightless weapon.
 JCarter426
06-25-2008, 7:25 PM
I thought this was train to be a jedi. Also, when have Dark Jedi ever survived for long anyway?
Marka Ragnos lived to be over one hundred, I believe, and his spirit survived for even longer.

(unless you use the TSL feat, Finesse, which was a horrible idea).
Hey, that's one of the best feats in the game, next to the cross-class skill feats. :¬:
 TKA-001
06-25-2008, 7:34 PM
his spirit survived for even longer
I'm not sure if a person's spirit existing counts as him being alive, since in order to be a spirit, one has to be dead.
 HIGH ON PIE 14
06-25-2008, 8:02 PM

Also, it's assuming a lot that just because you can train Mission to be a jedi, she's going to be all buffed up. She is not good with melee, so there would be no point in training her with a lightsaber (unless you use the TSL feat, Finesse, which was a horrible idea).

Actually I have RH's make Mission a jedi mod which allows you to make Mission whatever class you want. I found she worked very well as a sentinel with a mere 2 points more to strength. (and she probly didnt even need that.) I guess she would be a bad consular b/c of the low wisdom but she worked great for me.

@mur'phon: I always wondered that too...I think finesse is a good feat and you do get it for free in K1 but no in K2 for some reason...anyway if your not maxed out on strength its a good feat to have especially for people like Visas who have high dexterity.

Yeah I wouln't count Marka Ragnos spirit as living either, but 100 years of actual life is still a long time.
 Rev7
06-26-2008, 2:27 AM
Mission of Zalbaar; I voted for the wookee, as really what could be cooler than a giant furball with a lightsabre?
Not much. :lol:

I voted Mission or Zalbaar. Out of those two, I would probably have to go with Mission because she is younger, I guess. It just seems to me that she would be trainable. :giveup:

Zalbaar as a Jedi would be pretty cool though...
 Lord Foley
06-26-2008, 8:12 AM
I voted for Zaalbar because there is a shortage of wookie Jedi. If Lowbacca can do it, than where are the rest of them?
 jonathan7
06-27-2008, 5:19 PM
I voted for Zaalbar because there is a shortage of wookie Jedi. If Lowbacca can do it, than where are the rest of them?

Haven't you forgotten Highbacca and Mediumbacca?

(sorry) :D
 Rev7
06-28-2008, 1:48 AM
Haven't you forgotten Highbacca and Mediumbacca?

(sorry) :D
Can't forget them. :lol:

:xp:
 Darth Hord
06-30-2008, 10:58 AM

Grievous was trained by Dooku and told him that he needed other elements such as fear and surprise to be successful and make up for his zero force potential and he became one of the most successful jedi killers all of time. That said a droid that uses a lightsaber probably cost so much money to build so they can be flexible. Grievous's body guards use those electrostaffs which are similar to using a lightsaber. Then in Jedi Knight Jedi Academy you fight a droid wielding a lightsaber in the training grounds and Katarn said if it was set to Luke's training level than Jaden Korr could have been killed.
 TheExile
06-30-2008, 11:41 AM
A WOOKIE JEDI!!!
 Sgt. Strike
06-30-2008, 2:13 PM
Carth and Canderous would make good guardians, as well as Zaalbar. Mission would make a good Sentinel or even Counselor.

*Edit* However, Canderous is Mandalorian, and I think their armor, and rigid thinking would not make for a good Jedi. Maybe a neutral force user might come out of a Mandalorian.
 Allronix
08-28-2008, 6:20 PM
While I have RedHawke's Mission cross-classing mod, and think it's pretty nifty, especially in the light of the Vaos we see in the Legacy series, she's not the one I can make the clearest argument for in regards to cross-classing. If anyone on K1 crew is a closet-Sensitive, it's Carth.

For one, he is able to see and understand Ajunta Pall. All the sources I've been able to pull up state that while droids can read Force Ghosts as off EM fields, sentients have to have a modicum of Force-Sensitivity to perceive them and more than that to actually understand them.

Secondly, he has strange luck. This is a guy who's stumbled into two Jedi coverups (Revan's and Carrick's) and lived to tell the tale. Aside from Revan and Bastila, he's the last survivor of the Endar Spire. Also, the odds of surviving that massacre, getting the last escape pod, sharing it with the amnesiac Dark Lord, crashing in the Upper City, managing a getaway, and finding a dump of an apartment where the landlord's not asking questions...those are all pretty steep. A more disturbing scene that points to possible Force enhancement is on the Leviathan. IIRC, Bastila draws on the Force consciously to withstand the torture cage. With a F!Revan, Carth's subjected to a lot of pain, but Karath comments that it's somewhat strange for someone to withstand so much abuse and stay conscious.

Thirdly? Strange intuition. Some of it is his distrust and paranoia talking, but he turns out to be dead-on about something not being right about your character. He also admits to a female Revan that something's still not right and that the Council is setting her up for a fall. He is also dead-on when telling Revan that s/he'll have to make a choice soon, and that there won't be any going back. If Revan chooses LS, then he stammers out "That was IT, I can feel it!" In K2, if Exile tells Carth that Revan's likely dead, he will insist otherwise, saying he "would know if [Revan] were dead." Wishful thinking, or could there be something behind it?

Speaking of K2, Telos was a place crawling with Sensitives that weren't cut out for the Jedi in one form or another. Now, Dustil DEFINITELY got the Force Sensitivity switched on, but you could just as easily argue it came from Morgana. However, with Carth also being Telosian and the other points above? Maybe the kid didn't get it entirely from Mom's side...
 Corinthian
08-28-2008, 6:43 PM
Zaalbar. Why? He doesn't whine. Canderous doesn't either, but Canderous is too awesome to be a Jedi.
 Arбtoeldar
08-28-2008, 6:48 PM
*snip*.

Well stated Allronix. Which is why I voted for Carth. I also voted for Mission since she has a soft spot in my heart.
 Revan 411
08-28-2008, 7:10 PM
I would train Mission to be a Jedi, and train Mandalore to be a Sith.

Because Mission is suited to be a Jedi, and Mandalore fits the Sith.
 Corinthian
08-28-2008, 9:01 PM
Not really. Mandalore is far too loyal to be a Sith. Sure, his ideals aren't normal, but he'd never betray the Mandalorian people.
 Non-false Jedi
08-29-2008, 12:22 AM
You can't train non force sensetive people in the ways of the Jedi. Nothing really indicates any of them are.
 GwannaSauna
08-29-2008, 12:46 AM
If I had only one, it would be Canderous. He's just cool. Even if he would be betraying the Ordo clan, the lightsaber and Jedi robe would be a nice touch :D
 RedHawke
08-29-2008, 2:24 AM
I already voted as I made mods for them in game to become Jedi/Sith! :xp:
Page: 1 of 2