Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

a recovering theist, nwn2 help

Page: 1 of 1
 mur'phon
05-14-2008, 5:01 PM
So I have come quite far in the main quest, rp'ing as myself as best I can. Unfourtantely I just realized I must have clicked wrong when chosing a diety, which bugs me as I'm no theist. My question is, is there a way to change my diety with some modding? It isn't exactly game breaking, but it kills imerson a bit.
 Achilles
05-14-2008, 6:51 PM
Dunno if this will do what you need it to your not (link (http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=nwn2tools.Detail&id=35)). FWIW, I think you have to have a deity selected for any of the divine spellcasting classes (and it is essential for the Favored Soul class).
 Corinthian
05-14-2008, 7:57 PM
Anyone who's not a Theist in the Forgotten Realms would logically have had some kind of serious brain damage, given that at some point in the not-so-distant past within the setting, the Gods all got flung down to Earth by an even bigger God and started killing each other. So if you consider yourself a logical being, then logically, in the Forgotten Realms, you should be Theistic, given that the Gods have revealed themselves to the absolute degree.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-14-2008, 8:09 PM
I always end up worshiping Ao. Not sure why.
 Corinthian
05-14-2008, 8:11 PM
Because he's the most awesome? And unlike the Lady of Pain you don't find yourself slashed to ribbons if you dare to worship.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
05-14-2008, 8:12 PM
Yeah but he kind of just ignores mortals unless they start ****ing **** up at a divine level.
 Corinthian
05-14-2008, 8:15 PM
And by that point, they're not really mortals. But I mean, he's the guy who threw every God, well, except Helm, out of their planar bases and stripped away most of their Divine Power because two of them stole some tablets, so he decided to teach them all a lesson in discipline.
 Emperor Devon
05-15-2008, 4:48 AM
then logically, in the Forgotten Realms, you should be Theistic, given that the Gods have revealed themselves to the absolute degree.

Not really, that they exist doesn't mean they deserve to be worshiped. MotB did a good job at highlighting that with the Wall of the Faithless.
 Achilles
05-15-2008, 4:54 AM
^^^^
Not to mention that MotB also established that "god" was little more than a status that could be obtained by anyone with the power to do so.
 mur'phon
05-15-2008, 5:08 AM
All: I only did the first part of MotB with a diferent char, so no spoilers please.

Achilles: It won't be a problem, my thiefling mage have little need for sky daddies. It seems like I could use the tools to do it, though my compleete computter iliteracy might problem. So if there is a quick step-by-step guide, I would be grateful.

Corinthian: From what I have gathered, the gods have a habit of screwing the people up toyally, acting as some kind of uber-intrusive government. I don't trust them either when it comes to the whole afterlife thingy either. Besides I didn't really like any of the gods, the red knight being the only one to come close.
 Achilles
05-15-2008, 5:36 AM
All: I only did the first part of MotB with a diferent char, so no spoilers please.Don't worry: no one has dropped any :)

Achilles: It won't be a problem, my thiefling mage have little need for sky daddies. It seems like I could use the tools to do it, though my compleete computter iliteracy might problem. So if there is a quick step-by-step guide, I would be grateful. No idea. I simply Googled "NWN2 save game editor" and provided you with the most relevant result. I've never actually used the tool myself.
 Corinthian
05-15-2008, 6:40 AM
Sure, maybe they don't deserve to be worshipped, mostly because at least 50% of them are bastards, but you can hardly be an Atheist in this universe, you're just refusing to worship any of them.

I'm not sure if there's a real-life religion that imitates this.
 mur'phon
05-15-2008, 7:11 AM
Never said I wanted my char to be an atheist, but it's not like we have a term for *people-who-have-been-shown-proof-for-the-existence-of-gods-yet-don't-worship-them* :xp:
Page: 1 of 1