Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newest Trailer shows us...[spoiler!!!]

Page: 1 of 1
 Ztalker
06-19-2008, 4:41 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35119.html)

Incredible...I never expected they'd include so many elements of the movies and expanded universe!

If you look closely, you can see Leia, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and even Garm Bel Iblis. The executor also makes an appearance.

The big spoiler is though, that you can see how the first level of TFU goes. And the last cutscene of it...
 Jason Skywalker
06-19-2008, 5:19 AM
That was awesome. It just piqued my curiosity even more. Can't wait for the game.
 Ctrl Alt Del
06-19-2008, 1:51 PM
If you look closely, you can see Leia, Bail Organa, Mon Mothma and even Garm Bel Iblis. The executor also makes an appearance.

So true, and that's amazing. They're redoing the Seeds of the Rebellion cut scenes on the EPIII DVD, it would seem. Not to mention that everything is really feeling more alive.

I just got much more hyped.

Possible spoiler:
And I believe there's one more reason for Vader taking the Apprentice. It might have remembered him of himself.
 Rev7
06-23-2008, 2:02 AM
That was awesome. It just piqued my curiosity even more. Can't wait for the game.
QFE.

I remeber watching this a little while back, and I thought that it was pretty awesome. I hope that I get an Xbox 360 soon...:( Either way, this game looks really fun. :D
 Padwon_link
06-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I watched this yesterday and my anticipation for this is even higher now
(I have never been so excited for a video game since I heard about Spore in 7th grade 3 years ago.)
 M@RS
06-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Yes, I'm going to try and get a job that way I can buy a console and get this game :lol: I'd prefer if it came out for PC though, but you can't always get what you want...
 Ztalker
06-23-2008, 1:23 PM
M@RS wrote:
I'd prefer if it came out for PC though, but you can't always get what you want...

...but as the famous philosopher 'Jagger' once said: "You can get satisfaction." :)

Anyways, I won't be getting it. But this trailer has showed me Lucasarts is slowly climbing up again. After years of 'mainstream' and 'easy money' games like Battlefront, Pod Racer and Lego, this looks like an extremely good quality product. Let's hope they can keep this up and keep pumping triple A's out like this. :) (A kotor 3?)
 Exile007
06-23-2008, 1:24 PM
Looks cool. :D
 Lord Foley
06-24-2008, 12:20 PM
I really hope they emphasize Vader's want to destroy the Emperor in this game. I think that would be a pretty interesting direction for the story.
 M@RS
06-24-2008, 7:36 PM
Does he want to destroy the Emperor, it never really comes out...
 Ztalker
06-25-2008, 6:20 AM
Originally Posted by M@RS

It does...Gamespot saw the last cutscene of the game. It has been sourced under the Secret Apprentice article on Wookieepedia.

Don't read unless you want to know:
When Starkiller returns to the Executor near the end of the game, Vader stabs him through the chest. Vader then appolagizes by saying the Emperor's Spies found out about the Secret Apprentice. Then Palpatine appears from the shadow and order Vader to kill Starkiller. End of the cutscene.
 Lord Foley
06-25-2008, 6:37 AM

He tells Padme he could overthrow him in Revenge of the Sith and he tells Luke to join him and kill Palpatine in Empire Strikes Back.
 Ztalker
06-26-2008, 7:01 AM
Lord Foley wrote:
He tells Padme he could overthrow him in Revenge of the Sith and he tells Luke to join him and kill Palpatine in Empire Strikes Back.

I always imagined Vader was stronger then he let on...in TESB he basically toyed with Luke for most part of the fight and the comics an books sketch a whole other image of him. Of a bulky, insanely muscular Sith Lord who bashes everyone to death.
Imo, The Force Unleashed might picture Vader the way he was originally intended. A mixture of the one from The Empire Strikes back (the Vader who threw stuff at Luke and easily bested him) and the one from the comics. :)
 Lord Foley
06-26-2008, 7:05 AM
Yeah, Vader never really shows us how awesome he is in the original trilogy, though I do think that they should remember that he was burned alive and is in a big hulking suit. Still, Force Unleashed Vader should give us a good picture of how badass everyone's favorite villain really is.
 TKA-001
06-26-2008, 12:38 PM
in TESB he basically toyed with Luke for most part of the fight
That's not a humongous αccomplishment, considering how severely inexperienced and relatively untrained Luke was.
 Darth Kothos
06-27-2008, 2:33 AM
Personally, I can't wait to see how the Digital Molecular Mapping system will work in actual gameplay. If it really takes off, then it could very well revolutionize gaming.
 Lord Foley
06-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Too bad the Wii can't handle it. Still, I think motion sensitive lightsaber combat will keep me occupied.
Page: 1 of 1