Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Staff Poll - Do you think LucasForums...

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthRevan243
06-06-2008, 4:33 PM
...should have a chat box?

I think that LucasForums should have a chat box. Not many people visit SWKnights anymore. LucasForums has more users every 4 days than SWK has in a week.

And PM's take ages!

And I'm just a ranter!

-DarthRevan243
 Inyri
06-06-2008, 4:38 PM
Chatboxes are very hard to maintain/moderate when you have the volume of users that go through LucasForums.

Also keep in mind that LucasForums serves all of LFNetwork, not simply SWK. The SWK staff can not decide what is added to LF on their own. Except the members of the SWK staff that are LF administrators, of course.

Also remember that if you're not using SWK... you're not using SWK. When there are few people around it does not seem appealing to use. When more people hang around, it will attract other users. If you want SWK's chatbox to be more active, hang around in it more often and get your friends to do so as well.
 Rev7
06-06-2008, 7:05 PM
 jonathan7
06-06-2008, 7:05 PM
I think a chatbox is a distinctly bad idea, due to the above hassles Inyri pointed out, with regard to maintaining them. The mods aren't paid to do their job, and I think they get quite enough stick as is, without the ease with which abuse can be sent in a chatbox.
 Arcesious
06-06-2008, 7:27 PM
No, a chatbox is a bad idea for a site as orderly and traffic-filled as this one. It would be a temptation for spam, and it would be a lag-machine, what with so many people on it at a time. Threads already serve the purpose of online chat well enough. And there's always SWK...

Edit; oh... whoops. I'm not part of the staff...
 Marius Fett
06-07-2008, 4:38 AM
As was said above, a chatbox would be alot more wprk for the moderators, who have enough on their plates anyway.

Also, a chatbox would take peoples attention away from the forums themselves.
 Jae Onasi
06-07-2008, 9:53 AM
We have the SWK chatbox for those needs. There are also LF IRC channels--you are more than welcome to sign up for one of those channels.
 EnderWiggin
06-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Wow. Look at those results.

Yes 0%.
No 100%.

_EW_
 Ferc Kast
06-09-2008, 3:20 PM
I actully like the idea. But the odds are against the voters on DR + My side. :(
 M@RS
06-12-2008, 6:29 PM
I said yes, but I should have said no...
Page: 1 of 1