Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to start NeverBlender??

Page: 1 of 1
 FBTD
05-17-2008, 1:10 PM
I'm new to python especially for blender so how do I go about running this program? The manual on the site didn't help.
 DarthNandis
05-17-2008, 11:50 PM
This is the forum to Star Wars Kotor, not for programs like this.
I guess that nobody here can help your.

:(
 Robespierre
05-17-2008, 11:53 PM
NeverBlender is an addon for Blender, the 3D modelling program. It allows you to import and export KotOR models (and NeverWinterNights models, hence the "Never" in the name).

As for using it? Not a clue.
 Quanon
05-18-2008, 6:31 AM
NeverBlender is an addon for Blender, the 3D modelling program. It allows you to import and export KotOR models (and NeverWinterNights models, hence the "Never" in the name).

As for using it? Not a clue.

Not really most of the people here use G-Max ( which is free by the way) or 3Ds-Max (which cost $$$).

I know Blender, tried to work with it before, but alas I can't really help you out as my experience with the program doesn't go beyound messing up a boxed shape.

I do know there's tons of information to found on how to model and all.

I would suggest you look up how "plug-ins" get installed, its just a guess, but perhaps it could give some clues.
 Kha
05-18-2008, 7:29 AM
A long time ago I tried using NeverBlender to mod NWN and KOTOR, since Blender is the 3D modeling program I know and like most, but it never worked and now I think it is pretty much outdated since the python API inside Blender changed many times after that.

To use those python scripts in Blender you open the .py file in the Edit Text window inside Blender and press ALT+P to run it, the error messages will appear in the console window.
 Robespierre
05-18-2008, 8:46 AM
As far as I know, NeverBlender was in a very early Alpha stage when it was released, and then the developer never updated it. So just take Quanon's advice (BELIEVE me, take it, its always good) and use Gmax.
Page: 1 of 1