Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I think I seriously screwed up my game...

Page: 1 of 1
 Tysyacha
05-24-2008, 4:53 PM
...at least when it comes to the Carth romance plot.

I very stupidly figured out how to open up Uthar Wynn's room AFTER I had turned the whole Sith Academy (including Dustil Onasi) hostile on me. I had to kill him, and now Carth won't shut up about bringing "the datapad" to Dustil. He won't move along when it comes to US. Do I have to start my whole game over, or what? (Anyone have any KOTOR savegames with a female Revan I can use for this, if indeed I have screwed up my game?)
 Rev7
05-24-2008, 5:12 PM
Wow. I actually don't think that you can, unless you have a saved game from before you cleared the Academy of all life and opened Uthar's room. Other than that, I personally don't think that you can. Sorry :(
 jonathan7
05-24-2008, 5:50 PM
...at least when it comes to the Carth romance plot.

I very stupidly figured out how to open up Uthar Wynn's room AFTER I had turned the whole Sith Academy (including Dustil Onasi) hostile on me. I had to kill him, and now Carth won't shut up about bringing "the datapad" to Dustil. He won't move along when it comes to US. Do I have to start my whole game over, or what? (Anyone have any KOTOR savegames with a female Revan I can use for this, if indeed I have screwed up my game?)

Save often and in lots of different slots, this would often save people from coming to grief, if you have a save slot before getting the Star Map for Korriban, go back on to that.

I dunno if you can save things with KSE. Check when your last auto-save was if you don't have lots of saves ;)
 TKA-001
05-24-2008, 6:38 PM
I had this exact same problem the last time I played K1, except I was only trying to work through the Dustil sidequest. It was hilariously ironic yet imperiously frustrating that according to logic I knew AI could turn Dustil back to the light in literally seconds, but according to the game I no longer had any such opportunity.

I suggest reloading to a saved game that takes place either right before or right after you get into the academy. I recommend that you always attend to the Dustil sidequest first to avoid this mistake from here on out. I myself got this problem because I went through Korriban too fast and didn't know that they would all attack me after Uthar dies.

As jonathan7 said, save as much as you can no matter what, and make several backups each time you get to a Star Map.
Page: 1 of 1